HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Glove fitting...

Old
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
ipushmycar

vCash: 500
Glove fitting...

Hey guys, relatively new to hockey. I just got a pair of Warrior Hitman gloves for $50.00. I have VERY small hands and I'm only 5'9"... so I got the 13" thinking the 14" would be too big.

The 13"s are pretty tight on me. They literally fit like a glove; my fingers just touch the tips of the glove- the palm area is very tight as well. It's not hard to take on or off. The gloves themselves are very stiff. It's not uncomfortable... just very very snug.

So the question is... how do you like your gloves to fit? Tight? A little loose? I'm 50/50 on this size... will wear and tear loosen up the gloves? Will they get roomier or tighter as they age? Any help would be awesome.

ipushmycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:17 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipushmycar View Post
Hey guys, relatively new to hockey. I just got a pair of Warrior Hitman gloves for $50.00. I have VERY small hands and I'm only 5'9"... so I got the 13" thinking the 14" would be too big.

The 13"s are pretty tight on me. They literally fit like a glove; my fingers just touch the tips of the glove- the palm area is very tight as well. It's not hard to take on or off. The gloves themselves are very stiff. It's not uncomfortable... just very very snug.

So the question is... how do you like your gloves to fit? Tight? A little loose? I'm 50/50 on this size... will wear and tear loosen up the gloves? Will they get roomier or tighter as they age? Any help would be awesome.
My old pair of 2007 Easton S5's were in 14" and quite loose, which i didint really like. My new pair of S17's fit more anatomically and are in 13", which i love. The only problem i have with th eS17's are the synth leather palms.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I went with One75's because they were the tightest fitting 13" glove I could find. Just about any glove will break in and loosen up. Unlike skates, some guys like a really loose glove, others like them super tight, there's no set rules.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 04:48 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipushmycar View Post

Your fingers should touch the ends of the fingers. I like mine to fit tighter, but gloves do tend to loosen up and break in. Some gloves won't change much, but they won't ever tighten up.

It sounds like you got the right size, and the tightness of the fit is a matter of preference. Different models will be cut differently, some are tighter, some looser, some roomy in the fingers and tighter in the palm, there's a variety. Learn what you like and try gloves on next time you're in the market for a pair.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote