HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov and our power play...

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2004, 05:08 PM

vCash: 500
Markov and our power play...

be on the 1st PP unit, I can't stand to see Brisebois and Souray out there anymore, Markov is the only defenseman who creates something on the point right now, as evidenced by Kovalev's goal last game, at least they should have Souray and Markov together, and Souray could just worry about blasting the puck and not handling it, Markov is the only d-man we have that dosen't panick and turnover the puck at the blueline...

And Kovalev should be given the puck everytime before entering the Tampa zone when the Habs are on the PP, he's the only one who will carry the puck in and do something with it instead of dumping it, the Tampa bay defense is much more mobile than Boston and they're getting to the puck before our forwards...

that's my rant!

Habs in 7...

Old
04-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
be on the 1st PP unit, I can't stand to see Brisebois and Souray out there anymore, Markov is the only defenseman who creates something on the point right now, as evidenced by Kovalev's goal last game, at least they should have Souray and Markov together, and Souray could just worry about blasting the puck and not handling it, Markov is the only d-man we have that dosen't panick and turnover the puck at the blueline...

And Kovalev should be given the puck everytime before entering the Tampa zone when the Habs are on the PP, he's the only one who will carry the puck in and do something with it instead of dumping it, the Tampa bay defense is much more mobile than Boston and they're getting to the puck before our forwards...

that's my rant!

Habs in 7...
Obviously we, the fans, are the only ones to realize that! I tried telepathia with Claude Julien, I tried really hard, but it only resulted in a fart. So I guess Claude will stick with Souray on the PP tonight...

Old
04-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL

that's my rant!

Habs in 7...
I prefer to have a right handed guy at the point on the left side...... and the only one that has his place there is Brisebois. Isn't he having two goals during the playoffs???

Old
04-29-2004, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
Obviously we, the fans, are the only ones to realize that! I tried telepathia with Claude Julien, I tried really hard, but it only resulted in a fart. So I guess Claude will stick with Souray on the PP tonight...
LOL! :lol

I don't mind Souray or Brisebois as much on the PP but not together, they're both fidgety players with the puck on the blueline and they cause alot of turnovers and kill the PP's momentum quite often, Markov is so cool with the puck, it should either be...

Markov-Souray
or
Markov-Brisebois

Old
04-29-2004, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
I prefer to have a right handed guy at the point on the left side...... and the only one that has his place there is Brisebois. Isn't he having two goals during the playoffs???
I agree that's why IMO the 1st PP unit d-men should be

Markov-Brisebois

and the 2nd unit should be...

Souray-Rivet

Old
04-29-2004, 05:21 PM
BLONG7

Markov should be given the opportunity to be back on the first PP... We all know SS has struggled both on the PP and in his own end. Markov does possess a calm cool hand at the point.

Old
04-29-2004, 05:23 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Markov should be given the opportunity to be back on the first PP... We all know SS has struggled both on the PP and in his own end. Markov does possess a calm cool hand at the point.
Geez... I just realized I hit 1000 posts...? I had no idea I was even close... Playoffs have made me kinda hyper! Big night for the Habs!!!

Old
04-29-2004, 05:24 PM
jcpenny

Leetch, Blake, Gonchar all stay the full 2 min of the powerplay , why not Markov?

Old
04-29-2004, 05:45 PM
EaGLE1

I would see a all-russian blue-line on PP. Markov-Kovalev. With Koivu, Zednik, Ribeiro or Ryder.

Old
04-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Rahan

Brisebois is okay, Souray shouldn't be there though.

Old
04-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Actually for quite a while now I've wanted to see those combos:

PP1
Ryder - Koivu - Zednik
Markov - Kovalev

PP2
Perreault - Ribeiro - Bulis
Souray - Brisebois

Obviously you play the 1st PP unit much more than the second one. That would be a much deadlier, but also riskier approach, because now you have a forward on the point that St. Louis can take advantage of and breakaway. On the other hand, we have so much trouble scoring 5 on 5 against Tampa that might as well make the best out of our PP opportunities. But in the end, I think Julien is too much of a defensive coach to go with such units. Shame really.

Old
04-29-2004, 05:48 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I would see a all-russian blue-line on PP. Markov-Kovalev. With Koivu, Zednik, Ribeiro or Ryder.
sounds VERY sexy

Old
04-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Alex Kovalev

I dont understand why they dont have Kovalev on the point. Hes probably the best puck rushing forward in the nhl. He always gets by one or two guys. Not only is he affective on the point, hes exciting to watch. I just hope the habs win a couple games at least. Nobody likes getting swept.

Old
04-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Kovalev
I dont understand why they dont have Kovalev on the point. Hes probably the best puck rushing forward in the nhl.
Hey I agree but Julien is too afraid he could turn the puck over. He doesn't trust him (and we all know the puck is never truned over with Souray and Brisebois at the point)

Old
04-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Mike8

One of Markov's best attributes is his ability to keep the puck in at the point. He'd be great on the first PP. I don't understand why the coaching staff seems to be forcing the issue with Souray and Brisebois there. Perhaps the mentality is that Souray needs to get rolling, and in order to get more confidence he needs to pot a few goals in. Just speculating. I can't think of any other reasons.

Souray isn't abysmal on the PP, though. He still has a hard shot and he does get it on net more frequently than he used to. This does generate rebounds, but I just think the team needs someone that's capable of keeping the puck in and generating offense. Souray can't do either.

Old
04-29-2004, 07:07 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Souray-Koivu

That is what as worked this season. Koivu on the point

Closed Thread