HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Post Game Discussion: Pittsburgh 5, Rangers 4 (OT)

Old
03-05-2010, 11:43 AM
EEDAWGZ

vCash: 500
Right ,happy to see our boy working on his glove hand

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:44 AM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
The only way this **** is going to end is when someone takes him out.

The only problem is that whoever takes him out will most likely be banned from the game for life.

It's like with Gretzky. I've heard it many times before...the reason TGO was able to park his butt behind the net as much as he did was because no one wanted to hit him hard and be the guy that ended Wayne Gretzky's career...

The only difference here is...I'm sure there are a few guys who would love to put Sid on the shelf...but they know if they do they will be playing in the Central League next year...
Bingo. The fact that the refs are his own private army doesn't help either. He hides behind them every single time someone comes to take issue with his *****ing. I would LOVE to see a ref skate away and say, "man up" to him just once!

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:44 AM
chip chipperson*

look im done talking about it guys. i take back what i said before about how the loss is on henrik, i was just pissed at the time i admit it was stupid. and yes henrik did keep us in the game, but im not changing my mind on the rupp goal. it was a softie and should have been saved i dont care what any one says it was a deflating goal that started their comeback.

and before anyone else writes how i think henrik is a problem and think im speaking negativly about henrik, all im saying about him is that he should have made the rupp save. thats it. i think he would be the 1st person to say that too.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:45 AM
EEDAWGZ

your picture says it all

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
your picture says it all
Slashes Dubi on the wrist while the ref is holding him what a dick...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:51 AM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
I would just love to see Crosby stand up for himself in a fight and not have the entire team or the refs come to his aid. For once I would just love to see Crosby and someone his own size talk crap, push, drop gloves and fight. With no interference or anything from anyone else. You know..a regular hockey fight. Not him jumping a guy off a faceoff, not him slashing a guy and then running away and not him punching our goalie in the head and then hiding behind the refs went Dubi goes *******...

and frankly...I'd love for it to be Dubi or Cally that beat the living **** out of him...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:52 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
so by that logic if the goal in ot was a shot from center ice that went through henriks legs you would not look at the goals allowed and still think it was a great performance by hank and no body is allowed to be upset with him for letting in a softie.

when did i ever say hank is a big problem for the rangers? i said the rupp goal should have been saved.

granted, but a shot from center ice in ot is a little different than a shot from the high slot on a 2-1. the 3rd odd man rush in less than a minute by the way. because you deem the goal soft doesnt excuse the fact that the game didnt hinge on that goal, at all.

you can be upset all you want but if you're angry over hank letting in that goal, its going to be a longggg ride for you...just sayin.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:55 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
look im done talking about it guys. i take back what i said before about how the loss is on henrik, i was just pissed at the time i admit it was stupid. and yes henrik did keep us in the game, but im not changing my mind on the rupp goal. it was a softie and should have been saved i dont care what any one says it was a deflating goal that started their comeback.

and before anyone else writes how i think henrik is a problem and think im speaking negativly about henrik, all im saying about him is that he should have made the rupp save. thats it. i think he would be the 1st person to say that too.
done lol!

youre probobly right abotu hank saying he shouldve made the save then again he thinks he should make em all and thats exactly why he is who he is. hopefully some of his attitude will eventually rub off on some of the players in front of him.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
I don't even care if we have no shot in the playoffs. I want to see a Rangers vs. Penguins first round matchup just to take as many pieces out of Crosby/Malkin and Co as possible. I really can't stand that team. I think they've overtaken the Flyers on my list of hated teams.

Rangers_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The shot total isnt the rule. It's the exception. The Rangers got destroyed by the Leafs 9-2 and had like 13 or 14 shots on goal in 2006-07. It happens. You move on.

The Rangers have been very good lately at playing defense and scoring key goals.
They had a 4-2 lead late in the 2nd and Staal had a brain fart that changed the entire game.

It happens.

Plus, we are nowhere nearly as talented as the Pens. They did everything right and we were playing terrible, yet we were within minutes of a regulation win.

My issue is with Torts. He fell asleep last night. Too much wacky tobacky from Whistler, IMO

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:32 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Here's something I don't get - if the Rangers have 29 wins and 66 points and Atlanta has 28 wins and 66 points in two less games, why are they ahead of us in the standings? Points per game?

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:35 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Here's something I don't get - if the Rangers have 29 wins and 66 points and Atlanta has 28 wins and 66 points in two less games, why are they ahead of us in the standings? Points per game?
ATL has two games in hand over NYR, which I believe is the first tiebreaker when two teams have the same amount of points.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Games Remaining is the separator at this point. If GR is equal between two teams, then it's Wins.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Man go to NHL talk about Crosby vs Lundqvist it's a war right now over there. I'd like to know where all these supposed die hard Pens fans were 10 years ago when the only thing in the arena were the roaches, and they boo Jagr, ha.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:32 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Man go to NHL talk about Crosby vs Lundqvist it's a war right now over there. I'd like to know where all these supposed die hard Pens fans were 10 years ago when the only thing in the arena were the roaches, and they boo Jagr, ha.
Of course, it degenerated into a Crosby vs Ovie argument. Really annoying.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
FOXHOUND*

can someone post that Avery making fun of talbot gif again?

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
can someone post that Avery making fun of talbot gif again?
Your wish is my command

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Your wish is my command
Thanks brov

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Garv23

Now can someone post Avery's weak, blocked attempt at getting a puck deep which led directly to a Penguin goal?

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:58 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

If I'm Dubinsky, after Crosby cross checks Lundqvist I'm coming in and rocking him right in the face. Before he can hide be hide behind the refs. He acts real tough behind the refs and behind his teammates, I'd love to see him actually have to stick up for himself (with no protection).

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Now can someone post Avery's weak, blocked attempt at getting a puck deep which led directly to a Penguin goal?
C'mon Avery is playing fine. He has been involved and is setting up some goals.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
If I'm Dubinsky, after Crosby cross checks Lundqvist I'm coming in and rocking him right in the face. Before he can hide be hide behind the refs. He acts real tough behind the refs and behind his teammates, I'd love to see him actually have to stick up for himself (with no protection).
Why would he do that? If you were the GM of the Pens would you want to see Sid fight? Hell no and it won't happen. Even if he wanted to I doubt his teammates or coaches would let it happen. See Ovy this year.....he wanted to fight and his teammates said, nope we got you. Sorry it's not like that here on the Rangers.

Seriously Crosby bashers you just sounds like a jealous kid who wants his friends new toy.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 08:23 PM
tombanjo

Quote:
Of all the players in the league to get cute with! Jordan Staal is perhaps the hardest defender in the league to go around. Avery really needs to check himself out. He's been doing that cute crap way too often instead of just charging straight ahead. Same thing behind the net. He's not big enough nor strong enough to fight off larger Dmen behind the net yet he keeps trying and losing the puck. Just move the damn pill and get in front!

tombanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 08:23 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Sure, right after someone makes one of that nice pass to Anisimov that led to the first goal.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote