HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I think I posted too much.

Old
03-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
sumtimes ya lol especially at 2 in the morning
His name is Analyzer.. He's smarter than that!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:59 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
This post is just filled with FAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
can i put this post on epicfail.com?
No, but you can put yours and Scottyg's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Do people really need the smilie to detect sarcasm?
Winner winner chicken diner!

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
No one would have closed that game. The habs are just a bad team that got dominated tonight and was only in the game because of Price's goaltending. You're off the mark here concerning Price.

And I've been calling out all the Price fanboys for months because it has been months since Price had not given up 1-2 softies in a game at a bad time. But tonight, you can't say "he can't close games" out of context. There shouldn't even have been the option of closing anything. This game could have been a blowout much earlier.
Smart post, and very balanced. Not Price's fault tonight, but he has shown a propensity to let in killer soft goals this year. Just not tonight. He'll get better and the killer goals will stop...

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfan View Post
unfortunately the dmen in front of him look like crapola
they played well, imo ... from gill to hammer they played well. this is where I get off the carey praise, when it has to be associated with silly excuses involving other players... we had a great game, we should have scored 2-3 more goals with the chances we had...

the goal we got scored SH was soft from a team perspective, everybody half assed that play... resulting in a shot... and carey was too deep in his net ... not his fault... there was a flick but he could have stopped it, he was playing so well...for sure he'd like to see this one again...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Yah I wanted to put #1 job in quotations, but I was afraid that people might have interpreted it as me bashing Halak.

I don't think anyone here actually hates Halak. I think people are just defending Price which somehow makes them Halak haters, it's so stupid.

The difference is, when Halak plays, I hope he wins because I want the team to win in general. When Price plays, people like Montrealhabs and Earl the Halak fan are desperately hoping Price loses so they can come here and prove their point.

Halak is a good goalie and I've never ever said otherwise. I get into the goalie debate to explain that Carey Price is not crap and shouldn't be treated the way he has been this year, but somehow that makes me a Halak hater for what ever reason.

There are a lot of petty people in this world. I bet you MontrealHabs also hates Crosby because everyone else likes him. People are jealous when other people are popular, it's sad but true.
This is my first post here, but the interesting thing about dealing with people that can't think for themselves, is that they almost always try to spread warnings about what they "know" other people are thinking.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No, but you can put yours and Scottyg's

Winner winner chicken diner!
i never understood how people are supposed to automatically detect sarcasm. You,dont hear the sarcastic tone in the voice obviously. To avoid confusion and posting space like we re doin right now, would it be so hard to but a sarcastic smiley after a sarcastic post such as the one you did? i dunno.. just a suggestion.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:04 AM
JrHockeyFan

Well just got back from the game in SJ

Not a bad arena to watch a game. Okay crowd. There were a couple of turkeys that were wound a bit too tightly though

They had 5 medals on display. 4 gold and 1 silver (pavelski)

Couple of poor lost souls. One wearing a wings jersey and one wearing a Leafs Kessel jersey(?).

Fair number of Habs fans in attendance

As for the game. Price deserves no criticism at all for this game. Constantly under assault all night. A goalie plays that well he should win. Drop the whole Price/Halak thing already. It was irrelevant in this game

We sure botched enough odd man rushes. Hated that SH goal by SJ. throwing it around the boards to the open wing like that and I actually said oh oh! Freeby shot from the point and deflection

Not a fan of the officiating tonite.

Hated losing that game. Any kind of puck control and it is in the bag.

Going down Hwy 1 to LA to see the Habs/Kings then the Duck Habs Sunday

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:06 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Thought Habs were the better team in the first two. Sharks had a lot of shots but no screens or tips. They were slow to the puck. And Price was awesome tonight.

Starting a couple games before the Olympics, the Sharks started playing with no physicality and no skating on the forecheck. The final difference tonight was Lappy. Until he shoved Nichol into the boards, there was no jump on the Sharks bench. After that, Sharks came alive, retained 0-zone possession consistently and eventually won the game.

I can understand Lappiere trying to get the team going if it was behind, but the Habs were ahead when he made that play. He had nothing to gain that I can see and ended up hurting his own team.

Thought Price was great, Gomez and Gionta were solid. Hall Gill seemed weak to me, and as many said the refs were horrible and let the game get away; missing blatant calls in the 3rd on both sides.

Good luck the rest of the way.

03-05-2010, 02:07 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Habs score at least 3 goals, they usually win.
Habs fail to score at least 3 goals, they usually lose.

We only have 4 wins when we score less than 3.
Hate to say it, but that means no clutch goaltending...both of them.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Thought Habs were the better team in the first two. Sharks had a lot of shots but no screens or tips. They were slow to the puck. And Price was awesome tonight.

Starting a couple games before the Olympics, the Sharks started playing with no physicality and no skating on the forecheck. The final difference tonight was Lappy. Until he shoved Nichol into the boards, there was no jump on the Sharks bench. After that, Sharks came alive, retained 0-zone possession consistently and eventually won the game.

I can understand Lappiere trying to get the team going if it was behind, but the Habs were ahead when he made that play. He had nothing to gain that I can see and ended up hurting his own team.

Thought Price was great, Gomez and Gionta were solid. Hall Gill seemed weak to me, and as many said the refs were horrible and let the game get away; missing blatant calls in the 3rd on both sides.

Thanks for the comments! Good luck in the playoffs! Hope it works out better for your team this year around.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Darth Joker

Quote:

That was a great post.

You're probably right about Lappiere. I hated what he did tonight as well. It looked like it did wake up your team a bit.

Good luck to the Sharks! You're definitely an entertaining team to watch, and you guys deserve more playoff success than what you've had so far.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Damn it had been a while i've seen the Habs being dominated this much in a match. Sharks are like an invincible offensive bulldozer coming at you all the time. They reminded me of Team Canada against the Russians, except that they faced a hot goalie. If the Habs ever want to be an elite team, they will have to get players of that size. Because as talented as you can be, when you reach the third period those little legs can't follow. It's that simple. You could see that Gomez and Gionta and Plek and the others were trying but after a while, they lost patience when they had to pierce a good defensive wall like this one. Compared to guys like Marleau, Heatley, Thornton, etc...even when the other teams are trying to stop them, you have these huge bodies coming at you and sooner than later they'll succeed at reaching the net. Habs should think about keeping Andrei K and Pouliot and then little by little getting rid of the others, grafting bigger bodies to complement these two. I'm not saying don't sign Plek. I'm just saying start getting rid of one guy, then another over the years so that say in 3 years we'll have a different structure on the first two lines.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:23 AM
Stradale

Quote:

Good post.

In all honesty, I don't think Lapierre tried to hurt Nichol. In slowmo, it seems very dirty but at full speed, he just want to push Nichol away from the goalie. It wasn't a hard push either. I don't think Lapierre thought Nichol would fell so hard on the boards like that. Ferraro made it look like the dirtiest hit ever..

Old
03-05-2010, 02:25 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
That was a great post.

You're probably right about Lappiere. I hated what he did tonight as well. It looked like it did wake up your team a bit.

Good luck to the Sharks! You're definitely an entertaining team to watch, and you guys deserve more playoff success than what you've had so far.
Sharks problem is always will; not skill. We got what we worked for in the playoffs - fail. Many teams try and not play physically when they play the Sharks. They are a big and fast team but they aren't normally physical. The team would rather make perimeter passes and get a pretty goal.

But when the Sharks are motivated and skill is equaled with will, they are very tough. Lappiere has played them enough that he knows better than taking that shot on Nichol. He cost the Habs the game tonight.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Sharks problem is always will; not skill. We got what we worked for in the playoffs - fail. Many teams try and not play physically when they play the Sharks. They are a big and fast team but they aren't normally physical. The team would rather make perimeter passes and get a pretty goal.

But when the Sharks are motivated and skill is equaled with will, they are very tough. Lappiere has played them enough that he knows better than taking that shot on Nichol. He cost the Habs the game tonight.
What game were you watching? Lapierre didn't cost anything. He was a non-factor. Habs never were in the game.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:31 AM
n0pan
waddup doe

Send a message via Skype™ to n0pan
Yeah... we're not very good.

n0pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:32 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Good post.

In all honesty, I don't think Lapierre tried to hurt Nichol. In slowmo, it seems very dirty but at full speed, he just want to push Nichol away from the goalie. It wasn't a hard push either. I don't think Lapierre thought Nichol would fell so hard on the boards like that. Ferraro made it look like the dirtiest hit ever..
Hard to know what is in a players head, but when he pushed Nichol, he was already at the blue line and defenseless. Nichol was skating by the goalie. That said, your POV seems to be shared by the on ice officials. It wasn't a hard hit at all. It was a shove with enough force to make sure Nichol couldn't stop. I suspect given Lappy's history, there is a good chance for suplimentary discipline. But the real issue isn't Nichol getting hurt or a call getting missed. The real question is why would Lappy make that play at all? There was no upside with the lead.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:54 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

we might be able to afford pleks after all :smarcasmz:

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
PM and Ferraro are understandly irritated by Lapierre because he is never received any punishment for his gutless cowardance. Ferraro did admittedly say to change the subject because he had lost his temper. While they are suppose to remain unbias there are exceptions to the rule in my opinion. Frankly if it were not for Laps being one of the few players on this team with size I strongly imagine he would be a fourth liner or buried in the minors where he should be. He is a complete loser and more or less ineffective the majority of the season.
Ferraro goes through PMS once in a while. I mean, when he was with Sportsnet during that epic game where Stefan bungled an empty netter, Ferraro overreacted as if someone had tomahawked a guy with his stick, saying something like "This kind of stuff doesn't belong in hockey! Patrick Stefan, you should be embarrassed for what you just did." Ouch, lay off Ray.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Hard to know what is in a players head, but when he pushed Nichol, he was already at the blue line and defenseless. Nichol was skating by the goalie. That said, your POV seems to be shared by the on ice officials. It wasn't a hard hit at all. It was a shove with enough force to make sure Nichol couldn't stop. I suspect given Lappy's history, there is a good chance for suplimentary discipline. But the real issue isn't Nichol getting hurt or a call getting missed. The real question is why would Lappy make that play at all? There was no upside with the lead.
Lappy, despite being hate by many players/people is not a dirty player. He's yapping a lots that's for sure but he's not a player that is trying to injure other player. That said, no doubt what he did was regrettable, a careless play by his part. The only reason why he did that i can think of is simply to push Nichol out of the play and Lappy was backchecking hard so maybe in the momentum, he gave Nichol an extra push just to make sure he will be out of the play. The problem is that Nichol was unbalanced and with the extra push by Lappy, he had no chance to protect himself and launched into the board. I don't think Lappy had the intention to push Nichol almost head first to the board, if Nichol was not unbalanced, he would just hit the board normally and the play continues. Like you said, Lappy had no reason to make such "dirty" hit.

A careless play by Lappy no doubt but I think he had no intent to injure Nichol.

Old
03-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 161
Good performance by Price. Too bad the PP could not put the game out of reach in the 3rd....

Another ****** game by Chris Lee. Will the NHL ever fire this guy? 10 years 4 playoffs games LOLOL

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:02 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

echange Prix

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:03 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

I hate on them a lot but Spatch and Hamrlik had two good games now. The Olympic rest did them good.

Plekanec was nearly god-awful, how many faceoff losses does it take to put someone else on?

As much as I seem like a Lapierre fanboy, I'm usually fair. In this case LAPIERRE IS NOT GUILTY. Watch the replay, it's a soft nudge and Nichol trips on the net. Non-issue, completely. Not to mention Nichol did the exact same thing to Gionta 10min prior but Gionta was rammed into the goalpost and nothing was called.

JM played defensively because the Sharks' breakout is lethal and other than the Gionta line, we have no offense.

**** the Chokes. It was a good road loss, as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, I have a new fandom philosophy: I will stop hating on the team and direct all my negative attention toward the opposing team. Refs, sometimes. The next 17 games are set in terms of roster moves, and JM is our coach for better or worse now. Deal with it, it's no use complaining of a line change or asking for a players head. Noting that a player didn't perform well is fine with me but that's it.

To a new fandom.

GO HABS GO!

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 04:17 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Price was fantastic. His glove hand is painfully reminiscent of another former Hab that burnt the Sharks many, many times. I am not talking about Jose Theodore.

I liked the energy Montreal brought to this game. Many of us were not expecting this type of physical game coming from an Eastern team, but the Habs really fore-checked hard and took the body well all night. In the end, I think it simply came down to talent, especially with your best forward out of the lineup. I was surprised by how solid Gomez was; with all the hate he gets on the main board I forget that he actually is a pretty good hockey player.

Good luck down the stretch; hopefully you guys make the playoffs. Montreal in the playoffs is always good for hockey.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Price was fantastic. His glove hand is painfully reminiscent of another former Hab that burnt the Sharks many, many times. I am not talking about Jose Theodore.

I liked the energy Montreal brought to this game. Many of us were not expecting this type of physical game coming from an Eastern team, but the Habs really fore-checked hard and took the body well all night. In the end, I think it simply came down to talent, especially with your best forward out of the lineup. I was surprised by how solid Gomez was; with all the hate he gets on the main board I forget that he actually is a pretty good hockey player.

Good luck down the stretch; hopefully you guys make the playoffs. Montreal in the playoffs is always good for hockey.
Well it's not likely but thanks for the well wishes. I mean, if we go 12-5 that might put us in but anything less, I doubt the Habs are in the post-season. We'll get Cammy, Bergeron back but even at full health this team hasn't got it and the infuriating thing is when we get a good start or play hard and score goals, our dumbass coach reins it in and we can't turn on the switch again. We can't fight back when down but let down our guard when we lead. Without our goalies, we're a lottery team for sure.

And yeah, a playoffs without the Habs doesn't feel right indeed. But we should all be used to it for it would be the 7th time in 15 seasons (Montreal had missed the playoffs only 5 times in their history just before 1995 but it's a harder go of it to get into the post-season in the expansion era. The 21 team era was easy to get in for. Under today's format, the 1984 Habs that came 2 wins away from the finals never even make it. Hence why some owners of mediocre sunbelt franchises have clamoured for a play-in round for seeds 7-10, a best-of-3 to advance to the top 8).

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote