HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

U2 is a curse

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2004, 10:42 AM
  #1
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 39,759
vCash: 500
U2 is a curse

dont you know
if you play U2 in the rink before the game starts as the pregame song you will lose
its the curse of Bono.

surely there's some french canadian music that can get the fans going other than "Where streets have no name"

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 10:56 AM
  #2
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,449
vCash: 500
How about classic Mitsou?

Go Habs Go is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 11:06 AM
  #3
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,431
vCash: 500
U2 kicks ass.

I'm not blaming the song on anything. It's a damn good song.

Darz is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 11:17 AM
  #4
Frank Drebin
Registered User
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,291
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
U2 kicks ass.

I'm not blaming the song on anything. It's a damn good song.
**** rights.

Didn't the Habs play that song all year?

Frank Drebin is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 11:27 AM
  #5
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Dutchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Patrick Traverse is a curse... U2, however is not.

Dutchy is online now  
Old
04-30-2004, 12:04 PM
  #6
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Herpes is a curse, Traverse is a bane, and the U2 song is just fine (they should loop the intro bit though, like the canucks do, instead of playing the whole song).

chicpea* is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 06:07 PM
  #7
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
dont you know
if you play U2 in the rink before the game starts as the pregame song you will lose
its the curse of Bono.

surely there's some french canadian music that can get the fans going other than "Where streets have no name"
What does a Leaf fan know, especially one that all of the Leaf posters can't even stand. What kind of inspirational music do they play at the ACC and the fans are silent, comeback when you have some crediability.

Actually last night when Ron Maclean said were going to let you take in the sounds of the stadium for the next couple of minutes I was pretty pumped and emotional with that song blarring, the fans cheering, the slide show on the ice and the kids skating around the rink with the Habs flags and then the team finally coming out to an even louder fan cheer (hard to imagine that rink can get louder).

It was a great thing to watch, I can only imagine what it was like to be there and have been a part of it.

What a great organization.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 07:28 PM
  #8
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Actually last night when Ron Maclean said were going to let you take in the sounds of the stadium for the next couple of minutes I was pretty pumped and emotional with that song blarring, the fans cheering, the slide show on the ice and the kids skating around the rink with the Habs flags and then the team finally coming out to an even louder fan cheer (hard to imagine that rink can get louder).
That was awesome. It gave me the chills.

chicpea* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.