HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

3/6/10 - 7:30PM EST - Tampa Bay VS Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Bish please
Kick in the grass

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedmanIsMyHomeboy View Post
A sell-out crowd. Fantastic!
Maybe there are a lot of people who really hated Jeff Halpern?

Old
03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want Revenge View Post
Maybe there are a lot of people who really hated Jeff Halpern?

Old
03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
The Jumping Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Both hits were clean. Downie went and started a scrum because you dont mess with Marty. Simple as that.

Great game and odd to hear the building was full, and the replays showed it as full as well. Interesting. Hope the trend continues (the winning and the full building).

Also its interesting that Vinny has been amazing the past couple of games. Intriguing to say the least as to the timing of the return of the old Vinny. But whatever the reason...I hope the old Vinny stays around for a lot longer and beyond. Maybe he just really likes Teddy Ruxspin.
According to Tocchet, Vinny's lovin' playing with Purcell.

Old
03-06-2010, 11:06 PM
TBLHoser

Replays showed plenty seats along the sideline that were empty. Anybody went that can tell what the head count was closer to?

Old
03-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Awesome game, great time, place was rocking. And even better to come back home and read all the sour grapes on certain other sections of HF.

Only complaint is that some of our defense still seems to not quite be getting the concept of skating forward out of their own zone, versus skating backward deeper into the zone. Might help if they could make some clean passes.

Old
03-07-2010, 12:42 AM
kinggelato

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadadaiholla View Post
Man i was stuck watching the thrashers feed and its rough.
I was stuck with the same thing and man their announcers were TERRIBLE. I thought Chief could be a homer but these guys were making crap up left and right pretty much from the face off. New fans will have a tough time understanding officiating in this league much less having to learn it from announcers that just randomly make crap up. Things like a penalty shot only being award if the defender is directly behind the offense player. The play by play guy was a snooze fest even when Atlanta was doing well.

Good check by Downie, couldnt tell if the hit on St. Louis was a cross check or not. The most excited the Atlanta announcers got was about when Arty was skating with the puck with speed. Of course I knew it would end up with a pathetic shot attempt by him so no fear there.

How can I get Meszaros season tickets for next year, the guy seems to have the best seat in the house for at least half of the opponents goals? Not always his fault but his huge minus rating says something.

Got to like the new guy so far, he can skate and he shoots. Not used to that on Vinny's line. Malone needs to stay on the second line.

Old
03-07-2010, 12:49 AM
PalmStickSun

Send a message via AIM to PalmStickSun
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedmanIsMyHomeboy View Post
A sell-out crowd. Fantastic!
We had a good crowd in South Florida tonight too, maybe the Olympics gave us a bump in interest?

Regardless, it was a good day for hockey in Florida.

Old
03-07-2010, 12:34 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggelato View Post
I was stuck with the same thing and man their announcers were TERRIBLE. I thought Chief could be a homer but these guys were making crap up left and right pretty much from the face off. New fans will have a tough time understanding officiating in this league much less having to learn it from announcers that just randomly make crap up. Things like a penalty shot only being award if the defender is directly behind the offense player. The play by play guy was a snooze fest even when Atlanta was doing well.

Good check by Downie, couldnt tell if the hit on St. Louis was a cross check or not. The most excited the Atlanta announcers got was about when Arty was skating with the puck with speed. Of course I knew it would end up with a pathetic shot attempt by him so no fear there.

How can I get Meszaros season tickets for next year, the guy seems to have the best seat in the house for at least half of the opponents goals? Not always his fault but his huge minus rating says something.

Got to like the new guy so far, he can skate and he shoots. Not used to that on Vinny's line. Malone needs to stay on the second line.
Agreed 100% with all your points. The ATL announcers were ****ing pathetic. That penalty shot rant they went on made me for a good 5 minutes. LOL @ Meszaros too.

Old
03-07-2010, 06:00 PM
TBLHoser

They made a nice point last night when the announcers said that Mezaros played really well in Ottawa when he was paired with Chara.... Pretty much explains it all....

Old
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
CSampson

Messier blaming St. Louis for getting hit in the boards in this game. Saying he deliberately turned his back to the player while going for the puck. Says he should be penalized for turning his back. Those Lays must be getting to his head.

On Hockeycentral.

Old
03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
Messier blaming St. Louis for getting hit in the boards in this game. Saying he deliberately turned his back to the player while going for the puck. Says he should be penalized for turning his back. Those Lays must be getting to his head.

On Hockeycentral.
Turning... his back... he was facing MacArthur...

What?

Old
03-08-2010, 12:25 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Turning... his back... he was facing MacArthur...

What?
True story.

Old
03-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Off Center

Quote:

On Hockeycentral.
turned his back to the player charging in from center ice...i must've missed the 180 degree midair spin he did to hit the back of his head on the boards.

Old
03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Head meet ass. Please don't talk out of it anymore.

Old
03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
CSampson

I think the major point was Messier was saying St. Louis was looking down at his feet trying to find a puck, and that he thinks players doing that should be penalized for putting themselves in that position. The host assumed his back was to the play.

Old
03-08-2010, 07:22 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Downie's "dirty" hit is #3 on nhl.coms top 10 hits of the week

Old
03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Downie's "dirty" hit is #3 on nhl.coms top 10 hits of the week
That dirty headhunter...how does he still have a nhl job?!?11

Old
03-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
That dirty headhunter...how does he still have a nhl job?!?11
You shouldn't talk about Patrice Cormier like that, kid hasn't even made it to the bigs yet.

Old
03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
nothingtosee
female fan

Quote:
I think the major point was Messier was saying St. Louis was looking down at his feet trying to find a puck, and that he thinks players doing that should be penalized for putting themselves in that position. The host assumed his back was to the play.
I never understood why people want to blame the person getting hit. isn't that what Marty is supposed to do? go for the puck and not worry about getting blindsided since he doesn't even have it yet? i never got that. wouldn't it be your first reaction to turn away from the hit when you see it coming? not that Marty did that, but when people try and say 'oh well its his fault for turning away from the hit', but its what you'd do automatically.

Closed Thread