HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I think I posted too much.

Old
03-05-2010, 05:37 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Well it's not likely but thanks for the well wishes. I mean, if we go 12-5 that might put us in but anything less, I doubt the Habs are in the post-season. We'll get Cammy, Bergeron back but even at full health this team hasn't got it and the infuriating thing is when we get a good start or play hard and score goals, our dumbass coach reins it in and we can't turn on the switch again. We can't fight back when down but let down our guard when we lead. Without our goalies, we're a lottery team for sure.

And yeah, a playoffs without the Habs doesn't feel right indeed. But we should all be used to it for it would be the 7th time in 15 seasons (Montreal had missed the playoffs only 5 times in their history just before 1995 but it's a harder go of it to get into the post-season in the expansion era. The 21 team era was easy to get in for. Under today's format, the 1984 Habs that came 2 wins away from the finals never even make it. Hence why some owners of mediocre sunbelt franchises have clamoured for a play-in round for seeds 7-10, a best-of-3 to advance to the top 8).

Oh how I rue the day

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 06:44 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
85 pucks directed at the net
85! that is pathetic
I hope both the Habs goalies revolt against the rest of the team
Granted... SJ is one of the best teams in the league... but still

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 06:46 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
Dear Colin Campbell and the NHL

Please suspend Yappierre for the remainder of his useless career.
Thank you.

Signed,
All Habs Fans

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Late night pillow fights are just not for the Habs...

Maybe except for Price

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Capitano

Price was incredible - feel bad for him about the result.

Put Spacek on the left side to see if that will help...please.

I predict San Jose gets bounced in the first round yet again.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:30 AM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post

Thank you.

Signed,
All Habs Fans
But if he's suspended who will fix his wagon

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Gomez 1G 1A
Gionta 1G 1A

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:34 AM
kernel

Quote:

Thank you.

Signed,
All Habs Fans

I like the guy but he REALLY needs to get his ass kicked! He's becoming an embarrassment!

kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 08:58 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Discuss.
The only thing to say is "Can the habs touch the puck more"
We got over sized in the corners. Plekanec doing the dirty work(wich I don't mind) and no one to back him up.
Poo is gonna have to fight with that bad hand(I like his agression but is teammate must know he should not have to fight) O'Byrne can't be that guy who fights everygame cause we needs him on the ice more and more. Moen is too content with a body check and skating fast to the bench. Lapierre is a terrible fighter.
Metro has nice dangle with the puck but get out match in the defensive part of the game. Moore is a good skater. Sergei lack strenght. Andrei is rusted again. Gionta is Gionta.
Spacek is playing better but not that much better. Hamrlik lacks stamina. Gomez has a burden and is not dominant. Gill is a great PK man and good 3rd pairing guy. Him and Gorges play great together.
Markov is not 100% and could be on a downer this year....needs to be more motivated.
Pyatt is a nice rookie but still has no image to his game meaning he complement well any line but still lacks finnish or something.
We have an experienced coach in JM that still is a suspect on some calls.
We have guys like Subban, Webber, White, Pacman, Maxwell and Trotter who are making the farm team win night after night.
We lost D'Agostini that played great for 10-20 games and was MIA after that. Laraque is now a warm body.
Our goalies are in a dog fight and hung dry by the team in front.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Our goaltenders see more rubber than the Michelin tire man. Sad effort in the third. I think we put Martin in the net and see how he likes being shelled night after night.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
What a shame we lost this one.

Price played like an all-star.

If Sergei puts his chance in the net on the pass from A. Kosti, and Moore covers his man on the last SJ goal. We probably would have won this one.

Overall. A great effort on the road against a very good team.
That was the turning point of the game. The Habs were on a 3 vs. 1 break. AKost, who has a rifle shot, should have used it instead of passing to his kid brother for a popgun shot. If Cammalleri had been there, the Habs wouldn't have lost this game, or at least they would have gotten a point out of it. SKost is a supplementary player and penalty killer, not someone who belongs on a top line.

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 03-05-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Teufelsdreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Stop it! You wouldn't have made this post if the Habs won. Some of you guys are so emotional it's
They spoke the truth. If the Habs had won it would have been in spite of SKost. The Habs need one more gunner to step in if one of their top goal scorers is injured. When SKost is in position to shoot he's no better than Stewart or Chipchura.

Teufelsdreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 09:51 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 1928
Price was awsome.

Laps is good, but he's annoying as hell when he yaps and checks from behind without ever dropping the gloves or being accountable for his actions.

The Kost brothers can't play with Pleks (well only Andrei can). Pleks becomes useless with them.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:

Thank you.

Signed,
All Habs Fans
As I said in that thread that sprung up from this post :

So much hate for an inconsequential 3rd/4th liner.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:09 AM
headliner

I think 90 pts. is a minimal target a team should aim for to get into the show....we're looking at 12-5-0, 11-4-2, etc.

Every loss is so costly now.

I can't believe that Connor McKenna on the Team 990 this morning is even questioning the fact that "perhaps" Halak would've won this game.

Our goaltending has been the ONLY thing keeping up from a Top 5 pick all year.

If Price and Halak had played to the level of the rest of the team...well, we'd be in Edmonton territory, IMO.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Last game proove once again that the Habs are a *** soft team! When guys like Heatley, Thornton and Marleau looked tough against your team, than you know you're in trouble and it was the case last night.

Nobody hits on this team. The fourth line was maybe good against Boston, but when it became physical, we haven't seen them. That line is useless. We need Grit and Toughness!

**** You Gauthier and Martin!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Turboflex*

Wish the Plek line would get it together, Plek & the bros are not on...Unfair to compare Sergei Kost with a 40 goal scorer, but Sergei cannot even hold Squid's jockstrap.

Price gave them a chance to win, and they had a chance to steal it, but Nabakov played pretty well too, Sergei & Benoit both flubbed very good chances..

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
I can't believe that Connor McKenna on the Team 990 this morning is even questioning the fact that "perhaps" Halak would've won this game.
McKenna doesn't know anything about hockey, he is just a fanboy who regurgitates talking points & edgy armchair opinions.

Old
03-05-2010, 10:37 AM
headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
McKenna doesn't know anything about hockey, he is just a fanboy who regurgitates talking points & edgy armchair opinions.
Didn't know that....thanks.

Makes sense....

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:17 AM
la25ecoupe

The bros are that bad together?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Well they definitely are not clicking. Passing & chemistry is all off on the line, and they look like they aren't concentrating either (out of position, blowing shots).

Old
03-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Not that bad.. more of a lack of finish and execution if you ask me. They got some chances yesterday but did not scored. I would not give up on them so soon.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:25 PM
tinyzombies

I think the ref was terrible also, but on the side of the Habs. Montreal got away with murder in that game (I was there). I don't know what it looked like on TV, but Montreal came out flat and played cheap all night long.

Pleks going for the knee, Lapierre shoving Nichols from behind into the boards. Ridiculous for a small team that doesn't fight to be doing stupid stuff like that. Made me zip my shirt up under my jacket. I was furious.

If not for Clowe taking those stupid penalties, we never should have been on the PP.

Price was awesome on the upside. On the downside: Hamrlik and Spacek should seriously consider retiring. Those guys are moving the puck like Hal Gill now. And Gomez has to stop shooting the puck, he's terrible. I think his critics are getting to him, he's not playing his game at all.

Sergei Kostitsyn had a bad night and was visibly upset with himself several times. His brother calmed him down once and he settled down a bit. Didn't shoot the puck with 4 secs left on a 2-on-1 and fanned on another odd man advantage.

Markov was down on himself too. He looks like he's lost a lot of confidence. Not sure if it's because of the Olympics or what. We need him to play better. Maybe he was the guy who stepped up to be captain, I dunno.

Sharks sat their big guys the first two periods and came out firing in the third. Montreal cannot sit back like that with a lead, our defense isn't good enough. Price and the post kept us in it last night. And we blocked a ton of shots.

Anyway, the place was packed with Habs fans. Red jerseys everywhere. Thousands. Lots of Team Canada jerseys too. The Canadian anthem was sung very loudly.

The Sharks, btw, looked terrible. They are rarely that bad, even when Thornton and Heatley are mailing it in.

It was a weird game to watch. Everyone looked rusty and the refs were awful.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 03-05-2010 at 04:20 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Hook

Not sure if it was posted, but vid of the hit: http://peteprose.com/2010/03/lapierr...hot-on-nichol/

Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
thetrueblack

Martin idiotic with his defense, defense, defense mantra. Like he thinks he still is coaching Fla (& look how that worked out). How you play so negative and still keep so compacted to the net you give the boards in your own end is beyond me. Small team built for speed and 2-MAN FORECHECK fer crissakes JM.

Thought Spacek was horrible, his positioning is always out of whack, and even worse is his utter inability to read plays. Their SH goal was all on him. Seen him live and on tv this year, astonishingly bad. Must switch sides at least. Markov looks very bla, losing the puck and battles for it. Need him at a higher level. O'B improving, though he and Gorges still give the puck away too often, O'B out of dumping it away too quick, Gorges hanging on to it too long. Gill surprisingly efficient.

The bros didn't work a couple of years ago when together, all sizzle no steak. Sergei has to shoot when open, not always try to find Andrei at all costs. Plex is resigning himself to play w/o the puck while with them. Our 2nd line must contribute for us to win. Gomez line great, Price fantastic. Moen getting something back now. Pyatt must convert to stay with us, otherwise why not a Ryan White. Lapierre a disgrace, again.

They won so many faceoffs, and even worse got the puck even when we won the draw several times. The whole team is always a step behind when the puck is dropped, static. No wonder they got their chances.

Next year Spacek out, Subban in; Martin out, Boucher in???

Last edited by thetrueblack: 03-05-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: xtra comment
thetrueblack is offline   Reply With Quote