HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators vs. Oilers || March 2, 2010

Old
03-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Kosik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Pretty sweet that Grebs was able to contribute right away. I wonder if he was already rooming with an Edmonton teammate at the Hilton when he found out he got traded, then had to go get a room by himself or something? Awkward!
Sportsnet said he had to switch hotels haha

Kosik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosik View Post
Sportsnet said he had to switch hotels haha
Yeah, he had mentioned that he was checking into the Wyndham Suites with the Oilers as he started hearing about the trade, but didn't get the phone call until he was starting to walk down the street to head to Bridgestone Arena for practice. The Predators house their players at a hotel that's closer to the practice rink...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:21 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

We wake this morning still in 7th ... 3 points ahead of the Wings, 3 behind the Avs. Both could possibly lose tonight and help us out.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Tapp

I really enjoyed watching Colin Wilson was last night. I thought he showed great patience on his goal. And several times I caught myself thinking, “Yeah!” watching him maintain control of the puck while being pressured.

If Hörnqvist can continue to improve, if Wilson can continue to progress, if we can find a way to keep Weber and Suter . . .

Speaking of Hörnqvist and Weber, earlier in the thread SLake and 101st were talking about Hörnqvist’s play in front of the net. Rewatching some on DVR after the game last night, Terry questioned if Hörnqvist deflected Shea’s shot for the goal. Pete said he couldn’t detect a change in direction and they didn’t question it further after the goal was announced as Shea’s. But they showed a nice slow motion replay from behind Shea where it certainly looks like Patric deflected the puck causing it to jump into the air. But I don’t have HD (was it an HD game?) and I couldn’t see the puck as it went by Patric in the other angles they showed. Did anyone else see it? And a side tidbit, at the last few home games I noticed during warm ups the last thing Shea did before leaving the ice was shoot some pucks toward the net with Hörnqvist in front trying to deflect them.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:53 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2009020931

One of the facinating things in this box score was that most of the defenseman got 17 mins

Hamhuis: 17:56 EV 20:23 Total
Weber: 17:19 EV 21:21 Total
Klein: 17:39 EV 18:34 Total
Suter: 17:52 EV 22:24 Total
Grebeshkov: 17:31 EV 17:45 Total
Bouillon: 17:47 EV 19:35 Total

Dumont with 11:59 Minutes of total time {Last on the team}, Sullivan 13:57 {3rd from last}, just reading that tells me that the SAD line is the 3rd line. Arnott played about 2 more minutes than more than Dumont and Sullivan. Wilson was second to last but a productive 13:27.

20 games left with 3 point from 6th and 3 points from 8th. 4 points above Calgary. The Flames traded backup goalies: McElhinney for Toskala, and the Phanuef deal, Calgary just picked up Steve Staios. In truth, the Flames are going to ride Kipper till he drops dead and then might keep riding him afterwards. Detroit did NOTHING but they are getting healthier. Colorado delt Wolski for Muller and Porter, traded Lalonde-McNicoll for Yelle and Harrison Reed.

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 03-03-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: What's the purpose of a deadline if announcements keep coming!
BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote