HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keep Clowe away from Pavs!!!

Old
03-04-2010, 02:06 AM
mjburns
RIP Eyedea

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Smart person here. This is close to what I think is a good set up. Spread the top line, Marleau and Seto add speed and Pavs can either set up or score. Jumbo and Clowe are good down low and with the puck. Joe will find Clowe or Heater to score, and Joe and Clowe can take turns on the screen for Heatley. Speed into the zone is good but there are lots of players like Grier for instance, who are fast but wont help puck possession in the O zone. Bottom lines are good, especially if we bag Staubitz.
Only problem with that lineup is Manny and Nichol on the same line, we cant waste the faceoff abilities of either one...

mjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:12 PM
dwood16

Apparently Clowe, Pavs and Patty are a line tonight, Boo!

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:15 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Keep Pavs away from Clowe!!!!!!

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:03 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3565
Keep away from Pavs!!!

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Lars Bjorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Comparing Seto to Cheech is laughable. Seto has youth on his side, and more importantly, is a very good skater.
For one year Cheech was always in the right spot to shoot, and had a pretty good and quick release. While he had other problems as well, and maybe always did, those qualities seemed to disappear. You might say the same for Seto so far. Doesn't mean they are entirely the same player.

Lars Bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 10:06 AM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
Heater-Thornton-Seto
Marleau-Pavs-Malhotra
Clowe-Mitchell-Ortmeyer
Nichol

I like McGinn as a player but he hasn't been able to develop chemistry with anyone from what I've seen. I don't mind Clowe on the 3rd line and prefer Marleau on the second as it spreads out scoring. I like Clowe with Ortmeyer.
I'd like to see them put McGinn onthe top line for 5 games straight, then you can spread out some of the depth and see what you really have........I remember when Geoff Courtnall came into the league with Boston and wasn't being given a shot, he then demanded to be put on the top line with Barry Pederson and Rick Middleton and popped off like 8 goals in 10 games, Give Ginnie a shot and see what he'll bring......

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 10:39 AM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Unless McLellan is the worst coach of all time, and has absolutely no control over his players
See: Nabby
See: Jumbo

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 08:59 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
I'd like to see them put McGinn onthe top line for 5 games straight, then you can spread out some of the depth and see what you really have........I remember when Geoff Courtnall came into the league with Boston and wasn't being given a shot, he then demanded to be put on the top line with Barry Pederson and Rick Middleton and popped off like 8 goals in 10 games, Give Ginnie a shot and see what he'll bring......
I agree with this. Plus, it makes it easier to ***** our guys when we get to see them with talented forwars and playing more minutes. That's how we figured out Michalek could never score more than 30 goals ever. There are a few other guys who I think might be able to put up some points given some 1st/2nd line and power play time. Hell, alot of times it seems like the 3rd line is better than the first line.

Old
03-21-2010, 08:57 PM
dwood16

Seriously though!! What's McLellan's deal Every time we start playing well it's when he changes the lines to what they should be...but he refuses to just keep the lines that way.

This team has terrible chemistry at the moment and it's pretty obvious.

Old
03-22-2010, 01:52 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
Seriously though!! What's McLellan's deal Every time we start playing well it's when he changes the lines to what they should be...but he refuses to just keep the lines that way.

This team has terrible chemistry at the moment and it's pretty obvious.
I'm still completely baffled why he hasn't even tried the lines that were being so successful before Manny's injury pre-olympics. It's like he forgot that stretch of awesome where we had 3 lines scoring like nobody's business.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
I'm still completely baffled why he hasn't even tried the lines that were being so successful before Manny's injury pre-olympics. It's like he forgot that stretch of awesome where we had 3 lines scoring like nobody's business.
He went back to the Manny and Pavs combo a couple times at the very end of games and it worked and I think it was responsible for some of those comebacks and almost comebacks but he won't do it for any extended period of time.

Also when certain players are playing terrible he never sits them on the bench for a while. Every time I watch other teams struggling they have the top guys on the bench and give big minutes to the young guys and grinders to send a message and/or at least give the top guys some time to rest and recoup. TM never has done this.