HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My take on habs if anyone cares

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Benzaza

vCash: 500
My take on habs if anyone cares

Most of you guys know your hockey very well if not superbly. Some of you unfortunately (here,there,media,friends etc etc) seem to take everything in perspective. This team thrives on chemistry, it is what its made of. When they suck they all suck and they step up they all step up. That was during the season.

When kovalev came in , he stepped up in game #3 (where i was and his worth every dollar he gets paid). Koivu did not step up he always the same and know he has a winger equal to his own greatness suddenly people notice him: he always played like that. (of course he ahd off-days who doesnt). Same thing for the Zednifier that guy gives his heart out and i cant believe how cool he is (99% of the time) after getting hooked,***** and molested by "f**ing" hooks and etcc)........

the young line is easy ot figure for the playoffs...Dagenais is ribeiro's ***** (no disrespect for dagenais) but he cant use his body to do something theres no point cuz he wont be able to have 7 super shots every game (he has a great shot)....
Ribs need to step up in the head cuz he cant do his same great moves,dekes and stick handling in the defensive zone and when he needs to speed up stuff.And if Mr. Gainey could get something good for him he would trade his ass tommorow(he has great hands but gotta speed it up a bit or have a winger that does it for him)

Ryder gives his heart out and is observed by the other team all the time and ribs has almost not fed him during the playoffs...if he scored on his shots during the playoffs he would have unassisted goals (from what i remember coming in from the neutralzone)............dagenais is out get a calgary-edmonton style winger who can check skate and has decent skills (kilger was IT but he just didnt like it anymore in montreal...**** happens)...need an experienced guy to show ryder at least not make him feel hes the only who has to score on that line (doan would be perfect but aint gonna happen or iginla...dreaaaaaaaaaming)

3rd line
were gonna have begin-ward-dowd(or higgins if dowd leaves) 4th line i have no idea im too tired to remember haha

defensively i have souray,komi,rivet,bouillon get or trade for one tough reliable defensemen (used to hate breakwood then didnt care now hate again...great skills in offense but hes a defenseman also.....) and get a young kid to replace quintal or another veteran........if cant get ride of breakwood whatever keep him hell do fine in the long run statistically........

forwards have toi have hit mentality physical pressure to give a breather to the defensemen who cant afford to hit as much as they are supposed to there to busy trying to stop a shot or prevent a play to be made....i hope i was clear on that part loll (san jose forwards are not that big and look at them jumping on the other team all the time....its a question of it being a reflex to give a good check at a good moment as much as possible)

by the way if kovalev doesnt stay there screwed and its back to the START square and wont make it through the 2nd round if they get to the playoffs

the goalie issue... there is none theo is theo and theres no point of trading him well get nothing in return goalie wise unless we all believe in garon who is quite good but no one is ready to take that risk (habs staff) unless i get turco and modano for theo and ribeiro i would say yes to that trade .. maybe loll

hope i didnt bore you guys

catch you laterz

Old
04-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Mike The Wall

nice post

Old
04-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Benzaza

thx mate