HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Carkner vs Orr (four part series)

Old
03-05-2010, 10:24 PM
MR50goalscorer
Grabo nets 50 !

vCash: 500
Carkner vs Orr (four part series)

Colton - 2 knockouts + 1 shellacking
Matt - 1 cheap knockout

november 17th 2009

december 14th 2009

february 6th 2010

march 6th 2010

not at end of shift, colton orr 7 sec shift vs matt carkner 13 seconds shift 5 second difference, carkner tried to take orr down 3 times

March 16th 2010

Last edited by MR50goalscorer: 03-16-2010 at 09:34 PM.
MR50goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Orr is gonna beat his punk ass.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

I was at the February game.. worst game to go to ever.. losing to the leafs 5-0 after 12 games.. and then Carkner losing the fight.. just the worst. ::

Midas0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:09 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Yeesh. Not very high hopes.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Flashspec

Thanks for reminding me! Just picked up Orr in my fantasy league (already have Carkner)

Flashspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 06:32 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Should be a highlight of the game tonight for sure

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 06:51 AM
KT7

Orr sure settled the score pretty well last fight. I'm not sure if Carkner goes at this again.

He did knock out Orr once, but those 2 losses he gave up were just as devastating if not worse.

I like Carkner as much as the next Sens fan but I think he may be a little out of his league with Mr Orr.

KT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:05 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

how does this settle the score?.
If Carkner wins, were back at square one. 2 wins a piece.
Both are beast and i hope they drop them. Neither are scared to stand in there with the chin up and throw bombs; props to both guys.

TALE OF THE TAPE

COLTON ORR
Ht- 6'3" Wt-222lbs
Recent dust-ups:
Vs Milan Lucic (Win)
Vs Cam Jannsen (Win)

Notable wins:
2X KO of Matt Carkner
KO of Todd Fedoruk

VS

MATT CARKNER
Ht-6'4" Wt-231
Recent Dust-ups:
Vs Colton Orr (Loss[KO Orr])
Vs Tanner Glass(Win)

Notable Wins
KO of Colton Orr
Vs Brashear

Last edited by dannyboy8920: 03-06-2010 at 04:18 PM.
dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:13 AM
stugotz

This is going to be great. The Leafs have been playing like jokes lately so this is the only thing to look forward to. Call me a homer but my money is on Orr, but who knows. Should be fun.

stugotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:32 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
Call me a homer but my money is on Orr.
I don't think anyone will call you a homer for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzed1 View Post
Orr sure settled the score pretty well last fight. I'm not sure if Carkner goes at this again.

He did knock out Orr once, but those 2 losses he gave up were just as devastating if not worse.

I like Carkner as much as the next Sens fan but I think he may be a little out of his league with Mr Orr.
I don't care if you're a fan of Manchester United, this post is jokes. I'm sure Carkner and Orr would both disagree with your statement that Carkner shouldn't bother. They're two top 10 heavyweights, who happen to play for two teams that don't like each other (well used to. It's not as big a deal now, but it's still a rivalry). Orr is a better fighter, no question there. But Carkner could lose the next 10 meetings between them and he'd still be game for a 13th.

And for what it's worth, After Orr's loss he left the game, had tow ear a visor and didn't fight for over a month. Carkner never even missed a shift in his. The third fight was the only true knockout though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post

MATT CARKNER
Ht-6'4" Wt-231
Recent Dust-ups:
Vs Colton Orr (Loss[KO Orr])
Vs Tanner Glass(Win)

Notable Wins
KO of Colton Orr
Vs Laperriere
Carkner effectively ending Brashear's New York Rangers career by knocking him down with a huge right that injured him is more notable than the Laperriere one, but other than that good job. Both guys are rested, Orr had a nice tune up when he tuned up Lucic.

Old
03-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba

Quote:
Carkner on whether he is looking to fight Orr tonight: "Am I looking for it? What do you think? I'll just let everyone guess out there." 11 minutes ago via web

Kekumba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:07 AM
SpezDispenser

People aren't taking Matt Carkner seriously enough, he bounces back from losses (they are infrequent to being with) very well. He's a big, strong dude, an excellent match-up for the very tough Orr tonight.

Should be fun.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:52 AM
SilverSeven

ian_mendes via twitter:

Quote:
Colton Orr declined all media requests today. He didn't want to talk about potentially fighting Carkner
These two have taken the spotlight for sure. Its all anyone is talking about.

Should be another great fight. Gonna meet Carkner tomorrow at the Sens season ticket holder appreciation event. Hope to be able to congratulate him on this.

Also wanna ask him if there is hate between them or respect. Or both.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:57 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
I've heard it's more respect, but you'd never know it from the way they play. Be sure to post how the exchange tomorrow goes, I'd love to hear about it.

Old
03-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Don't lead with your chin this time, Carkner!

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I don't think there ever has been a rivalry with the results like these two have had in thier first three fights.

Also for the record, there is only 1 knockout between these guys. The other two were solid TKO's.

I am a huge Colton Orr fan, but I am going with Carkner in this one. I don't believe he is going to fight Orr's fight in this one. I am guessing that he tried to lock Colton right out and use the reach to his advantage. Also, I am nearly certain he lets orr gewt the first one or two off and tries to counter when he's off balance. That's when Orr becomes vulnerable.

Prediction: Carkner wins round 4 via decision in a marathon bout.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 12:39 PM
stugotz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
There is very rarely hate between two fighters these days. Maybe there was more hate in the 70's with the cheap shots and dirty play. But most fighters respect each other especially when you have both won and lost to a fighter. No doubt in my mind Carkner would say they respect each other.

stugotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 12:45 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

I love the fights between these two heavyweights. I don't even care who wins (Although I would prefer Carkner won, being a Sens fan and all) but these guys are really fun to watch.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Epoch

It can go either way with these two.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I don't think there ever has been a rivalry with the results like these two have had in thier first three fights.

Also for the record, there is only 1 knockout between these guys. The other two were solid TKO's.

I am a huge Colton Orr fan, but I am going with Carkner in this one. I don't believe he is going to fight Orr's fight in this one. I am guessing that he tried to lock Colton right out and use the reach to his advantage. Also, I am nearly certain he lets orr gewt the first one or two off and tries to counter when he's off balance. That's when Orr becomes vulnerable.

I'm going to have to agree with this. As much as I want to see Orr knock out Carkner again, I see Carks being much more prepared for him this time. Who knows though.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

Lawl.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
I doubt an Orr/Carkner fight ever goes long. Neither of them plays defense, they just throw bombs right away.

Whoever wins, they'll do it quickly.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 04:14 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
I don't think anyone will call you a homer for that...

I don't care if you're a fan of Manchester United, this post is jokes. I'm sure Carkner and Orr would both disagree with your statement that Carkner shouldn't bother. They're two top 10 heavyweights, who happen to play for two teams that don't like each other (well used to. It's not as big a deal now, but it's still a rivalry). Orr is a better fighter, no question there. But Carkner could lose the next 10 meetings between them and he'd still be game for a 13th.

And for what it's worth, After Orr's loss he left the game, had tow ear a visor and didn't fight for over a month. Carkner never even missed a shift in his. The third fight was the only true knockout though.

Carkner effectively ending Brashear's New York Rangers career by knocking him down with a huge right that injured him is more notable than the Laperriere one, but other than that good job. Both guys are rested, Orr had a nice tune up when he tuned up Lucic.
There both beasts. to say Orr was beat,left for a bit, and wore a visor to heal (after the 2nd tussle); could go for Matty too. He hasnt fought anyone since Orr KOed him.
Not starting anything, just creating a level playing field.

All and all;dont look past anyone. Orr and Carkner both are chin up, let em fly fighters and more often than not can get tagged.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 04:53 PM
VL

Both of these guys put on a good show when they throw down so I'm looking forward to tonight. Not trying to start anything here but any word on whether or not Carkner is one of the Sens who may be questionable for tonight due to the flu? I'd hate to miss out on round 4 because one of the participants is sick.

VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL View Post
Both of these guys put on a good show when they throw down so I'm looking forward to tonight. Not trying to start anything here but any word on whether or not Carkner is one of the Sens who may be questionable for tonight due to the flu? I'd hate to miss out on round 4 because one of the participants is sick.
I haven't heard anything about him being sick, so I'd say he's good to go vs Orr.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote