Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Deadline Thread

Old
03-03-2010, 02:55 PM
2faded

vCash: 500
Post Deadline Thread

Some people hated Murray, some thought he was doing fine. Now that the deadline is done, and yes Murray made a move for a D-man, discuss your final thoughts.

Also, feel free to post post-deadline line combos. There probably isnt much to change on offense (did Sexton get sent back down?) 3 scoring lines or 2? D-pairings! Goalie combos (idk who the backup is now)

Any other moves you think Murray should have made/ shouldnt have made?

2faded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Trading Whitney for Lubo is a huge upgrade.

That alone is terrific...wish Murray would have traded some our of UFA to be's (even Niedermayer), but I can certainly live with this.

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
getzforfighting*

Send a message via MSN to getzforfighting*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Some people hated Murray, some thought he was doing fine. Now that the deadline is done, and yes Murray made a move for a D-man, discuss your final thoughts.

Also, feel free to post post-deadline line combos. There probably isnt much to change on offense (did Sexton get sent back down?) 3 scoring lines or 2? D-pairings! Goalie combos (idk who the backup is now)

Any other moves you think Murray should have made/ shouldnt have made?
Burkie said something about Macdonald not going too far so i think the backup will be MacEhlinnley or whatever his name is and Macdonald will play ahl with the marlies

getzforfighting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Can anyone drive Whitney to the airport?

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Takao
kesbae

In Murray we trust

Takao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Lubo is legit. Always liked him even when he was a King.

GRADES FOR TRADES!:

Kampfer for 4th - B+ : Liked that we got a 4th for someone that we couldn't even sign. Nice grab.
4th + Pogge for Ward - B-/C+ : Doesn't sit with me well, but could be a servicable bottom pairing pickup. Pogge probably wouldn't see a game in the NHL this season, and the 4th was acquired from Kampfer (I think? If not, we still have 2 4th's in 2011).
MacDonald for a 7th - C : Gives us a little insurance for the AHL and/if we get an affiliate. I have a feeling Pielmeier will be an AHL starter sooner than later though. Nothing more than depth.
Boynton for FC - B : Gets a bad contract out of the way. Simple.
Artyukhin for Oystrik + cond 6th - B : Servicable defenseman that will get a shot with us in a year. We got something out of him though which is good.
Toskala for McHilenney - A- : Saving money! Neither would see a start down the stretch anyways. Even if we get 2-3 starts from McHilenney, saving $ is much better.
Whintey for Visnovsky - A+ - HOLY UPGRADE BATMAN!!!! Talk about Bob Murray making the splash of the century at the deadline.

OVERALL: A- . Good job Bob. I hope we can actually make a decent run now with an upgraded D core.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Varius

I just got back from playing hockey and was all smiles to see that Whitney deal. While I may not have hated him as much as most, Lubo is a DEFINITE upgrade.

I have no problem with any of the other moves at all, trimming some payroll and dumping extra bodies.

Very well done Bob

Varius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Dirk316

B-

Upgrade on Whitney, did not add a crease clearing tough Dman

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:34 PM
2faded

So im guessing Oystrick is going to the AHL? Idk anything about him. Could he crack the lineup this season or fill in tonight?

I would have liked to see Blake go but i guess nobody wanted him. I have a feeling that's gonna screw us over in the future. Hopefully not. I really dont want to see him in the lineup next season.

2faded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
So im guessing Oystrick is going to the AHL? Idk anything about him. Could he crack the lineup this season or fill in tonight?

I would have liked to see Blake go but i guess nobody wanted him. I have a feeling that's gonna screw us over in the future. Hopefully not. I really dont want to see him in the lineup next season.
i dont want to see him in the lineup this season as well, still cant understand why Murray just didnt take Finger instead

Old
03-03-2010, 04:06 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Overall: C+

Team is still mediocre at best.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:10 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

How can you not be happy?

Sent packing:

Whitney
Boynton
Artyukhin

And we keep all of our valuable assets.

Well done Murph!

paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:12 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
How can you not be happy?

Sent packing:

Whitney
Boynton
Artyukhin

And we keep all of our valuable assets.

Well done Murph!
I'm not happy because the defense still sucks. If you're gonna be a buyer fine, but don't buy garbage like Ward.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Takao
kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
I'm not happy because the defense still sucks. If you're gonna be a buyer fine, but don't buy garbage like Ward.
Doubt you have even watched a full game recently of Carolina

Takao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:14 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
This.

paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:21 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
I see Ward as Hedican 2.0. I don't think he'll be that bad, just a veteran presence in the 5-6 spot. The Visnovsky trade though is really good. As long as Ward doesn't get top 4 ice time, I'll be ok with it.

Overall I'm happy with the deadline. We moved a lot of money for cap space and moved some players who were most likely not going to come back for something. The backup situation I'm not crazy about, neither goalie really stands out to me, (although I would prefer MacDonald)

That Visnovsky trade though, that was a great deal.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
PhoenyX

If Nieds plays like he did during the gold medal game and Wiz steps up his play then we should be much improved on defense now that Whitney is gone and Lubo is stepping in.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Paul4587

The Visnovsky move was awesome, the others not so much. I hate the fact McElhinney is our backup, hopefully Hiller doesn't fatigue too much from playing so many games. Ward is pretty brutal at this point, hopefully he's not playing in our top 4.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Jimgrayson

My quick thoughts, stealing c4rcy's layout

Kampfer for 4th - Something for nothing - Kampfer may turn into an NHL'er but it doesn't look like that would happen for the ducks

4th + Pogge for Ward - Haven't seen enough of Ward to really gauge this one. Pogge is 8th in the AHL in SV% behind a middling San Antonio team

MacDonald for a 7th - Not overly sure what the motivation for this was. He's 39th in SV% in the AHL behind a horrible Marlies team. UFA at the end of the season. He has put up respectable numbers (.918, .918, .901) the last three years so maybe he's suffering from the Toronto effect

Boynton for FC - Saves us about $300,000. Meh

Artyukhin for Oystrik + cond 6th - Defenseman we can have a look at in training camp. One way contract paying $550k, cap hit $563.5k. Saves us about $100k this year and we get another lottery ticket

Toskala for McHilenney - Saves around $700,000 this year, costs $570k next year. Anyone else think that this (and clearing space for the last move) might be the only reason this trade was made? I've no idea why Calgary makes this move

Whintey and a 6th for Visnovsky - Move of the day. I've seen nearly as much of the Oilers as the Ducks this year and this guy can play. Missed 47 games since the lockout, about 10 a year. In that span he's scored 229 points in 338 games (56 points per 82 games)

Like last year we appear to have improved without moving any major assets so we'll see how it looks. Nice to finally clear some of the excess bodies at forward and get a return, even if they are minimal returns

By my quick reckoning from wiki we have these picks in this years draft

Our 1st (10-20)
Philly first (14-20)
Our 2nd (40-50)
Our 3rd
Our 4th
Our 5th
Our 6th

We also have the following conditional picks

Philly 3rd (75-80) if Philly win the cup
Boston's 4th in '10 or '11 (This is conditional on another conditional deal but it appears that if Boston stay above Carolina we get the '10 pick)
Dallas 6th - unknown condition

Any corrections to this draft pick list would be appreciated, I haven't got the concentration to do it properly at the minute

Jimgrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
This.
Quote:

Why dont you 2 just get a room? Or maybe a mod should check IP's if this is the same user or not

Old
03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
yeah i have, hes been great! A+ player

Old
03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
GreatBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgrayson View Post
My quick thoughts, stealing c4rcy's layout

By my quick reckoning from wiki we have these picks in this years draft

Our 1st (10-20)
Philly first (14-20)
Our 2nd (40-50)
Our 3rd
Our 4th
Our 5th
Our 6th

We also have the following conditional picks

Philly 3rd (75-80) if Philly win the cup
Boston's 4th in '10 or '11 (This is conditional on another conditional deal but it appears that if Boston stay above Carolina we get the '10 pick)
Dallas 6th - unknown condition

Any corrections to this draft pick list would be appreciated, I haven't got the concentration to do it properly at the minute
Our 3rd went with Drew Miller to Tampa Bay in the R2 trade. Our 6th went to Edmonton along with Whitney. Boston's 4th in '10 or '11 went with Pogge in the Ward deal.

GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:27 PM
caliamad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
B-

Upgrade on Whitney, did not add a crease clearing tough Dman
this. I'm glad we traded Whitney for Lubo, and Ward seems like an upgrade over Festerling, however I think Boynton is better than Ward and we needed an elite shutdown guy and didn't get him.

I don't understand why we didn't go after Seidenberg or Morris. Granted they are not shutdown guys, but they were available for what I consider cheap.

Murray seems very unwillingly to give up any draft picks lower than a 4th.

Our best physical defender (Wiz) is going to ask for a huge raise in the offseason and likely get traded or released.

Having said that, I think we did a lot better than we expected. I think Murray understands the pulse of the team extremely well.

I would have rather seen Parros gone, but getting rid of Nokia and that cap hit for next season was a very smart move when we have Marchant, Carter, and ChipChura.

Oh I'm suprised we didn't go after Jurcina either. He seemed to pretty physical in the Olympics.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Calgary made the Toskala trade simply because toskala is better. Anaheim made that trade as a need for cap space for Lubo.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Mwd711

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
I don't understand why we didn't go after Seidenberg or Morris. Granted they are not shutdown guys, but they were available for what I consider cheap.

Murray seems very unwillingly to give up any draft picks lower than a 4th.

Our best physical defender (Wiz) is going to ask for a huge raise in the offseason and likely get traded or released.

Having said that, I think we did a lot better than we expected. I think Murray understands the pulse of the team extremely well.

I would have rather seen Parros gone, but getting rid of Nokia and that cap hit for next season was a very smart move when we have Marchant, Carter, and ChipChura.

Oh I'm suprised we didn't go after Jurcina either. He seemed to pretty physical in the Olympics.
Jurcina has a hernia. He might not even play again this season. We already discussed why Morris wasn't coming to Anaheim - his no-movement clause. Seidenberg is another story. Lots of bidders for him so it would've been a high price. Florida got some good assets in return. I don't think they just wanted draft picks. I'm guessing Murray figured it was too much to give up someone like Beleskey.

Overall, Murray did a great job. I'm pretty happy with how he has re-built the team, battling salary cap and contract issues. I would've liked someone over Ward, but I do like Ward's character. He's a great guy in the room. I think he will play better than most people think. He was stuck on an awful team which didn't help his numbers. From watching him play, he has played better the last several months.

Mwd711 is offline   Reply With Quote