HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Carkner vs Orr (four part series)

Old
03-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

vCash: 500
Carkner got owned, again. No need to deal with that pansy again Orr. Go get Neil please.

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 07:35 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 426 View Post
Why not? I guess a middleweight has never taken on a heavyweight in the history of the NHL. It happened for the first time the other night with Orr/Lucic (for those who consider Lucic a middleweight). Neil's a good scrapper, if he can throw down with guys like Brashear, why not Orr?
So Neil, one of the Sens few healthy players in a close game should fight a plug like Colton Orr that is a much better fighter and would most likely win for the simple reason that middleweights have fought heavyweights before.

I see your point, makes perfect sense now.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 07:36 PM
BIG

Orr's contract is a bit much but man he's a great fighter.

BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
So Neil, one of the Sens few healthy players in a close game should fight a plug like Colton Orr that is a much better fighter and would most likely win for the simple reason that middleweights have fought heavyweights before.

I see your point, makes perfect sense now.
Ah yes, because this was the first game in which Neil dodged Orr. The Senators must be in many close games and need his elite skills. They've been chirping eachother, hopefully they go. It'll be a good scrap.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Stoneberg
Bored

Orr has been having his way all over the ice, noone on the Sens can do anything about it.

Just baited Spezza, their best forward (tonight), in to taking a penalty. Not bad for a plug.

Stoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 07:48 PM
VL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
Orr's contract is a bit much but man he's a great fighter.
I don't mind his contract too much. A plug like Wallin makes $800,000 and Orr at $1 million is a lot more palatable than a guy like Finger at $3.5 million or Blake was at his absurd cap hit of $4.5 million (let alone a garbage goalie like Toskala making $4 million).

VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 07:58 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL View Post
I don't mind his contract too much. A plug like Wallin makes $800,000 and Orr at $1 million is a lot more palatable than a guy like Finger at $3.5 million or Blake was at his absurd cap hit of $4.5 million (let alone a garbage goalie like Toskala making $4 million).
If Colton Orr somehow did forget to fight and became essentially useless the Leafs will just trade him to Calgary anyways.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 07:58 PM
SpezDispenser

I can't believe Orr was skating around holding up three fingers. That's really weak Orr, come on man.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
haha what a joke Orr is.

Comes on fresh when Carkner is tired from a long shift, throwing punches over the ref.

Can't give a guy an edge when he can't man up. Carkner was gassed before the fight even started.

Oh well, Donovan beating up Schenn made it worthwhile.

You mad?

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
BIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL View Post
Actually on second thought looking around NHL Numbers his cap hit is pretty comparable to other good enforcers. Even Hordichuk makes only 250k less than him and he is flat out useless.

BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 08:17 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Looked like he fed Schenn a couple.

Nice of him to give Neil's knuckles a break, it's usually Neil's job to beat up Schenn.
A 30 year old professional goon fighting a 20 year old sophomore defenseman(and last year it was a 29 year old fighting a 19 year old ROOKIE), damn, he must be a tough mofo

Anyway, this scrap was pretty lame compared to the other 3. Orr still won though so whatever, although I will admit Carkner was pretty damn tired after his shift

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
The Management

Quote:
haha what a joke Orr is.

Comes on fresh when Carkner is tired from a long shift, throwing punches over the ref.

Can't give a guy an edge when he can't man up. Carkner was gassed before the fight even started.

Wow. What an incredibly sour, bitter post.

He just lost to the superior fighter. Here's hoping they go again.

The Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Anyway, this scrap was pretty lame compared to the other 3. Orr still won though so whatever, although I will admit Carkner was pretty damn tired after his shift
I believe Orr and Carkner were on the ice for a similar amount of time. Something like Orr being on for seven seconds and Carkner thirteen. Not sure, I have to rewind my dvr.

Old
03-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Quiksilver

Send a message via MSN to Quiksilver
Quote:
haha what a joke Orr is.

I see Garrey Galley (an Ottawa guy) got to you to. Lets not look at real facts, they`re useless afterall.

Carkner on the ice for 13 seconds. Orr on the ice for 7.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...0/TH020957.HTM

Quiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
I see Garrey Galley (an Ottawa guy) got to you to. Lets not look at real facts, they`re useless afterall.

Carkner on the ice for 13 seconds. Orr on the ice for 7.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...0/TH020957.HTM
Thanks for pulling that up. So much for the "Orr jumped Carkner at the end of his shift" ********.

Old
03-06-2010, 08:49 PM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
haha what a joke Orr is.

Any more excuses?

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:47 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

Orr is a beast, I admit it he is a monster, 2nd toughest guy in league. He beats looch this week and carkner again. Carkner tough SOB, keeps going with Orr even though Orr is clearly the more dangerous and better fighter. I hope looch is like carkner and goes right back at Orr.

I don't want him avoiding Orr and hiding. You know, like Orr does against Boogard...

Ouch.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

vCash: 587
As a Rangers fan, I've seen Colton Orr for the past few seasons improve his skating (yes, he can take a "regular shift") and fighting skills. I've thought highly of the amount of respect he has in his role as an enforcer and isn't as dirty as some other "tough guys" (i.e. Boogaard, Janssen, Brashear). Seeing him hold up three fingers after the fight really turned me off and seemed like kind of a classless act for someone who is usually the exact opposite.

Side note: Garry Galley should get together with Jack Edwards and form the biggest homer announcing duo. His color commentary during that clip was embarrassing. Built-in excuse for Carkner, saying that he'd been on for a long shift, which has since been debunked and then saying that Orr held up "four" fingers. Perhaps Galley should get closer to the monitor or head over to Lenscrafters for a new prescription.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:06 PM
XLJ

Orr is a beast wish he was still on the rangers. Orr putting up 3 fingers after the fight was great.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:25 PM
SilverSeven

Pretty weak tonight. Mostly a wrestling match. They both looked pretty tired after trying to get around the Ref.

Orr holding up the 3 fingers was a bit much after that "fight"

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:30 PM
langcam

Wouldn't even call that a fight. Good to see Colton Orr running players after the play. Class act that man is. Carks had to do something, too bad he wasn't fresh. Can't wait to see them go at it again.

langcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
MR50goalscorer
Grabo nets 50 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by langcam View Post
Wouldn't even call that a fight. Good to see Colton Orr running players after the play. Class act that man is. Carks had to do something, too bad he wasn't fresh. Can't wait to see them go at it again.
Carkner was on the ice for 13 seconds, Orr for 7 seconds, 5 seconds must be exhausting for your senators, and btw Carkner told the media he had no flu symptoms

MR50goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:36 PM
langcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Goose Stuffs In View Post
Carkner got owned, again. No need to deal with that pansy again Orr. Go get Neil please.

Old
03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
langcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashurian View Post
Carkner was on the ice for 13 seconds, Orr for 7 seconds, 5 seconds must be exhausting for your senators, and btw Carkner told the media he had no flu symptoms

lol skating, throwing the body and taking hits will gas you regardless. Not to mention he isn't one of the most fluent skaters I've ever seen. Good to see these guys square off, if one could call it that. Clearly carks wasn't too keen on scrapping. Of course that makes him a "pansy". I believe they have a similar fighting style and mentality. Makes for a good show. But c'mon leafers, give your heads a shake. Figures you guys are more obnoxious online. See you in the playoffs sooon??

Old
03-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Steve

As much as I would love to see Neil get his ass kicked by Orr, it wont happen. Neil doesn't really fight anymore, not to start on the Sens but he really picks his spots/opponents.

The hit on Mitchell was a clean hit, but it's one of those... maybe he should have let up ones... see Neil hitting Drury... shoulder to the head.. clean but sketchy.

Neil suffers from Darcy Tucker syndrome, he thinks he's a good hockey player and forgets he's a role player, he won't fight heavyweights... or even some middle weights, guys like Schenn..... no problem though

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote