HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Hemsky

Old
03-04-2010, 09:00 PM
mytor4*

vCash: 500
Hemsky

Was wondering if anyone has heard any news on Hemsky.
Hows he doing,wWill he be ready for the start of next season,Any chance we see him before the end of this season.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

Good question, I'm also wondering if there been any updates on Hemmers status.

TheBusDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 09:40 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
Good question, I'm also wondering if there been any updates on Hemmers status.
go to oilers nation and read 10 good minutes with hemmer

robin bromley

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 09:44 PM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
go to oilers nation and read 10 good minutes with hemmer

robin bromley
A link for those who dont want to search around for it

http://oilersnation.com/2010/2/25/te...he-oilers-like

TheBusDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Valens

I really hope we keep him and sign him to an extension eventually. He has 2 years left and we will suck for the next 2 years. Hopefully Hall/Seguin, Eberle and MPS will show hints that they will be great by the time Hemsky is a UFA and he will resign to be a part of it. I'm kind of skeptical that Hemsky will be an Oiler into his 30s.

Valens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 10:22 PM
VayaConDios

We need to get Jagr here for cheap, Hemsky will finally have someone to play with and he could be a great role model for guys like Eberle/Hall/Svensson to look up to and learn from. Our team needs new leadership and a guy like Jagr would do wonders for this team as he could bring the kids along until they are ready to take over and then he could retire after 1 or 2 years. This Cervenka guy sounds like a player too and is another prospect we could add to the fold.

VayaConDios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 10:45 PM
TaylorHall
First overall

Hemsky sounds like he's trying to sell Cervenka to the Oilers. Sure hope management's listening. A Czech line of Cervenka, Hemsky, and Jagr?!

TaylorHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by msi View Post
Was wondering if anyone has heard any news on Hemsky.
Hows he doing,wWill he be ready for the start of next season,Any chance we see him before the end of this season.

Only if it's in an interview or luncheon.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
tiger_80

I think Hemsky will not be with the Oilers in 2 years. Likely will not want to stay in EDM once he's UFA. His current contract is good, he's still young and a PPG player when healthy. If the Oilers can get a blue-chip prospect+ some draft picks in the off-season, they should take a good long look at the offers.

The best case scenario from the Oiler's POV, would be a deal around Hemsky and J.Staal.

Staal, Gagner, Horcoff, Pouliot down the middle with Penner, MPS, Hall, and Eberle on the wings is the forward group I could live with going forward.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
He did mention this

Quote:
and hopes to resume skating this spring, it's a long, slow process.
I doubt he comes back by that time but.. he'll at least begin to get back into game shape by that time which leaves the remainder of the summer to toughen up.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Jmask83

I don't know if Hemsky would want to move. I've noticed a trend with European franchise players like Sedins, Koivu, Alfredsson, Sundin and that is they like to stay in the same spot as long as possible. Maybe Hemsky is the same.

Jmask83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:24 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmask83 View Post
I don't know if Hemsky would want to move. I've noticed a trend with European franchise players like Sedins, Koivu, Alfredsson, Sundin and that is they like to stay in the same spot as long as possible. Maybe Hemsky is the same.
You also have Hossa, Gaborik, Havlat, Pitkanen...

Hemsky has already shown signs of displeasure with coaching staff and the organization. Put yourself in his shoes when h hits free agency in two years. He likely will be one of the best UFAs available. A few team will easily pay him 5M+ on a long term deal. Why would he want to stay in Edmonton and play for the re-building Oilers, if he can make top dollar playing on a good team in a more desirable location?

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post

Hemsky has already shown signs of displeasure with coaching staff and the organization. Put yourself in his shoes when h hits free agency in two years. He likely will be one of the best UFAs available. A few team will easily pay him 5M+ on a long term deal. Why would he want to stay in Edmonton and play for the re-building Oilers, if he can make top dollar playing on a good team in a more desirable location?
Shoot my bad I should of mentioned in Canadian cities. Also the Oilers would give him that much money for sure. I don't think the he's shown displeasure with the Organization or this coaching staff. Maybe last year he was upset with MaCT but not this year. This organization has tried plenty of times to get him someone to play with. The only reason they are going after Jagr is so Hemmer will have someone he would enjoy playing with.I think he sees that.

Old
03-05-2010, 12:36 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post

He showed frustration with MacT, not Quinn and i don't think he's ever shown displeasure with the organization as far as i know.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Jmask83

Another thing is that last year when he did show displeasure I think it was for the right reason. He wanted to be the number 1 guy in all offensive situations and wanted to be relied on more. That to me doesn't sound like a guy who wants to leave but a guy who wants to lead the team. That's why I think Hemmer would be a good captain although a lot of people disagree.