HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Carkner vs Orr (four part series)

Old
03-07-2010, 11:00 AM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

vCash: 500
People that are claiming that it wasen't even a real fight I'm not sure where you're getting that. Just because it wasen't as explosive as their first three, doesnt mean it wasen't a real fight. Shoving match? Orr threw 12 rights, while Carkner threw 1, while trying to position Orr against the glass the whole fight (Not the best strategy against Orr with his right free). I wouldn't call anything where someone could potentially have eaten 12 rights from Colton Orr a shoving match. Carkner will be back for round 5 he's incredibly tough, we'll see if he adjusts.

TheNorthFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Yea he leeched of better teammates pretty good.... and it was 5 not 6
Not that it's a huge deal, but it was 6.

1998-1999: 82GP, 21G
1999-2000: 77GP, 21G
2001-2002: 77GP, 24G
2003-2004: 64GP, 21G
2005-2006: 74GP, 28G
2006-2007: 56GP, 24G

People seem to forget or don't notice about 1999-2000 because he split it with Tampa and Toronto. 14 goals before the trade, 7 after.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Hope Bringer

for all those saying Orr has no respect after putting up the three fingers

i think this is just awesome. Hes bringing a much needed controversy back into this rivalry finally! Good to see the players on both teams getting heated again.

and schenn and donovan was pretty even, was at the game, both landed a couple, schenn knocked him down and then donovan rolled on top

Hope Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Paris in Flames

Last year we saw the Toronto/Montreal rivalry get new life. This season it seems to be dead again though. Thankfully these Leafs/Sens games are a sign that this rivalry may be back.

There just needs to be one game where the score is really onesided for things to get really out of control, imo.

Old
03-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Holiday View Post

i think this is just awesome. Hes bringing a much needed controversy back into this rivalry finally! Good to see the players on both teams getting heated again.
I don't see why people have a problem with it, Orr isn't Carcillo, he is hardly a punk that does that stuff all the time.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Disappointing to see that from Colton, yes he won the fight but he should have showed more class.

Colton definitely isn't the type of guy to do that, so he was definitely lost in the emotions of it and likely regrets it now.

Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:42 PM
NHLsensFan

Quote:

and schenn and donovan was pretty even, was at the game, both landed a couple, schenn knocked him down and then donovan rolled on top
Shenn and Donovan were pretty even? How can you say that, I was at the game and Donovan basically took him down immediately while getting a couple of shots in. I have no idea what you were watching.

NHLsensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Garry Galley a homer? He's one of the most un-biased announcers i've ever listened to. He never picks sides and isn't a fanboy. Ridiculous.

Beating a Sens team with two of our core players injured, along with many players suffering with the flu, in the shootout, while our player unluckily hits a post.

What a victory.
Please, did you take a look at the leafs forward squad?

bozak - rook
caputi - rook
hanson - rook
kessel - only real scoring threat (22 years of age)
kulemin - sophomore
lundmark - 16 points in 08-09, 9 points in 06-07 (last two playing years)
mitchell - sophomore
orr - those hands arent for scoring (they're for dropping dust buckets like carkner)
primeau (not keith) - 34 years old , 4 points in 08-09, 10 points in 07-08
sjostrom - 13 points in 08-09, 8 points 09-10
stalberg - rook
wallin - 6 points in 09-10, 9 points in 03-04 (last two playing seasons)
jonas gustavsson - rook

meh, the sens were in tough against the power house offence the leafs possess

back on topic...

orr runs show and gave ottawa the old (er... new) three finger salute

Drop The Mits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I always love the battles of who's team is ****tier.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
WillardJFredricks

[QUOTE=AmEagle;24352197]People that are claiming that it wasen't even a real fight I'm not sure where you're getting that. Just because it wasen't as explosive as their first three, doesnt mean it wasen't a real fight. Shoving match? Orr threw 12 rights, while Carkner threw 1, while trying to position Orr against the glass the whole fight (Not the best strategy against Orr with his right free). I wouldn't call anything where someone could potentially have eaten 12 rights from Colton Orr a shoving match. Carkner will be back for round 5 he's incredibly tough, we'll see if he adjusts.[/QU

What I noticed as well was Carkner was dead tired before the fight. He was leaning over gasping for air when Orr came in and started it. There wasn't much Carkner could do. The announcers said Orr had just come in fresh, but I don't know. Carkner looked pretty mad afterwards, and that would be a reason, as "the code" says you don't jump a guy at the end of his shift. Next meeting should be a beauty. It would be great if the Sens called up Yablonski, but I doubt it.

WillardJFredricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

[QUOTE=WillardJFredricks;24369045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmEagle View Post
People that are claiming that it wasen't even a real fight I'm not sure where you're getting that. Just because it wasen't as explosive as their first three, doesnt mean it wasen't a real fight. Shoving match? Orr threw 12 rights, while Carkner threw 1, while trying to position Orr against the glass the whole fight (Not the best strategy against Orr with his right free). I wouldn't call anything where someone could potentially have eaten 12 rights from Colton Orr a shoving match. Carkner will be back for round 5 he's incredibly tough, we'll see if he adjusts.[/QU

What I noticed as well was Carkner was dead tired before the fight. He was leaning over gasping for air when Orr came in and started it. There wasn't much Carkner could do. The announcers said Orr had just come in fresh, but I don't know. Carkner looked pretty mad afterwards, and that would be a reason, as "the code" says you don't jump a guy at the end of his shift. Next meeting should be a beauty. It would be great if the Sens called up Yablonski, but I doubt it.
Orr ran in and hit Lee, after the whistle albeit, if Carkner is so tired why did he jump through a pile of players to get after Orr? The code goes out the window if you jump a fresh player even when you're tired. You jump a guy you've fought three times prior, the player is thinking you want to scrap, not a little hug cause you're tired.

Drop The Mits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:

The only reason games against Toronto "get heated" is because worthless goons like Orr run around and hit everybody up around their head and don't care if they take penalties and cost their team because they're going to lose anyway.

I love a good fight now and then but if your team sucks and just fights for the sake of fighting or "entertainment" then it just turns the game to crap. This is why the NHL doesn't make enough money to keep players from living in ****** dorms room in Russia.

Wouldn't the most passionate fans in the entire NHL rather see a semi-competitive sort of fringe playoff team than this crap? Instead of drafting and acquiring players with skill the Leafs give you Colton Orr. You can't tell me that garbage game in Philly tonight was entertaining. I would be so pissed if my team had a brain dead player like that. He has to know that Carcillo/Asham/Laperierre aren't going to fight him doesn't he? He must know - uh.... they're trying to win here.... uhhhh.....

The last 3 full years in toronto Orr has 4 goals 11 points and is a -31 and the Leafs haven't made the playoffs since 03-04. I would hate Orr if I were a Leafs fan. And why dress Rosehill at the same time? In case Hartnell fights Orr and somebody needs to take care of Briere I guess.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Paris in Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
The only reason games against Toronto "get heated" is because worthless goons like Orr run around and hit everybody up around their head and don't care if they take penalties and cost their team because they're going to lose anyway.

I love a good fight now and then but if your team sucks and just fights for the sake of fighting or "entertainment" then it just turns the game to crap. This is why the NHL doesn't make enough money to keep players from living in ****** dorms room in Russia.

Wouldn't the most passionate fans in the entire NHL rather see a semi-competitive sort of fringe playoff team than this crap? Instead of drafting and acquiring players with skill the Leafs give you Colton Orr. You can't tell me that garbage game in Philly tonight was entertaining. I would be so pissed if my team had a brain dead player like that. He has to know that Carcillo/Asham/Laperierre aren't going to fight him doesn't he? He must know - uh.... they're trying to win here.... uhhhh.....

The last 3 full years in toronto Orr has 4 goals 11 points and is a -31 and the Leafs haven't made the playoffs since 03-04. I would hate Orr if I were a Leafs fan. And why dress Rosehill at the same time? In case Hartnell fights Orr and somebody needs to take care of Briere I guess.
Only real hit to the head in the entire game was Neil on Mitchell, so that point is kinda gone.

Point two, I wasn't aware Orr has been a Leaf for 3 years.

Old
03-08-2010, 12:30 AM
VL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
Only real hit to the head in the entire game was Neil on Mitchell, so that point is kinda gone.

Point two, I wasn't aware Orr has been a Leaf for 3 years.
For the Senators, I'd say that's an improvement over the stick-swinging insanity of the past. This way, at least nobody gets blinded due to the careless use of sticks.

VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 01:16 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post

Wow, someone is heated from the Philly/Toronto game. Clearly you are being completely ignorant. Orr has been a little nuts the last couple games, granted, but anyone who actually watches the Leafs knows that this isn't the way he normally plays at all. He is neither a liability on the ice, nor "brain dead". He has the ability to take a regular shift, but i guess i can't expect someone who thinks Orr has been on the Leafs for the last 3 years to know that, especially when they bothered to go look up his stats.

We signed Orr because last year we were pushed around a lot, other teams were taking liberties with Leaf players after the whistle. Orr's presence has helped that. We are at the beginning of the rebuild (or retool, whatever you want to call it) and if you weren't aware, traded a good portion of our players this season in an effort to change. We are in transition to answer your question.

Oh and Rosehill was dressed because Sjostrom was injured last game. He should have been the one to fight Carcillo, but i'm not quite sure why that didn't happen.

Last edited by MoreMogilny: 03-08-2010 at 01:26 AM.
MoreMogilny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Stick To Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL View Post
For the Senators, I'd say that's an improvement over the stick-swinging insanity of the past. This way, at least nobody gets blinded due to the careless use of sticks.
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooow, thats all I have to say. That's embarrassing that you have to bring up the Hossa/Berard incident.

BTW. Orr was running around which was fine, he had a clean hit on Spezza and drew a penalty good going. But he also ran Lee, late and from behind/to the upper body/head. That's the play I lost a lot of respect for him. Too bad there's no clip of Sutton destroying Phaneuf as he came to be a hero and got knocked the **** down.

Last edited by Stick To Your Guns: 03-08-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 01:49 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL View Post
You're right.

Everyone should stop following through on their shots.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:44 AM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Banks View Post
Too bad there's no clip of Sutton destroying Phaneuf as he came to be a hero and got knocked the **** down.

I guess that's better than getting knocked the **** out.

As far as your new toughguy Sutton, he's quite the fighter.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:51 AM
TheStranger

Anyone that's complaining about him holding up the 3 fingers...

Welcome to how hockey should be. This is Domi/Probert type stuff. Something that's been missing from hockey for a long time now. Quit whining, change channels during fights or something.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 08:33 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Too bad there's no clip of Sutton destroying Phaneuf as he came to be a hero and got knocked the **** down.
Yeah that was great. I'd love a gif of that, or a picture for my avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
Good thing he's not here to fight then I guess, though it figures a Leafs fan wouldn't know the difference.

Although the Leafs sure made him look like a tough guy. Embarassing Phaneuf doesn't make you a tough guy, but he wrecked Caputi and Lundmark.

Was expecting more truculance to be honest. Aside from Orr, all there really was in terms of that was Caputi getting thrown to the ground by Phillips and Stalberg getting thrown down by Winchester after Neil wrecked Mitchell.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 09:04 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Was expecting more truculance to be honest. Aside from Orr, all there really was in terms of that was Caputi getting thrown to the ground by Phillips and Stalberg getting thrown down by Winchester after Neil wrecked Mitchell.
It's been years since the Leafs have been a physical challenge for the Senators.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Stick To Your Guns

It's funny how throughout the whole game, Neil wanted to fight Phaneuf and Phaneuf didn't want any of it.

Old
03-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Stick To Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
I guess that's better than getting knocked the **** out.

As far as Orr goes, he's quite the fighter

thanks for coming out tho bud.

Old
03-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Stoneberg
Bored

Quote:
It's funny how throughout the whole game, Neil wanted to fight Phaneuf and Phaneuf didn't want any of it.
You mean the same way Neil has been pissing his pants every time Orr is on the ice all season?
Quote:
As far as Orr goes, he's quite the fighter

thanks for coming out tho bud.
Please refer to page one where he handles your top enforcer with ease 3/4 times. If you looked up all of Orr's youtubes he fights actual heavyweights, and wins much more often than he loses. You sure proved your point though...

Sutton got beat up by Craig ****ing Rivet, Rick Rypien, and 125 year old Gary Roberts...Orr would have left all of them sleeping on the ice without even breaking a sweat.

Stoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Stick To Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalberg View Post
You mean the same way Neil has been pissing his pants every time Orr is on the ice all season?
Please refer to page one where he handles your top enforcer with ease 3/4 times. If you looked up all of Orr's youtubes he fights actual heavyweights, and wins much more often than he loses. You sure proved your point though...

Sutton got beat up by Craig ****ing Rivet, Rick Rypien, and 125 year old Gary Roberts...Orr would have left all of them sleeping on the ice without even breaking a sweat.
lolol at Orr, hes a great fighter who will be in the league for max 2 more years. Laraque's out of the game now enforcers who can only fight and not play hockey are being phased out. This still doesn't make up for Phaneuf getting his ass handed to him by Sutton and not fighting Neil. Cool story though bro.