HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

EDM-ANA: Lubomir Visnovsky for Ryan Whitney + 6th round pick

Old
03-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Blatherblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by winfive View Post
Because we need to be last.
We already were last, and still are last, though I foresee a titanic struggle with Toronto. Our overall team is simply not good enough, even with Visnovsky, to go anywhere.

Blatherblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
winfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatherblah View Post
We already were last, and still are last, though I foresee a titanic struggle with Toronto. Our overall team is simply not good enough, even with Visnovsky, to go anywhere.
Exactly the point.We are in last and Toronto isn't going to win too many more so sealing the deal by trading Visnovsky suits me fine.I don't think that there was as much interest in Vishnovsky as alot of people here think.

winfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

FWIW, I do hope Whitney turns out to be a gem for your team and Visnovsky never puts up more than 30 points the rest of his career...and I'm not just writing that because I am a diehard Kings' fan

Call me old fashioned, but I miss the Oilers being one of the better teams. After the Gretzky trade, I consider the Oilers like a 3rd cousin.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
FWIW, I do hope Whitney turns out to be a gem for your team and Visnovsky never puts up more than 30 points the rest of his career...and I'm not just writing that because I am a diehard Kings' fan

Call me old fashioned, but I miss the Oilers being one of the better teams. After the Gretzky trade, I consider the Oilers like a 3rd cousin.
Haha, you're only hating on Lubo cuz he's playing for your worst enemy now. But deep down, you love him too.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote