Committed to moving forward with Dan Wood because he has a good relationship with the players and organization. They trust him and can get inside information for the radio audience. Still a work in progress though.
lol funniest moment so far is that old lady mary calling in earlier complaining about Phil Huet and how loud he is. "I can't her my radio, tell him to keep it down, he's too loud". You hear a chuckle in the background, Bob Murray or John Ahlers, and then Ryan steps in.
I like Murray's style. (However, I suck at fantasy hockey, drafting, etc... )
I like trading away marginal players for marginal players, in a 'musical chairs' type game, hoping to find someone that clicks with the team.
I like trading away players for SOMETHING at the deadline, instead of letting them walk away.
I like the idea of trading for former high-end picks, because those guys were drafted for their athleticism and their skill... and a lot of times, they just never worked out for their club. Maybe 90% of them will never turn it around with just a change of scenery, but there's always diamonds to be found.
As for the Pronger trade, I think we got better value, big time.
As for the trade FOR Whitney, I think we took a chance on Whit, and I don't think he was as horrible as people say, especially considering the time and opponents he was on the ice.
As for the trade for Lubo, I think that Lubo has a chance of being a core Duck for years to come. I hated the name Visnovsky when the Duck's played the Kings, and I was happy to see him leave them.
Picking up Wiz was a descent deal, even if people think his play is low, it just means that if we resign him this year, its going to be for less than if he had a good year
Nokelainen was watching tv and almost fell off the chair. He opened the tv to watch who has been traded. "I saw I was traded to Phoenix and the deadline has surpassed over hour ago" "I was the last player to get traded"
"Bob called afterwards and was sorry that media breaked the news before he did!
So I just listened to the archive of the fan forum and here's the points I found interesting that weren't mentioned here before.
- Murray seems to be interested in going with 3 scoring lines. He made a very direct statement on this at around 47:50.
- He's certainly interested more in offense, as he feels that the past couple Cup teams might show that offense can have a bigger piece.
- They're hoping to get KDOC games in HD. The games have always been filmed in HD, but they weren't broadcast in HD. It sounds like it's an issue with KDOC and cable companies? Because, really, who cares about watching Frasier and Cheers all those old shows in HD?
- Pogge was shipped out because he "didn't work out with our coach and our goalie coach." I wonder what that means.
- Ryan Whitney was moved out because he didn't work out well. Part of the problem was that they thought he could step up as a PP QB, even though he didn't do that in Pittsburgh. But he wasn't comfortable as a QB, so now they move him for Lubo. (Of course the interesting note is that in essence they're planning the team around Scotty, who requires a very good QB for him to roam... yet how much longer is Scotty really going to be here?)