HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Czech Rep. first to join KHL

Old
06-07-2010, 08:55 PM
RusskiyHockey

vCash: 500
It would be awkward to have 25 teams anyway. Avtomobilist is not going anywhere and it would be a shame if it would get kicked out for the sake of having a team in a small Czech town.

RusskiyHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Czech Hockey Federation didn't allow Hradec Kralove to join KHL
http://hokej.cz/index.php?view=clanek&lng=CZ&id=48356

06-08-2010, 04:20 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Question for russian posters here:

Is there any chance that directors of KHL could give this team permision to play KHL without consent of czech federation? Everything is ready, money and other things, but czech idiotic hockey federation for some reason declined to give them it's consent.
I doubt it, it probably wouldnīt be good for the reputation of the league going against one of the strongest European federations.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 07:15 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiyHockey View Post
It would be awkward to have 25 teams anyway. Avtomobilist is not going anywhere and it would be a shame if it would get kicked out for the sake of having a team in a small Czech town.
And what's situation of Avtomobolist right now?

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:39 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
especially considering HC Lev would be an expansion team, and not even a member of the federation (yet)
KHL is a member of IIHF, complaint from Czhech federation would result in suspension of all the players on the team and possibly further sanctions for the whole league...who needs it?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

KHL is an IIHF member? RSL stopped in 2006, didnt realize they joined back

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:14 PM
RusskiyHockey

Quote:
And what's situation of Avtomobolist right now?
They're fine now, after the regional government stepped in. There was a deadline set for Avto to find guaranteed funding for next season, or else...

RusskiyHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:30 PM
yunost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
KHL is a member of IIHF, complaint from Czhech federation would result in suspension of all the players on the team and possibly further sanctions for the whole league...who needs it?
if my memory doesnt deceive me, FHR is part of IIHF, KHL is not.

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 04:03 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
if my memory doesnt deceive me, FHR is part of IIHF, KHL is not.
sorry, thanks for correcting me, but the fact remains - KHL cannot have players on their teams who are suspended by IIHF

Old
06-08-2010, 04:43 PM
zorz

Quote:
sorry, thanks for correcting me, but the fact remains - KHL cannot have players on their teams who are suspended by IIHF
There is no chance czech federation would complaint it, they are just too lazy to do anything

Old
06-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
the fact remains - KHL cannot have players on their teams who are suspended by IIHF
says who? hockey police?
this would only affect said players national team eligibility, I reckon

Old
06-09-2010, 07:29 AM
cska78

Quote:
says who? hockey police?
this would only affect said players national team eligibility, I reckon
and u think players will sign for that reason? IIHF can go further and suspend all KHL players from international competition.

Old
06-09-2010, 07:36 AM
zorz

Quote:
and u think players will sign for that reason? IIHF can go further and suspend all KHL players from international competition.
I don't think IIHF would even consider that... who would play at those international competitions then?

Old
06-09-2010, 09:38 AM
CZechSenator
#15 Jan Marek R.I.P.

Officially HC Lev Hradec Kralove will not play KHL next year.
http://hokej.idnes.cz/vedeni-ruske-l...817_evropa_lge

CZechSenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
can I have what you're smoking?

Old
06-09-2010, 04:32 PM
cska78

Quote:
can I have what you're smoking?
sure, come on down

Old
07-05-2010, 10:22 AM
IJKPrinciple

The never ending story of HC Lev continues. After they failed to persuade the Czech hockey federation, i.a. by offering them 100 million CZK from their budget for the development of Czech hockey, the team moved from Hradec Kralove to Poprad, Slovakia. The Slovak hockey federation gave permision to the club to join KHL. However Shalaev of KHL said something along the lines that the league has to publish the definitive calendar of the 2010–11 season in the first week of July and although it's not impossible that Lev Poprad might join the league for the upcoming season, it's highly unlikely since they already don't have time to adjust the calendar of the games.

IJKPrinciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 10:47 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJKPrinciple View Post
The never ending story of HC Lev continues. After they failed to persuade the Czech hockey federation, i.a. by offering them 100 million CZK from their budget for the development of Czech hockey, the team moved from Hradec Kralove to Poprad, Slovakia. The Slovak hockey federation gave permision to the club to join KHL. However Shalaev of KHL said something along the lines that the league has to publish the definitive calendar of the 2010–11 season in the first week of July and although it's not impossible that Lev Poprad might join the league for the upcoming season, it's highly unlikely since they already don't have time to adjust the calendar of the games.

they had two calenders at hand in case Budivelnik would have made it, but....MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!!!

Old
07-05-2010, 11:13 AM
NMF78

Quote:
they had two calenders at hand in case Budivelnik would have made it, but....MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!!!

indeed, its just a very bad idea to rush such things

NMF78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:30 AM
zorz

I would be really pissed if they just move it to Slovakia... they should just wait and try next year.

Old
07-05-2010, 12:48 PM
slovakiasnextone

[QUOTE=zorz;26753921]I would be really pissed if they just move it to Slovakia... they should just wait and try next year.[/QUOTE]

They would be idiots if they just sat and waited. Itīs not like the investors in Lev are Czech or something, they are Scandinavian and why the hell do you think they should sit and wait until CSLH decides that Lev has kissed their ***** enough to let them play when they have a better possibility where they know they will be allowed by the home federation already this season and not a very uncertain maybe sometimes in the future? This move from Lev is understandable. Doubt they will make it anyway.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:12 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post

They would be idiots if they just sat and waited. Itīs not like the investors in Lev are Czech or something, they are Scandinavian and why the hell do you think they should sit and wait until CSLH decides that Lev has kissed their ***** enough to let them play when they have a better possibility where they know they will be allowed by the home federation already this season and not a very uncertain maybe sometimes in the future? This move from Lev is understandable. Doubt they will make it anyway.
I'm not saying it's not understandable. I'm just saying I don't like it

Old
07-06-2010, 11:23 AM
cska78

[QUOTE=slovakiasnextone;26755872]
Quote:
I would be really pissed if they just move it to Slovakia... they should just wait and try next year.[/QUOTE]

Shalaev sounded like he's had enough with this "Lev" business.

Old
07-06-2010, 06:27 PM
IJKPrinciple

The issue will be decided on July 13, no definitive calendar of games for 2010–11 until then.

I just had this idea – currently the team left the Czech Ice Hockey Association and is not a member of Slovak Ice Hockey Federation just yet. They plan to take shelter in Poprad for one year, then return to Hradec Kralove once the issues with CIHA are settled.
My question is: Could they possibly move back to Hradec during the season? Not after it? Or maybe even before the start of the new season?

It's just a change of arena you know. Like Minsk did it in the last season when moving to Minsk Arena from the old palace of sports during the season.

I just think that if they get accepted into the league as a club currently stationed in Poprad, being/not being a member of SIHF, they could play their games in the Czech Rep. without being a member of the CIHA.
I even remember them saying that they want to do it this way if the CIHA refuses to give them permission:
Move to Slovakia, register there, be accepted into KHL BUT!!! play in Hradec's arena and have only a few games during the season in Slovakia.

So the main issue is – do they need the permission of CIHA or the Czech government to play games on the territory of the Czech Rep. if they are not a member of CIHA. What would KHL and SIHF think of this?

Edit: NHL teams also play their regular season games on territories of foreign states, even on a different continent! So the main thing is whether it's a big difference from a juridical point of view to play 1 or 2 regular season games in a foreign country or to play most of your regular season games there.

Last edited by IJKPrinciple: 07-06-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old
07-13-2010, 02:08 PM
IJKPrinciple

According to KHL website a KHL commission will be operating in Poprad, Slovakia on July 14, checking the infrastructure of the Lev Poprad club and the results of the commission's visit will be announced on July 16.