HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Carkner vs Orr (four part series)

Old
03-06-2010, 11:39 PM
glucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by langcam View Post
lol skating, throwing the body and taking hits will gas you regardless. Not to mention he isn't one of the most fluent skaters I've ever seen. Good to see these guys square off, if one could call it that. Clearly carks wasn't too keen on scrapping. Of course that makes him a "pansy". I believe they have a similar fighting style and mentality. Makes for a good show. But c'mon leafers, give your heads a shake. Figures you guys are more obnoxious online. See you in the playoffs sooon??
Dude... it was 5 seconds difference... what did Carkner do in those extra 5 seconds that made it so hard for him to challenge Orr?

how great would it have been if Hanson and Fisher also went at it?

I'm fairly certain Hanson would have been fed a few, but seriously, 3 simultaneous fights? That'd have been amazing to see

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:34 AM
DuckedUpOnQuack

Send a message via MSN to DuckedUpOnQuack
I see we're in 'moral victory' territory for certain leaf fans once again...

DuckedUpOnQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:43 AM
VL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckedUpOnQuack View Post
I see we're in 'moral victory' territory for certain leaf fans once again...
Winning 2-1 in the shootout with a line-up that some Sens fans (check the GDT in your own boards) lovingly-dubbed as the Toronto Marlies is a "moral victory"?

VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Side note: Garry Galley should get together with Jack Edwards and form the biggest homer announcing duo. His color commentary during that clip was embarrassing. Built-in excuse for Carkner, saying that he'd been on for a long shift, which has since been debunked and then saying that Orr held up "four" fingers. Perhaps Galley should get closer to the monitor or head over to Lenscrafters for a new prescription.
Garry Galley a homer? He's one of the most un-biased announcers i've ever listened to. He never picks sides and isn't a fanboy. Ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL View Post
Winning 2-1 in the shootout with a line-up that some Sens fans (check the GDT in your own boards) lovingly-dubbed as the Toronto Marlies is a "moral victory"?
Beating a Sens team with two of our core players injured, along with many players suffering with the flu, in the shootout, while our player unluckily hits a post.

What a victory.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Colton Orr is the #1 fighter in the league. I want to see Orr vs Rypien!

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:54 AM
DuckedUpOnQuack

Send a message via MSN to DuckedUpOnQuack
Quote:
I'm sorry they hurt your feelings. And yes, it is a moral victory. As I alluded to, the outcome of the fight seems far more important to certain leaf fans than the win.

At any rate, clearly Carkner didn't want to fight tonight, and I don't blame him. The last time Orr goaded him into a fight he lost, turned the momentum over to Toronto, which subsequently lost us the game. Clouston most likely told him before tonight's game that priority #1 is winning (especially since we have yet to win a game since the olympic break).

DuckedUpOnQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:58 AM
VL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckedUpOnQuack View Post
I'm sorry they hurt your feelings. And yes, it is a moral victory. As I alluded to, the outcome of the fight seems far more important to certain leaf fans than the win.
Not in the slightest. It felt good to see the fans in Ottawa cheering on the "Marlies" in their victory over the Sens.

Quote:
At any rate, clearly Carkner didn't want to fight tonight, and I don't blame him. The last time Orr goaded him into a fight he lost, turned the momentum over to Toronto, which subsequently lost us the game. Clouston most likely told him before tonight's game that priority #1 is winning (especially since we have yet to win a game since the olympic break).
Now this part I can agree with. If Ottawa had to shorten the bench due to the flu, it would make very little sense for one of their d-men to take himself off the ice for 5 minutes so I can understand why Carkner might have been under orders not to engage in a fight. Forget about losing the momentum, it makes no sense at all to overplay your other d-men if you're already expecting a long night with a shortened bench to begin with.

VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
A lot of Leafs fans call them the Marlies as well. So, whatever. And if you actually read the first page, people knew it wasn't going to be an easy game.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Neil suffers from Darcy Tucker syndrome, he thinks he's a good hockey player and forgets he's a role player, he won't fight heavyweights... or even some middle weights, guys like Schenn..... no problem though
Darcy Tucker has had 6 seperate 20+ goal seasons. Please don't compare him to Neil.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:13 AM
ukrleaf

It was not a moral victory, it was a real one. Check the score

ukrleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:26 AM
SpezDispenser

Orr came out on the winning end and let everyone know it as he held up three fingers on his way to the penalty box.

"(Jarkko) Ruutu was saying it's for three shifts a game," said Carkner. "He wants to chirp and be like that that's fine. I can deal with that later."

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:27 AM
Lahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Orr came out on the winning end and let everyone know it as he held up three fingers on his way to the penalty box.

"(Jarkko) Ruutu was saying it's for three shifts a game," said Carkner. "He wants to chirp and be like that that's fine. I can deal with that later."

Orr plays a decent amount. And all he needs is 3 shifts to beat Carkners ass.

Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:32 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Both are beasts no need for the chirps from the fans...carkner and orr will scrap, anywhere, anytime...props to all.....the three fingers were out of emotion; orr is usually pretty classy, considering his tough style...both can play a regular shift. not too often you will blame a goal or mistake on Orr or Carkner. They know there role and play it well, enough said.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:03 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post
I don't want him avoiding Orr and hiding. You know, like Orr does against Boogard...

Ouch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuZf0ppNqeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueDXz7MNtlA&NR=1

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Madic

Galley is hilarious. If anybody is calling him "unbiased", you're a Sens fan.

I also like the "well Carkner was at the end of his shift!" yappers suddenly disappearing from this thread or changing gears.

Madic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 05:34 AM
jkrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
Darcy Tucker has had 6 seperate 20+ goal seasons. Please don't compare him to Neil.
Yea he leeched of better teammates pretty good.... and it was 5 not 6

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Carkner got messed up again. Guy never learns.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 07:08 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Garry Galley a homer? He's one of the most un-biased announcers i've ever listened to. He never picks sides and isn't a fanboy. Ridiculous.
Gary Galley is a huge homer. I don't know how you don't see that.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 426 View Post
I'm going to have to agree with this. As much as I want to see Orr knock out Carkner again, I see Carks being much more prepared for him this time. Who knows though.
Wow...I totaly was off on the results of this one. Never expected Carkner to be tenative like that. I thought he would change the gameplan up, butnever though he was fight just not to get hit with zero offense.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
Don't get me wrong, I was a HUGE darcy Tucker fan, I have a signed jersey and everything, but he changed his style drastically and wanted to be a scored, and inturn he became much less useful. Talent wise, Tucker >>> Neil but Neil is an actual "tough guy" and he no picks his spots with certain players because he's under the impression he's too valuable..... unless he's much stronger than his opponent.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:24 AM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madic View Post
Galley is hilarious. If anybody is calling him "unbiased", you're a Sens fan.
Just look at the poster suggesting that. It's the same 'unbiased' fan that tried to convince everyone Carkner slipped during the last fight against Orr when he was actually put to sleep.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:26 AM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by langcam View Post
lol skating, throwing the body and taking hits will gas you regardless. Not to mention he isn't one of the most fluent skaters I've ever seen. Good to see these guys square off, if one could call it that. Clearly carks wasn't too keen on scrapping. Of course that makes him a "pansy". I believe they have a similar fighting style and mentality. Makes for a good show. But c'mon leafers, give your heads a shake. Figures you guys are more obnoxious online. See you in the playoffs sooon??
You better hope not.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:02 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs38 View Post
Colton Orr is the #1 fighter in the league. I want to see Orr vs Rypien!
As tough as rypien is,he would get destroyed by orr.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:51 AM
longsuffering

That was a nothing fight, Carkner may have looked tentative, but Orr had just taken a penalty, it is standard to not give up the power play for all you hockey geniuses that post on this board. As for after fight started, Orr had Carkner in the same place as first fight, a handful of jersey at the right armpit, I sure any of you keyboard tough guys would just start throwing big rights at that point.

Orr looked like an idiot putting his fingers in the air after such a nothing fight, they have one more game and I am sure we will see a more willing Carkner in that one, but it will have to be before the 3rd period because Orr does not play after the second.

Toronto sucks, and I am a Leafs fan and I would still rather have Carkner on my team.

[Mod Edit]

Last edited by Opus: 03-07-2010 at 10:01 AM.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:03 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Julien View Post
Orr plays a decent amount. And all he needs is 3 shifts to beat Carkners ass.
Yeah right, because that was the fight that defined Orr vs Carkner, right? That wasn't even a real fight, right now it's Orr who has beaten Carkner to a pulp twice and Carkner who made Orr's face look like a pizza once, this last one was a shoving match and Orr goes around putting 3 fingers up? I took him for having more respect than that being the reigning heavyweight in the league, I'm actually really surprised that he would do something like that. That's the buzz around here this morning, it's not that Orr did anything wrong in the 'fight', it wasn't much, it was what he did after the fight when he must have known that that was anything but a big victory.

The fans in here I'm much less surprised about (lol at the nerd who said Orr doesn't need to bother with the 'pansy' Carkner anymore). Orr made a mistake, got caught up in the moment, made himself look like an arse and I'm sure he realizes it this morning.

Either way, not Orr's finest moment.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote