HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

BIG BOY skates needed

Old
03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
sebavalanche

vCash: 500
BIG BOY skates needed

hey all - im trying to find my buddy some inline skates for roller hockey - being in miami makes it extremely hard to find a decent hockey shop.
my buddy is a size 16 shoe - and all the sites ive been to only go up to a certain size - i doubt im the only one whose encountered this problem so any help would be awesome -

also larger sticks will be needed since hes 6'5 -6'6 - any site sell sticks larger than 60"??

thanks

sebavalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:16 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
Skates are sized rather differently from shoes, and he will have to try them on.

As for sticks, the One85 is a little longer then most. If that doesn't work, they make extensions for composite sticks.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Skraut

Find a hockey shop and get fitted.

it will save you so much aggravation, trust me. I ran into a guy at the rink about a month or so ago. He was bragging about how much trouble he had to go through to find a site online where he could order size 14 skates, and how much cash he dropped on them. I asked what size shoes he wore, and he looked at me like I was crazy and said "14 of course"

10 minutes later after a half dozen falls I heard him exclaim "These ****ing skates are too big!!!" as he crawled off the ice.

for the record I wear size 11 1/2 or 12 shoes, and wear a size 9 skate, and my toes don't even touch the caps like they should.

I'm 6'4" and most sticks aren't long enough for me, but I just may be cutting an inch or so off my new Harrow 300 two piece stick, so that may be something to consider.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:48 PM
sebavalanche

i am aware that skate sizes run different than shoe size - the problem is that my friends feet are huge and cannot find a skate size to fit his size 16 feet.(online anyway) since i live in MIAMI there are no shops for roller hockey to get him fitted. am looking for a site that carry larger skates if anyone know of one.

thanks - appreciate it

sebavalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 03:06 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebavalanche View Post
i am aware that skate sizes run different than shoe size - the problem is that my friends feet are huge and cannot find a skate size to fit his size 16 feet.(online anyway) since i live in MIAMI there are no shops for roller hockey to get him fitted. am looking for a site that carry larger skates if anyone know of one.

thanks - appreciate it
He will not be a size 16 skate. He will probably be a 13 or so at the most, and in order to determine what size he is you will have to try skates on, or at least be properly measured.

He may not be able to find a shop in Miami, true. But if you have no idea of your skate size, you have to be fitted.

Go to a rink. Rinks usually have shops, at least ice rinks. Even if they don't have the skates in stock, they can size him and order the correct size. If he does not get the correct size and guesses at his size instead, he WILL be in pain and he WILL NOT be able to skate well.

Chara wears size 12 skates. It's very doubtful your friend will need larger.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 03:30 PM
wearethegreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
He will not be a size 16 skate. He will probably be a 13 or so at the most, and in order to determine what size he is you will have to try skates on, or at least be properly measured.

He may not be able to find a shop in Miami, true. But if you have no idea of your skate size, you have to be fitted.

Go to a rink. Rinks usually have shops, at least ice rinks. Even if they don't have the skates in stock, they can size him and order the correct size. If he does not get the correct size and guesses at his size instead, he WILL be in pain and he WILL NOT be able to skate well.

Chara wears size 12 skates. It's very doubtful your friend will need larger.
LOL yeah that sums it up

But for real just tell your friend to order from www.inlinewarehouse.com

free shipping on orders over $99 (ground)
free 2nd day air shipping on orders over $199
no handling fees
365 day return policy - they give you a return label if you request it for new skates within 7 days of getting them (free return shipping on new, unused, unsharpened skates. just have him try them on and walk around his living room carpet.

worse comes to worse he sends em back for a refund or correct size, no restocking fees and they can ship out his new skates immediately if he has the wrong size then credit him for the return pair so he doesnt have to wait as long

wearethegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
cmdrdredd

There used to be some good Hockey retailers around the Miami-Dade/Broward County area. Unfortunately they all dried up due to online sales. The only hockey retailers left specialize in Ice Hockey. But they can size you there and you can look online for the best deals and check some user reviews of different brands. Maybe ask around at the inline hockey rinks where people find equipment and you might come across a contact locally.

cmdrdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:02 PM
HowToHockey

If I were you I would get his foot fitted properly so he knows what size he would wear, then armed with the proper info he could look online for a skate in his size

The Hockey Movement The Hockey Movement
HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote