HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brayden Schenn

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
  #1
EternallyLeafs
doris
 
EternallyLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Burlington
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Brayden Schenn

Ok so I know the deadline is done, but will we ever be able to bring Luke's brother to Toronto?

What would it take to get him here?

Could we get him in some sort of Kaberle deal at the draft?

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:10 PM
  #2
HockeyAustralia
 
HockeyAustralia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs93 View Post
Ok so I know the deadline is done, but will we ever be able to bring Luke's brother to Toronto?

What would it take to get him here?

Could we get him in some sort of Kaberle deal at the draft?
Bryaden Schenn will be a Leaf. When hes 26.

HockeyAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:14 PM
  #3
TheHillsHaveThighs
Registered User
 
TheHillsHaveThighs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarington
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAustralia View Post
Bryaden Schenn will be a Leaf. When hes 26.
Is he even signed with LA

TheHillsHaveThighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
  #4
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,033
vCash: 500

This wont happen.
One thing we can learn from L.A from the Kovalchuk/Whitney potential deals, they aren't willing to sell their future for a quick fix.

If Brayden becomes a Leaf, it will be via free agency in however many years.

sparxx87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:18 PM
  #5
TheHillsHaveThighs
Registered User
 
TheHillsHaveThighs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarington
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post

This wont happen.
One thing we can learn from L.A from the Kovalchuk/Whitney potential deals, they aren't willing to sell their future for a quick fix.

If Brayden becomes a Leaf, it will be via free agency in however many years.
Might be in a couple years if he doesnt sign

TheHillsHaveThighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:22 PM
  #6
Jordan
Registered User
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaKadri View Post
Might be in a couple years if he doesnt sign
He will.

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:22 PM
  #7
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaKadri View Post
Might be in a couple years if he doesnt sign
Hes not UFA until 25.
Burke wont offer sheet, if L.A wont pay him what he wants in 3 years after his ELC expires, then we could possibly acquire him in a Kessel type deal, but it would cost A LOT!
Kings mgmt is very high on this player, so I doubt they even let him go unless he asks for an unreasonable amount.

sparxx87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:26 PM
  #8
TheHillsHaveThighs
Registered User
 
TheHillsHaveThighs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarington
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Hes not UFA until 25.
Burke wont offer sheet, if L.A wont pay him what he wants in 3 years after his ELC expires, then we could possibly acquire him in a Kessel type deal, but it would cost A LOT!
Kings mgmt is very high on this player, so I doubt they even let him go unless he asks for an unreasonable amount.
Not disagreeing but how is it when he's 25?

TheHillsHaveThighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:27 PM
  #9
APV
Registered User
 
APV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
not to rain on the schenn parade but i really found him to be among the worst forwards in the last WJC tournament. He seemed to be a step behind everyone.

APV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:29 PM
  #10
shakermaker
Registered User
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaKadri View Post
Not disagreeing but how is it when he's 25?
http://www.nhl.com/cba/2005-CBA.pdf

Its somewhere in there

shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:32 PM
  #11
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaccaad185 View Post
not to rain on the schenn parade but i really found him to be among the worst forwards in the last WJC tournament. He seemed to be a step behind everyone.
You can't put a lot of stock into a short tournament but yes he was god awful.

Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
  #12
Jordan
Registered User
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymack1986 View Post
You can't put a lot of stock into a short tournament but yes he was god awful.
I would stop short of saying that the reason he's at the top of so many wish lists is his name appeal. But it wouldn't take a lot to convince me of it.

If it wasn't for that, I don't think many would be so eager to get him. Frankly, I'm not sold on him.

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
  #13
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
Can we also sign Luke's father, mother, and his dog?

People need to let this brother obsession go.

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
  #14
phillipmike
Registered User
 
phillipmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 991
vCash: 500
I wouldnt be surprised if Luke ends up in LA. Of course Brayden is his brother, but also Luke's best friend Drew Doughty plays for LA as well. Luke will be an RFA in the 2011 off-season. The Schenn Connection may play in one team's favour.

phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:40 PM
  #15
Leafidelity
___________
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,083
vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
What a strange obsession, but it sure seems to have a life of its own.
I put him in the group of players that for some reason people seem to think are destined to be Leafs. No facts or anything, they just know - like Rick Nash and Jordan Staal.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
  #16
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I would stop short of saying that the reason he's at the top of so many wish lists is his name appeal. But it wouldn't take a lot to convince me of it.

If it wasn't for that, I don't think many would be so eager to get him. Frankly, I'm not sold on him.
He's a great prospect who plays a game we would like here in TO, but realistically he's not much different than a Colin Wilson. The only difference is since he isn't Luke's brother we aren't pining for him.

Still though, if you have a chance to acquire him, brother or not, Brayden is still a decent prospect and would be a warrior.

Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
  #17
Leafidelity
___________
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,083
vCash: 1775
My prediction for next unwarrented infatuation; Dane Phaneuf

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:47 PM
  #18
Jordan
Registered User
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymack1986 View Post
He's a great prospect who plays a game we would like here in TO, but realistically he's not much different than a Colin Wilson. The only difference is since he isn't Luke's brother we aren't pining for him.

Still though, if you have a chance to acquire him, brother or not, Brayden is still a decent prospect and would be a warrior.
We don't have a chance to acquire and probably won't for at least six or seven years. It's not worth talking about right now.

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:47 PM
  #19
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,451
vCash: 500
Luke Schenn
for
Moller, Loktionov, and Mikus

That should take care of getting the brothers together.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM
  #20
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Monthly Brayden Schenn thread. Check.
But in all seriousness. It would cost a boatload, so no dice. For now.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
  #21
Defense
Registered User
 
Defense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
Can we also sign Luke's father, mother, and his dog?

People need to let this brother obsession go.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Luke Schenn
for
Moller, Loktionov, and Mikus

That should take care of getting the brothers together.
This is the only way they get united, but that is "a lot of quantity for quality."

Defense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
  #22
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence View Post
This is the only way they get united, but that is "a lot of quantity for quality."
Schenn isn't good enough to get their best players, unless you want a defender like J.Johnson coming back?

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 10:58 PM
  #23
Ratboy
Leafs DGAF.
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,368
vCash: 500
Let It Go.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 11:12 PM
  #24
APV
Registered User
 
APV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I would stop short of saying that the reason he's at the top of so many wish lists is his name appeal. But it wouldn't take a lot to convince me of it.

If it wasn't for that, I don't think many would be so eager to get him. Frankly, I'm not sold on him.
exactly.


if the he wasn't lukes brother im sure he wouldnt even be mentioned in these threads.

APV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 05:41 AM
  #25
jaateloauto
Nothing is overrated
 
jaateloauto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Hes not UFA until 25.
Burke wont offer sheet, if L.A wont pay him what he wants in 3 years after his ELC expires, then we could possibly acquire him in a Kessel type deal, but it would cost A LOT!
Kings mgmt is very high on this player, so I doubt they even let him go unless he asks for an unreasonable amount.
Player who either has seven (7) Accrued Seasons or is 27 years of age or older as of June 30 of the end of the 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 League Year, shall, if his most recent SPC has expired, with such expiry occurring either as of June 30 of the applicable League Year or June 30 of any prior League Year, become an Unrestricted Free Agent.

So you're set on that he will accrue a season with the Kings next year?

jaateloauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.