HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Voros + Lisin on Waivers (update - both clear)

Old
03-02-2010, 01:44 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Offdabrossbar...

It's amusing that, even though you're absolutely right in attacking the credibility of this organization, it's the loss of completely insignificant scrub like Lisin that prompts you to do so.

Lisin sucks, and will never be an NHL player. He clearly does not understand the mental aspect of the game. At least not at the NHL level. Voros is well liked, too, but much like Lisin, he doesn't belong in this league, either.

I like that the loss of a waste of space like Lisin bothers you more than the cutting of ties with Zherdev, a 60 point, dynamic offensive player that we traded a solid young d-man on a good contract for.

Ridiculous.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:44 PM
CH2

Over the summer Voros should hire a personal coach to teach him how to be a defenseman. He's got the size and not horrible skating where he could be a Strudwick type of person.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:45 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I'm gonna miss Voros. You have to think if he clears he'll be snagged once he is put on re-entry...if he's ever put on re-entry.
He has to be sent down first before we have to worry about re-entry. He won't be sent down until Sather has a deal in place for which he needs the cap space. If that deal never happens, Voros won't be sent down. If Voros is sent down, I can't imagine he'll be brought back before next season.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Apparently Lisin is dressing tonight.
all the more reason to be embarrassed for this organization.

i mean, you tell him hes not wanted and then dress him anyway.

whats next, stripping him at center ice after the game ?

awful.

fire slats.
fire torts

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
How is this possible? No Gaborik tonight, and Voros and Lisin are gone. No Del Zotto either. Do we even have enough players?

EDIT: I see Lisin is playing. But we're still missing 3 guys.
Potter is up. We also have a surplus of forwards, none of who are very good, so I think we'll be able to field a team tonight.

Luckily Lisin, the second most talented player on the team, is dressing.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:48 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
all the more reason to be embarrassed for this organization.

i mean, you tell him hes not wanted and then dress him anyway.

whats next, stripping him at center ice after the game ?

awful.

fire slats.
fire torts
There are so many bigger, more important things about this franchise that are embarrassing than the way they are treating Enver Lisin.

Frankly, Lisin and the way he's being treated don't even make the list.

Old
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
While I agree that the *****ing about Lisin is un-warranted, a lot of people are complaining because this is officially the demise of yet another terrible first round pick.
I wouldnt say terrible, the guy still plays in the NHL for a playoff team and the coach is very fond of his play. Winners find a way, they capitalize on their opportunities, wherever that may be on the ice.

From about a month ago:

Quote:
Korpikoski was again rewarded for hovering around the net, banging back the rebound off a deflected point shot to get the Coyotes within 3-2 at 7:24 of the third.

"He plays at a good pace all the time. Tonight, he got fortunate with some pucks around the net. That's the type of compete we need," said Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett of Korpikoski.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0110/699096.html

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
How is this possible? No Gaborik tonight, and Voros and Lisin are gone. No Del Zotto either. Do we even have enough players?

EDIT: I see Lisin is playing. But we're still missing 3 guys.
Potter is taking MDZ's spot. Gaborik, Voros and MDZ are the scratches, leaving us with 12 forwards and 6 dmen.

Old
03-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Wow reading this thread is depressing... now we're jumping on people for hating the GM/Ownership for the wrong reasons lol

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Always thought Korpikoski would get better as his career went on.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:50 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Offdabrossbar...

It's amusing that, even though you're absolutely right in attacking the credibility of this organization, it's the loss of completely insignificant scrub like Lisin that prompts you to do so.

Lisin sucks, and will never be an NHL player. He clearly does not understand the mental aspect of the game. At least not at the NHL level. Voros is well liked, too, but much like Lisin, he doesn't belong in this league, either.

I like that the loss of a waste of space like Lisin bothers you more than the cutting of ties with Zherdev, a 60 point, dynamic offensive player that we traded a solid young d-man on a good contract for.

Ridiculous.
2 things.

first, lisin was given 50 games. thats not enough for a young russian player still learning the game. period.

second, zherdev, imo, quit on this team. he has "compete" issues that go well beyond his skill set. his fragile psyche is the issue more so than his lack of skills.

zherdev is the better player when comparing lisin and zherdev. no doubt.

but, and heres the rub, zherdev lacked heart and had consistent effort issues that lisin does not have and giving up on the kid after 50 games is a mistake.

Old
03-02-2010, 01:53 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
So did I. Thought the trade was a mistake at the time. I thought it was another Sather gamble a la Toots for Zherdev, but I was willing to let it play out and see what happened. Now Sather is 0 for 2. There's a lesson to be learned there, but I'm sure most posters on here won't see it.

Old
03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
In The Flesh

what a waste of Korpedo

if Torts doesn't "feel" a guy, he's gone, no chance

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I'm suprised that he has to waived, to be frank.

He will be picked up, and we will have lost him for nothing.

Based on his play this season, he lacks 3 of the 4 things I see that a player needs to be a good NHLer.

1. Strength on the boards, ability to win puck battles and move the puck up off the boards in the offensive zone.

2. Strength on his skates

3. Good vision on the ice, the ability to anticipate where teammates are without looking straight at them. Some people confuse this with playmaking ability, it is something that Avery and Gaborik are very good at.

He has skating ability. Thats about all there is going for him.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Well, Lisin was headed to RFA after this season, and if the team didn't like him, I doubt they'd qualify him in the offseason. So he probably would have been gone for nothing anyway.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
So did I. Thought the trade was a mistake at the time. I thought it was another Sather gamble a la Toots for Zherdev, but I was willing to let it play out and see what happened. Now Sather is 0 for 2. There's a lesson to be learned there, but I'm sure most posters on here won't see it.
I thought it was an awful trade too.

traded a hockey player for a skill-set.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Losing Korpikoski was a dumb, dumb move by the administration. He's a player that plays hard and works so hard at the net. His skill set wasn't tremendous, but it was okay and he's a young, young player. I can see him being a solid 3rd liner in the future.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:03 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Could the Rangers gotten more out of Korpikoski's value than 52 games and a waived player?

Geez. Close to another gross mismanagement of an asset. How many times is Sather going to reap what hes sewn? He's constantly moving pieces in and out like a deranged freak.

I'd like to see a list of all the notable players that have been brought in through trade, free agency and waivers and out via trade, waivers and retirement in the span of the last 2 years. Its got to be the most turnover out of any club in the league.
This drives me crazy about him. I made fewer trades as a youngin playing NHL 95.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:05 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

how predictable.

all the love for korpikoski pouring out now that lisin has been waived.

like that some how makes korp a better player.

people, hes a 4th liner who was taken in the 1st round. we had betts and freddie sjo who were both better 4th line players than korp was and is.

please. stop.

Old
03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
2 things.

first, lisin was given 50 games. thats not enough for a young russian player still learning the game. period.
How many years are you going to give a guy who plays as if, in the first 23 years of his life, he hasn't learned a thing? He's lost out there, completely. Again, he'll never be an NHL player, and that has nothing to do with this team. It has to do with the fact that he's either been terribly coached his entire career, or he simply chooses not to listen.

Quote:
second, zherdev, imo, quit on this team. he has "compete" issues that go well beyond his skill set. his fragile psyche is the issue more so than his lack of skills.
He quit on this team? I'd say, if anything, this team quit on him. Which is amusing, since he'd still be the team's second best offensive player if he was on the team today.

Zherdev is lazy, inconsistent, and hardly ideal. But I'd rather have a guy that tries half of the time, and is very good when he does, than have a guy who is a complete nothing, a total zero, whether he tries hard or not.

Quote:
but, and heres the rub, zherdev lacked heart and had consistent effort issues that lisin does not have and giving up on the kid after 50 games is a mistake.
No, giving up on Zherdev was a mistake. Giving up on Lisin is...nothing. It doesn't even deserve a description because that's how little impact he makes as a player. He's a place filler. He's worthless, and as disappointing (although hardly surprising) as Korpikoski was, at least he's useful. At least he contributes something. Lisin contributes nothing.

Old
03-02-2010, 02:16 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
How many years are you going to give a guy who plays as if, in the first 23 years of his life, he hasn't learned a thing? He's lost out there, completely. Again, he'll never be an NHL player, and that has nothing to do with this team. It has to do with the fact that he's either been terribly coached his entire career, or he simply chooses not to listen.

He quit on this team? I'd say, if anything, this team quit on him. Which is amusing, since he'd still be the team's second best offensive player if he was on the team today.

Zherdev is lazy, inconsistent, and hardly ideal. But I'd rather have a guy that tries half of the time, and is very good when he does, than have a guy who is a complete nothing, a total zero, whether he tries hard or not.

No, giving up on Zherdev was a mistake. Giving up on Lisin is...nothing. It doesn't even deserve a description because that's how little impact he makes as a player. He's a place filler. He's worthless, and as disappointing (although hardly surprising) as Korpikoski was, at least he's useful. At least he contributes something. Lisin contributes nothing.
Great points all around Sting. also though 23 is young, if you're not producing ANYTHING at 23 there's a good chance you wont at 24, 25, 26 etc. It's not like he's fresh out of Juniors, or at least putting up 40 point campaigns at 23.

Speed does not equal production or NHL play. However it will always seduce people into thinking it does.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
how predictable.

people, hes a 4th liner who was taken in the 1st round. we had betts and freddie sjo who were both better 4th line players than korp was and is.

please. stop.
Ha, you are in NO position to be judging him now that Lisin has been a monumental bust, especially compared to the hype and unabashed excuse making you spent hours posting on this board in Lisin's defense. You actually may have had a point about the way Lisin has been handled, but it got lost in your continuous belief that Lisin is a star in waiting.

Dave Tippet thinks Korps is a valuable part of his playoff team, what are they saying about Lisin now?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
how predictable.

please. stop.
More predictable than you still trying to convince everybody Lisin is worth a roster spot? Still waiting for him to produce anything at any level.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:25 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
2 things.

zherdev is the better player when comparing lisin and zherdev. no doubt.

I'm having a problem understanding what you mean by this. What is "lacked a heart?" Is this one of your throw-away lines you use to disparage a player without being called out. This is not quantifiable. Captain valium supposedly has "heart", yet he SUCKS. As do most of the Rangers. I'd rather have a "heartless", your adjective, player that produces than one well endowed with this attribute you call "heart" that doesn't.

Again, what does it mean? Give an cogent example we can use to measure other players endowment or "lack of heart".

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Ha, you are in NO position to be judging him now that Lisin has been a monumental bust, especially compared to the hype and unabashed excuse making you spent hours posting on this board in Lisin's defense. You actually may have had a point about the way Lisin has been handled, but it got lost in your continuous belief that Lisin is a star in waiting.

Dave Tippet thinks Korps is a valuable part of his playoff team, what are they saying about Lisin now?
do have a point.

hes been mishandled and jerked around by torts all season long but that point is not related in any way, shape, or form to my belief that lisin can still be a top 6 player in this league. one is quite obvious to the nyr fan who pays close attention and the other is just my opinion.

please, someone with your intelligence shouldnt need me to point that out.