HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

#63: SJ Sharks vs NJ Devils | 7:30PM PST (CSNCA-HD, Versus-HD)

Old
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
SC2008

vCash: 500
I'll give the Sharks a few games to get reset. After all 5 of the core were in the gold medal game.

Guys like Miller and Luongo got a break their first game back.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Thresher

The game was very...weird. We were all pretty annoyed at the botched play by Boyle and the subsequent wam-bam 2-0 deficit, which featured Huskins near the crease on both GA. The Sharks were definitely out of sync. (I'm also shocked as hell that Nabby has a new mask design....wow. I thought it would forever feature the ocean zombie creature)

After the SJ time-out, the Sharks appeared to step up their game for a couple shifts, but another penalty against resulted in a late goal for the Devs and fans seemed ready to settle for 'mission spoil shutout' as a consolation.

In the third, when NJ made it 4-0 on a 'too easy' play, half the Tank filtered out. With time running down, I'll say that 3-goal rally set the est. 10,000 fans into a frenzy that would challenge a packed house. It was LOUD. It was if I was witnessing two entirely different games. Those 3min were pretty damn exciting.

The Sharks had ALL the momentum in the world...BUT THEN, they called a TV time-out, and when play resumed it was the Sharks of the first 45min. Blah. And they really only had 1 or 2 good chances to net the equalizer and the final min. with the extra attacker was uninspiring. (I'll also add here that the linesmen were boo'd at least 3 or 4 times throughout. Shoddy performance on their part.)

Kind of a shame to net 3 vs Brodeur and still lose without a point. Credit to the Devils aggressive play and ability to pick up lose pucks.

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:36 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
I think it was actually the Devils who called the timeout after the 4-3 goal. I don't actually remember if they did, but late in the game Randy said neither team had their timeout left.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:46 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
I think it was actually the Devils who called the timeout after the 4-3 goal. I don't actually remember if they did, but late in the game Randy said neither team had their timeout left.
the devils called the TO

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Thresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Makes sense. Either way, the stretch of downtime as the players gathered around the bench, and the ice was cleaned = buzzkill.

Old
03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
The Sharks had ALL the momentum in the world...BUT THEN, they called a TV time-out, and when play resumed it was the Sharks of the first 45min.
The eventual TV timeout was huge. Normally they take timeouts at the first (non-goal, non-icing) whistles after the 14/10/6 minute marks. Setoguchi scored his first with 11:36 left. McAmmond took a penalty at the 10:22 remaining, so they couldn't call the usual TV timeout because the Sharks were on the power play. Setoguchi scored again and they can't go to TV timeout after a goal. Pavelski scored with 8:28 remaining at which point the Devils took the timeout. The next TV timeout came with 7:21 left.

Sometimes I wonder how cognizant coaches/players are of the TV timeouts. A smart player might deliberately chip a puck out of play just to get the long stoppage. I also get annoyed when the Devils send out the 4th line when the next whistle is going to be the TV timeout.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Thresher

Also, on an aside

I'm watching the start of Oilers at Blackhawks - and Chicago is having a pregame ceremony for the staff/players Olympians, with music/fanfare as each player is introduced individually to salute the cheering fans.

I wonder why the Sharks opted for a quick blurb during the first stoppage. We were standing and cheering the announcement, but then the puck was dropped to resume play and we all just sat back down, like alrighty then. Heh.

Old
03-04-2010, 08:21 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
Also, on an aside

I'm watching the start of Oilers at Blackhawks - and Chicago is having a pregame ceremony for the staff/players Olympians, with music/fanfare as each player is introduced individually to salute the cheering fans.

I wonder why the Sharks opted for a quick blurb during the first stoppage. We were standing and cheering the announcement, but then the puck was dropped to resume play and we all just sat back down, like alrighty then. Heh.
I booed the Canadians

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote