HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jeff Finger for Ethan Moreau

Old
03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafsFan2010 View Post
While I don't think this will happen since the Oilers want to trade players to get cap relief but what if the Leafs would take back Ethan Moreau, however the Oilers had to take Jeff Finger. Now with Moreau's deal his a UFA after the 2010/2011 season, so is it worth it to get rid of Finger and his horrible contract?
Finger would be in their top 4 right now...after the top 2 in Edm it's pretty thin.

Still the length of finger's contract is too much.

All Burke needs to do is send him to the minors and its done. Don't need to take Moreau back.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Finger would be in their top 4 right now...after the top 2 in Edm it's pretty thin.

All Burke needs to do is send him to the minors and its done. Don't need to take Moreau back.
I love your avatar.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsheiban View Post
I personally think Burke has done a pretty good job with the lack of talent we started with, but the one blockbuster move that needs to be done is to do the first Fans for Player trade. It will be a remarkable day and I think Vancouver gets a little ripped off but here it is

Coming to the leafs: The infamous Greemen
http://static.open.salon.com/files/g...1261548880.jpg

Going to Vancouver: Jeff Finger

...who am i kidding, Jeff Finger may be worth 1 Greeman at best. Cliff Fletcher...WHYYYYYYYYY
Greenmen>>>>NHL!

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Greenmen>>>>NHL!
Nope. From the owners on down, the Canucks just won't have anything to do with the Leafs as long as Burke is there, so no Canucks - Leafs trade what so ever.

In order to see Finger traded to Vancouver I was going to suggest Edmonton trade Moreau to the Leafs, then the Oilers flip Finger to the Canucks for Hodgson, but the Oilers won't deal with the Canucks as long as Gillis is Vancouver's GM so that won't work either.

There is just no way that either the Oilers or the Leafs are going to be able to give the Canucks the Finger.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:01 PM
lightning_legwand*

Why would Oilers bite on that??

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:19 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
The funny part, Horcoff would EASILY be a top-6 forward on the Leafs right now.
No, the funny thing is that Horcoff is a top 6 forward on oilers NOW. I dont see him taking Bozak or Grabos spots as a top 6 centre. Maybe if Grabo moves to the wing.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Mikey71

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post

Top 4 right at this moment? Yeah I will give you that. However that is only because Souray and Smid are out for the season. Suddenly Finger wouldn't be in the top 4 if they are healthy. Add in the fact Grebeshkov and Staios being traded(and I will leave Lubo out since he brought in Whitney) and suddenly Finger isn't in the top 6. Now, since Edmonton traded both Grebs and Staios in "futures" moves, why would they take back a defenceman in a move that would have a negative result towards their future?

Edmonton isn't winning anything next year so they could do MUCH worse than let Moreau and guys like Nilsson in their last year of their contracts ride the season out. Besides, a guy like Moreau could really help Edmonton out in the quest for Larsson.

Last edited by Mikey71: 03-14-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Mikey71 is offline   Reply With Quote