HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

shame on you!

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2004, 11:28 AM
furax

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to furax
shame on you!

Stop pretending to be Hab fans..... whenever your team goes down you start bashing on them.

I'm a true hab fan and I will live and die as hab fan.

Plus, I still believe! Why? Because i'm a real fan!

Yes it's normal to be mad....... but still you need to stand behind you're team.

We got a great team so i don't understand why you're bashing this team...

Anyway..... you bashers should feel ashame....

I know there's a minority that thinks like me....

Old
04-28-2004, 11:29 AM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by furax
Most people just think about their next meal.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
I think the same as you and I'm not going to bash this team. I still believe!

Old
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:

Stop pretending to be Hab fans..... whenever your team goes down you start bashing on them.

Yes it's normal to be mad....... but still you need to stand behind you're team.

I never said we didnt have a chance... If we win the next 4 games, we're okay.. My confidence is just very shaky with Theo in nets. I almost have a heart attack each time TB has a shot on net. Still, If we can win tomorrow, I'll be happy.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Parrothead

I'm not a Montreal follower at all, but your team has nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever.

The strides taken by the Habs this year should be appreciated especially since they appear to be a sign of things in the future.

As a fan, I wouldn't give a rat's ass if Les Habs got swept . . . they've played entertaining hockey and have come a lot further than many expected.

Besides, you whupped the Bruins.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:42 AM
mcphee

Parrothead, are you related to our poster who likes to be known as PeePeeHead ?

Old
04-28-2004, 11:56 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I am with Furax,
No matter what happens Thursday I am proud to be a HAB fan and with the performance of my team this year. We had a great year, a lot of great surprises. We have a young team managed by a great hockey personality with lots of prospects (no other team in NHL has so much talent). Let's all hope we are going to have a hockey season next year so we can enjoy a even better team. Go Habs Go....I believe

Old
04-28-2004, 12:09 PM
furax

on top of that there's guy at work who said if Montreal win 4 in a row he will dress like the guy on this website...

http://pixyland.org/peterpan/photo_closeups_grl.htm

Old
04-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I stand somewhere between you Furax and the ones you're criticizing. See, I'm a Habs fan, but am also a hockey fan that just loves to talk about it, the good and bad parts. Objectivity is my main concern (most of the time anyway).

Blind patriotism or emphasised fatalism is the same to me. Not being able to criticize because you're a "true" fan or not being able to see past your frustration, wanting half the team moved to Siberia when they lose, because you're a "bad" fan, isn't that far appart.

That being said, cheering for your team until the end and being able to recognize what has been good or bad about it and speak of the matter as openly as possible shouldn't be perceived as oil and water.

Old
04-28-2004, 12:28 PM
furax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I stand somewhere between you Furax and the ones you're criticizing. See, I'm a Habs fan, but am also a hockey fan that just loves to talk about it, the good and bad parts. Objectivity is my main concern (most of the time anyway).

Blind patriotism or emphasised fatalism is the same to me. Not being able to criticize because you're a "true" fan or not being able to see past your frustration, wanting half the team moved to Siberia when they lose, because you're a "bad" fan, isn't that far appart.

That being said, cheering for your team until the end and being able to recognize what has been good or bad about it and speak of the matter as openly as possible shouldn't be perceived as oil and water.

You're right. I criticize too but i'm able to see more than just one error or one game.

If we take Ribeiro for example. Everyone wants this guy to be traded. You can criticized his errors but it remains that if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be in the playoff. So altought the guy made alot of errors, people got to step back take an objective point of view and see that he has an awesome year.

Old
04-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Parrothead, are you related to our poster who likes to be known as PeePeeHead ?

Never would I allow my relatives to be named such childish, foolish names.

Lafleur says GO HABS GO!!! HABS OVER TAMPA!! We will win in 7.

Old
04-28-2004, 02:56 PM
GilleZ

Quote:

Sorry but i dont agree with your definition of a Habs fan. I think your defining a Homer!! Why when you see a player who dont play well you cant say it??? This is just the reality of the game, if all the habs players where so great, thats not T-Bay who would lead 3-0, its us. Dont get me wrong, i stand behind my team, Kovalev and Koivu are just monster in the playoffs. Rivet is probably my biggest suprise, but if you cant see that Theo, Ribs, Souray and many other are not playing great, your not a fan, your a homer!!! If you want a better team next year, we need to find where we must improve. If a fan is pissed or overjoyed, he cares for the team and his a fan.

Go Habs Go

Old
04-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Habs

Quote:

Why must being a fan include turning a blind eye to glaring mistakes, character and flaws? The enjoyment of being a sports fan, is being able to see the team weakness, and hopefull watch it improve over time.

This team has flaws, it always will, so will the eventual Stanley Cup champion. The whole 'live and die for your team, and refuse to see any flaws' routine, is getting old.

So next time you pay 150 + dollars to watch your favourite team, and they don't show up, play hard or look interested, I'm sure you'll be the person shouting 'What a terrific hockey team!' on the way out.

Because, after all, you're true a fan.

Old
04-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Why must being a fan include turning a blind eye to glaring mistakes, character and flaws? The enjoyment of being a sports fan, is being able to see the team weakness, and hopefull watch it improve over time.

This team has flaws, it always will, so will the eventual Stanley Cup champion. The whole 'live and die for your team, and refuse to see any flaws' routine, is getting old.

So next time you pay 150 + dollars to watch your favourite team, and they don't show up, play hard or look interested, I'm sure you'll be the person shouting 'What a terrific hockey team!' on the way out.

Because, after all, you're true a fan.
Great post! I've said it before and I'll say it again...the BEST hockey fans in the league are Montreal fans. These are hockey players that are making millions to play a game. We as Montreal fans have been VERY patient for the past 10 years and now that we're a team, we HAVE to expect to see the team show up. I live in Toronto and I make fun of all the Leaf fans who cheer for their team and will pay hundred and hundred of dollars to watch the crap that had been on the ice for years. With no pressure from the fans, unless you have an owner that is dedicated to winning a la Mike Ilitch, then the team will just go about making money.

We as Montreal fans HAVE to expect the team to get better...it's our job.

You're right though, people shouldn't BASH players, bashing players is stupid. Souray doesn't suck, Sundstrom doesn't suck, Theodore doesn't suck, but it's our job as fans to push those players to be the best they can be.

Cap

Old
04-28-2004, 04:19 PM
furax

Gillez and Habs you didn't get my point...

I'm tired of ppl bashing each time there's something wrong....... yes we lost because of an error.... but overall the team has played a great game yesterday....

I'm not saying you can't criticize your team. But i can't stand people wanting our best players to get trade because of some error. People got to judge the player for what he has done the whole season(including playoff) and not only the playoffs.

My post was for those people that always get in and out of the bandwagon.

If you guys aren't happy because your team is 0-3 in the second round of playoff well to bad.

Don't get me wrong there are many things that can be improve for next season but the best is still to come without trading Theo, Ribs, Souray, etc.

Old
04-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Zednik

and I'm tired of the people who start a thread like this after every loss... Man, it's a message board, you're allowed to write YOUR message, what you think. Personnally, I'm happy with the way the Habs have been playing this year and I didn't bash anyone on this team, but if some people want to, I can live with it.

Last edited by Zednik: 04-28-2004 at 04:59 PM.
Closed Thread