HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Czech Rep. first to join KHL

Old
03-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Zine

vCash: 500
Czech Rep. first to join KHL

After initial speculation about AIK joining (and eventually declining), it's Czech club Hradec Kralove signing a document of intent for the 2010-11 season.

Anyone know anything about this team?

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 11:48 PM
v-man

Nope, never heard of em. AIK didn't decline, they were forbidden to join by the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation. The deal to have a team in Vilnius, Lithuania has also apparently fallen through.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Purple hippo

After looking them up, they play within the first national league and look to be a pretty good club. Finished the regular championship in 4th place out of 16 with record of 20-6-6-14. As of right now the club is in semi-final as they won previous series 4-2 but wow, they lost a game in play-off 10:4. After looking through their website (I dont speak much Czech so translation is issue) but it seems like they are building a new arena in next couple years to make it up to 7,700 capacity.

That is all I could find of club, maybe others have better information. It would be nice if they join KHL, I was very sad to here Vetra fell out but in Basketball made country they probably would of had to fold anyways and AIK was no real surprise. Hopefully this club pulls through and can join league.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 02:17 AM
SerbianHabs

I herd the team will possibly consist of the best Czech League players? This would make the National team stronger for World Championships and new potential chemistry driven players for the Olympics. Sad the Swedish federation refused AIK joining.

SerbianHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:59 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Nope, never heard of em. AIK didn't decline, they were forbidden to join by the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation. The deal to have a team in Vilnius, Lithuania has also apparently fallen through.
I never believed in Vetra project, but where the links? Kharlamov said that in matter of days he will announce the team's sponsor(s)

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:23 AM
BLBarmada

What ever happenned to Karlovy Vary joining the KHL

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:29 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
What ever happenned to Karlovy Vary joining the KHL
would be the most reasonable candidate the town is full of Russians, but they were probably hoping for some Russian co. to sponsor them and that didn't happen.

Old
03-08-2010, 06:39 AM
slovakiasnextone

Yeah, congrats KHL.

A club that is currently playing 2.liga, which is the 3rdhighest league in the Czech republic and I believe is completely amateur. It´s just the club you want to join to your league, which is trying to aspir as a concurence to the NHL. It´s not like Hradec Kralove is only after the money that their entry to the KHL would get them from the Russians.

If they indeed join the KHL, this league will be way closer to a laughing stock across Europe than it is to the NHL.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Yeah, congrats KHL.

A club that is currently playing 2.liga, which is the 3rdhighest league in the Czech republic and I believe is completely amateur. It´s just the club you want to join to your league, which is trying to aspir as a concurence to the NHL. It´s not like Hradec Kralove is only after the money that their entry to the KHL would get them from the Russians.

If they indeed join the KHL, this league will be way closer to a laughing stock across Europe than it is to the NHL.
I thought they played in the 1st league that is 2nd in strength?

Old
03-08-2010, 02:20 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I thought they played in the 1st league that is 2nd in strength?
They play 1 liga, which is 2nd tier.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 02:29 PM
IJKPrinciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Yeah, congrats KHL.

You do realize that they're going to build a brand new team with players brought from the Extraliga and some KHL clubs? It's not like it was a big deal when some NHL franchises were built from zero, while in HK's case you already have a team that can at least work as a farm for the future KHL franchise in that city. Also IMHO it's a much better option to build a KHL team on the base of a lower league team than on a base of a team playing in the top tier since these lower league teams have little to lose in comparison to the established Elitserien/Extraliga/whatever other top domestic European league teams.

IJKPrinciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
zorz

Hc Lion

Hi people. Hot info from Czech republic. HC Lion Hradec Kralove will be completely new team. Not current Hradec team playing 2nd league. New team already exists. It will receive license in April. Now Lion is searching for players. Team will be officially announced in April and will start working in summer. Next year, czech club will play KHL - 99% chance.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
RusskiyHockey

I think the KHL has too many teams as it is. If expansion is so necessary, then I'd rather see KHL teams in Kiev, Tallinn, Volgograd, Perm, heck even Sochi. The Czechs have their own league, as do the Swedes. For inter-league competition, they should just revive the Champion's League. I don't think matches like that Czech team, or AIK, against Amur Khabarovsk make any sense.

RusskiyHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 12:09 AM
SerbianHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiyHockey View Post
I think the KHL has too many teams as it is. If expansion is so necessary, then I'd rather see KHL teams in Kiev, Tallinn, Volgograd, Perm, heck even Sochi. The Czechs have their own league, as do the Swedes. For inter-league competition, they should just revive the Champion's League. I don't think matches like that Czech team, or AIK, against Amur Khabarovsk make any sense.
KONTINENTAL

If KHL wants to challenge NHL they need to get teams on board from Europe. Create a European League. Will be good in my opinion. Good for European hockey nations and good for Russian hockey.

Attendance wise will be good, also good for ratings having teams in Europe. For example Russian fans will want to see who this czech team is. Czechs will want to see some top Russian clubs. Good for attendances and I'm sure Czech TV would show the Czech club in the KHL. More coverage of KHL. Just my opinion.

SerbianHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Cairbre

Sorry for the randomness of this gentlemen, but can anyone translate this:

"glavnoe vseh devochek pozdravit' i tsvety, nu a detyam--morozhenoe!"

It's a very long story, but it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cairbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Peter25

So let me see if I get this right.

The KHL is going to PAY for a second tier Czech club to play in the KHL and finance their budget.

In reality this would be a money transfer from Russia to Czech Republic (which is a richer country than Russia per capita) without a chance to make any kind of a profit out of it.

How will Russian hockey benefit? How will the KHL benefit? The only beneficiary would be the Czech hockey club which will receive free funding from Russia.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 01:23 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
So let me see if I get this right.

The KHL is going to PAY for a second tier Czech club to play in the KHL and finance their budget.

In reality this would be a money transfer from Russia to Czech Republic (which is a richer country than Russia per capita) without a chance to make any kind of a profit out of it.

How will Russian hockey benefit? How will the KHL benefit? The only beneficiary would be the Czech hockey club which will receive free funding from Russia.
No bro, you are completely wrong. This will be completely new club with players from best leagues of Europe. And money wont come from KHL, but from czech and russian sponsors (those russian, who are involved in making bussiness in Czech republic).

This is just huge moment for KHL and for czech hockey, because it will be great advertisement for KHL in Czech republic. If KHL is going to expand with 6 more european clubs, it will make KHL popular across the Europe. And number of 30 clubs is ok.

Old
03-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Dfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
No bro, you are completely wrong. This will be completely new club with players from best leagues of Europe. And money wont come from KHL, but from czech and russian sponsors (those russian, who are involved in making bussiness in Czech republic).

This is just huge moment for KHL and for czech hockey, because it will be great advertisement for KHL in Czech republic. If KHL is going to expand with 6 more european clubs, it will make KHL popular across the Europe. And number of 30 clubs is ok.
So which sponsors do you mean? where exactly is the money going to come from to be able to afford "best players in european leagues".

I find it funny how some people desperately want the KHL to move into western Europe no matter how tiny the market is that they plan on moving into.

I fail to see how this would help hockey in the Czech Republic and I'm guessing an average attandance of less than 2000 per game for Hradec Králové in the imo highly unlikely event of them joining a russian league.

Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 02:08 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
So which sponsors do you mean? where exactly is the money going to come from to be able to afford "best players in european leagues".

I find it funny how some people desperately want the KHL to move into western Europe no matter how tiny the market is that they plan on moving into.

I fail to see how this would help hockey in the Czech Republic and I'm guessing an average attandance of less than 2000 per game for Hradec Králové in the imo highly unlikely event of them joining a russian league.
We will see in April. If they say club and his sponsorship will be presented in April, why do you ask me now? Yea, I like idea of KHL in Czech republic and in Europe. And czech market is big enough to have one club in KHL

Old
03-09-2010, 02:33 AM
Brodie
to the hall

I do not see this happening. Just like Sweden and Lithuania and Austria and Germany.

Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 02:49 AM
akustyk

good for KHL and I hope those guys in Hradec Kralove succeed.

with all respect to the NHL - I'm all for making European leagues more competitive and able to keep home grown talent on home soil. or at least "viewable" at normal hours. because even for me, living in NL (which is almost UK sun cycle, only 1 hour later ), it's pain in the ass to catch a game at 1:00 in the night and I can easily imagine Russian fans being pi* off that their country's best talent can't be watched other than some crappy sopcasts/justintv's at brutal 4.00 in the night. this is not what they pay their taxes for, I guess...

akustyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 05:33 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by akustyk View Post
good for KHL and I hope those guys in Hradec Kralove succeed.

with all respect to the NHL - I'm all for making European leagues more competitive and able to keep home grown talent on home soil. or at least "viewable" at normal hours. because even for me, living in NL (which is almost UK sun cycle, only 1 hour later ), it's pain in the ass to catch a game at 1:00 in the night and I can easily imagine Russian fans being pi* off that their country's best talent can't be watched other than some crappy sopcasts/justintv's at brutal 4.00 in the night. this is not what they pay their taxes for, I guess...
NHL in Russia is broadcasted live and rebroadcasted at better times by NTV+ network. Having a team from Czech Republic in the KHL is a utopia....

Old
03-09-2010, 01:10 PM
RusskiyHockey

I'd rather see money go towards further development of hockey within Russia, such as women's hockey and children's hockey, rather than towards attracting random single European clubs.

RusskiyHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 01:21 PM
gingerninja*

I would really like if this team joins khl. And after reading several articles it actually seems possible. If what I read is true then, it seems they are gonna make completely new team for KHL, like in case with Dinamo Riga and they have pretty decent budget too, at least they say that they will get that from sponsors. Decent arena too, so I hope Lions will actually join khl, but we will see that only later on, not the first team that says that.

gingerninja* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 01:34 PM
zorz

New development here... New team became a member of czech hockey federation, but it will need their permission to play KHL They may decline as well as swedes with AIK did. I hope they will let them to play in KHL.