HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I think I posted too much.

Old
03-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
You can't sit Price after he had one of the best games this year. Price will play Saturday and Halak sunday,
One of HIS best games, yes. But if you had read the second paragraph in the post you replied to, you'd notice I already said as much.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
That was one time, and against Redden. He just stood there while the Sharks through gloves in his face. I'm not asking for much, but at least push back a few times.
Maybe he's scared it might aggravate the wrist problems he's had this season.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Mister Potato

10th in the conference and we played more games than the others

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
Shark fans better get ready for another disappointing playoff exit. You can't count on brutal refereeing to bail you out that often.
Let us not start this nonsense. The reffing was garbage for both teams. Chris Lee is a complete moron and no team is safe when he is calling penalties. Habs lost because they decided a quick nap in the third was better than putting in some extra effort. Not to mention Laps' gutless hit motivated San Jose.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No more games with Chris Lee as the official and we're fine. We should be able to make the playoffs.
That guy is insanely bad. It's a mystery to me how he's still officiating in the league.

Most of the referees in this league suck, but Chris Lee is just ... wow.

The Lapierre thing where he cross checked a guy in the back after a shot into the boards. Dangerous play that should have been a call. Then Moore gets his head bashed in the goal post with the ref right next to him no call. But Plekanec making a perfectly legit body check that is a call somehow.

I mean, isn't there someone out there monitoring the performance of those referees. It happens games after games with Chris Lee, it's not just a rare occurrence that happened to involve him, it's always always like that with him.

Not that refereeing was why we lost.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
I don't know how you can say bubble team for years to come when we have been ravaged by injuries, have a brand new team and still managed to stay in the hunt.

This team has played a grand total of 2 games as a healthy full lineup.
Well just by watching this system and team do you see us becoming a contender. Our Pre lock out style has been horrid this year. Our d is too slow. I like Hal Gill, I think a guy like Spacek is the problem. He is not comfortable in his position, in the offseason they said he was going to be our PP qb but he has absolutely sucked. 2 more years of him yay. We need to get younger and more mobile on defense.

Our Coach is making our small team play a grind it out game which is not working. You signed Gionta, cammalleri and traded for gomez to play D? Open it up.

We are in the hunt for a playoff spot only because our goalies have played outstanding.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Let us not start this nonsense. The reffing was garbage for both teams. Chris Lee is a complete moron and no team is safe when he is calling penalties. Habs lost because they decided a quick nap in the third was better than putting in some extra effort. Not to mention Laps' gutless hit motivated San Jose.
Agreed. The ref was horrible on both sides. The Laps hit could have been a 5 minute on some nights. We got away with a couple too.

The blame lies entirely on this team and coaching. I was patient with Martin but no longer.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:30 AM
scottyG

Anyways guys to be honest **** this year, I didn't think we would do anything anyways then on top of that we had injuries to almost all our key players. If we make the playoffs great, if not im not sweating it.

Next year with every1 heathly and a confident Price I think we will be a top team.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs83 View Post
So apparently you forgot Halak got pulled in a 6-4 loss last year
Did I say Halak is perfect... Even the best goaltenders are pulled... what is your point there ?

MontrealHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
You can't sit Price after he had one of the best games this year. Price will play Saturday and Halak sunday,
I think Price is better vs teams that crash the net and look for tips. IMO Price vs Ducks and Halak vs Kings.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
So.... how many games Halak faced 40 shots+... and still won them... Remember? Even last year against SJ... it was 40 shots+ I think ?

LOGIC, STATISTICS, FACTS.... stop being emotional... and use facts...
Price was ridiculously good tonight.

That said, Halak won all games in which he faced more than 47 shots. And there's like 7-8 of them btw. But that doesn't mean anything. Not sure how we can predict how many shots are going to happen before the game either.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Agreed. The ref was horrible on both sides. The Laps hit could have been a 5 minute on some nights. We got away with a couple too.

The blame lies entirely on this team and coaching. I was patient with Martin but no longer.
I agree... NHL Refs are atrocious.

Old
03-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Maybe he's scared it might aggravate the wrist problems he's had this season.
perhaps. But he can't just let people throw him around like a rag doll either. I don't think Pouliot played a very good game tonight like most. He looked good because Gomez and Gionta were good, but he wasn't getting involved in the play as much as I would like.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:32 AM
number 11

what you cant win a game sitting back in your zone for 15 mins straight and losing every faceoff?

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:33 AM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

That said, Halak won all games in which he faced more than 47 shots. And there's like 7-8 of them btw.
Yes, Price was good... but he wasn't miraculous.
The fact remains, he can't close games. It's a fact and it is indisputable.

Old
Stradale

Quote:
Did I say Halak is perfect... Even the best goaltenders are pulled... what is your point there ?
And he didn't accuse you of calling Halak perfect either.

The point is that you're basically saying that Price is the reason why we lost because apparently, he had a melt down in the third.

And you're saying that Halak would have won us this game by having better stats.

For me that's non-sense (I'm being polite here)

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Year 101

Quote:
Nothing against Halak, I like him he's a decent goalie, but the fact is against a sharks team and with halaks rebound control, the score would be quite different. Stop blindly defending halak and bashing price. It looks more and more like you just pick a player and stand by him and are single minded. Watch the games and analyze, then come and make a correct judgement.

Quote:
It is not indisputable because hes closed and stole games many times in his life and I can name many. The fact that this team did not score more than 2 goals on the top rated team and sat back and had a big meltdown in the third could not be the reason why we lost?.... Could it?..... Hmmm....

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
While I don't agree with Ferraro saying this--it's certainly not his job as an announcer--I do agree with this assessment. There are nights when Lapierre is effective. He works hard and is quite fast and can chip in with a goal now and then. But if there is any player I would have liked to have seen traded it's Lapierre.
PM and Ferraro are understandly irritated by Lapierre because he is never received any punishment for his gutless cowardance. Ferraro did admittedly say to change the subject because he had lost his temper. While they are suppose to remain unbias there are exceptions to the rule in my opinion. Frankly if it were not for Laps being one of the few players on this team with size I strongly imagine he would be a fourth liner or buried in the minors where he should be. He is a complete loser and more or less ineffective the majority of the season.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
scottyG

Quote:
I think Price is better vs teams that crash the net and look for tips. IMO Price vs Ducks and Halak vs Kings.
Trust me being a goalie myself I know when you're on a roll it's best to just keep playing. If they make Halak play saturday it will be just as big as the mistake they did at the start of the year when they made Halak play vs Calgary.

Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I agree. We saw Halak vs Philly. He's just not going to win too many games against teams that crash the net because of his rebound control. I still might be tempted to play Price against LA and take my chances with Halak against LA.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:34 AM
scottyG

Quote:
This guy's actually serious

Old
03-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Santino

Quote:
your right, price shuda been the one to be the second one in forechecking, then back check to his own zone, come to the crease, make a billiant save( along with the the many he made tonight) go back on the attack and score a goal.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

That said, Halak won all games in which he faced more than 47 shots. And there's like 7-8 of them btw. But that doesn't mean anything. Not sure how we can predict how many shots are going to happen before the game either.
Not a single person will deny that Halak has, by far, outplayed Price this season.

But, the point is, neither should HAVE TO stop 45+ shots on a consistent basis to give us a CHANCE to win.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
I agree... NHL Refs are atrocious.
This I agree with you.

I thought the games in the Olympics were very well reffed. Much much better than the NHL.. and miles away better than when Chris ****ing Lee is reffing.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
One man forecheck losing 3-2 with 5 minutes left. **** off Martin. Martin is the best coach at protecting losses there is. GTFO. That is all.
PS: If I remember right, we used to pull off last minute goals quite often, quite a few 2 and 3 years ago. How many last minute goals have we had this year? 0? **** you very much Martin. Big dumb arse.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote