HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your 2010/11 Leafs roster and changes

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Drew75

vCash: 500
Your 2010/11 Leafs roster and changes

Ok - firstly - beased on Burkes history, I'm willing to bet that Kadri spends most of next year with the Marlies minus a few injury call ups. He did it with Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan - and it's worked out great there.

That said - my proposal at the draft is (and flame away all you want):
To Dal: Kaberle, Grabo, and Hayes
To Tor: Richards, Glennie, and a 2010 2nd

Newy was one of the guys who wanted Grabs, love Kabs, and is going to want to put his stamp on Dallas. We need a playmaker for Kessel, and with the youth of our team, as much as we want a 21 year old, the fact is we could use a conn smythe winning vet to teach the young guys.

Sign Kulemin for 3 years with a cap hit of 2.5mil
Sign Gustavsson for 2 years with a 1.5mil cap hit
Sign Hanson for 3 years with a cap hit of 1mil
Sign a UFA 7th D for a 500k cap hit
Sign a UFA big 4th liner for a 600K cap hit
Sign Primeau for 1 year with a 600K cap hit

Then you have:

Kulemin Richards Kessel- I think Richards can get in the 80 - 90 point range with a guy like Kessel to feed, and I love what Kulemin brings, giong into the corners and along the boards, doing the dirty work to get the other two the puck

Stalberg Bozak Caputi
- Stalberg touch and speed combined with Bozak's feeds, and Caputi doing the dirty work in the corners and in front of the net.

Sjostrom Hanson Lundmark
- A good checking line with size and speed

Orr Primeau UFA - Size, toughness, and energy

Rosehill - 13th forward

Schenn Phaneuf
- a monster pairing - most sophmores go through a rough year, Schenn should bounce back strong on his way to becoing a monster shut down guy.

Gunnarsson Bauchemin - a solid pair at both ends

Komi Finger
We're not getting rid of Finger until the last year of his deal - may as well accept it. I think Komi will bounce back, he just tried to do too much in his first year

UFA 7th guy
Giggy
Gustavsson

- I think Giggy starts out at number 1, and then Gus takes it from him by January by completing his adjustment to the NA game.

And the Marlies still have:
Kadri, Glennie, Stefanovich, Flaake, Champagne, a couple of College UFA's, Holzer, Mikhuis (sp?), etc, etc...

I'm not saying this is the team to contend - but one good enough to at least push for the playoffs and with a solid core developing together.

Rip away - but that's my 2cents

Old
03-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

We don't have to get rid of Finger. It's called burying

Old
03-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Defense

Dallas won't trade Richards let alone with Glennie...

My offseason
Trade Kaberle for a top prospect or high draft pick (Hodgson/Colbourne/10th overall)
Win Kolvachuk sweepstakes...sing Kolvy to a 5y/$9 cap hit
Sign Torres

Kolvachuk - Kadri - Kessel
Caputi - Hodgson - Torres
Stalberg - Bozak - D'Amigo
Rosehill - Hanson - Orr

Phaneuf - Komisarek
Beauchemin - Schenn
Gunnarsson - Mikus

Giguere
Gustavsson

Playoffs next year!

Old
dubey
~manlets~

I think Richards will be a target too. I'm not whether or not he'll be available though, depends on the Stars financial situation and how they finish this year.

Old
sgupca

Not bad, i like a lot of what you've said, but i don't see Kulemin getting 2.5mil per.

Maybe 1.75-2mil.

Old
03-06-2010, 08:47 AM
NoTouchIcing

I do like most of it, not sure if dallas pulls the trigger on that deal however.

Old
03-06-2010, 08:53 AM
GrrrTML

I've expressed many times before how perfect a fit a Richards-Kaberle based trade is for both teams.

But I think Dallas would want Bozak instead of Grabo.

EDIT: The deal that gets it done is: Kaberle, Bozak & Stefanovich for Richards & Niskanen

Lines for 2010/11

Caputi.....Richards.....Kessel
Kulemin...Grabovski....Frolov
Sjostrom....Hanson....Lundmark
Orr......Primeau....Mitchell

Komisarek...Phaneuf
Beauchamin...Gunnarsson
Schenn.....Niskanen

Giguere
Gustavsson

Last edited by GrrrTML: 03-06-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old
03-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Koopa I

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
I do like most of it, not sure if dallas pulls the trigger on that deal however.
Take Glennie out and i would think they would were getting the best player in the deal already Dallas is not going to give up one of there top prospects aswell

Old
03-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrrTML View Post

I've expressed many times before how perfect a fit a Richards-Kaberle based trade is for both teams.

But I think Dallas would want Bozak instead of Grabo.

Old
03-06-2010, 09:06 AM
GrrrTML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
We would rather Bozak over Grabo...but that's the point...so would Dallas.

Bozak shouldn't be a stumbling block, if it finally gets us our 1st line center.

Old
03-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Daisy Joy
Jerry D'asigo

I will be very surprised if Burke tenders an offer to Kolvachuck. He's stated over and over he is not going to tie TML resources into one player for uber years. That's what Kolvachuck wants.

Old
03-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Drew75

My rationale from the Dallas perspective was:

Newy was a fan of Grabbo - and as Rishards is only putting up the 60 - 70 point range in Dallas - if Newy thinks Grabbo can replace some of those points (maybe the 50 - 60 range) for only 2.9, plus he adds Kabs to the back end which makes a guy like Robidas expendable for cap space.

I wouldn't give up Bozak, but maybe if you switched Glennie for Chaisson it could work.

Overall, it allows the financially tight stars to replace Richards with a cheaper (albeit less talented) option while adding that puck moving D to mentor Niskanen at the same time.

Just a thought - I think Richards would be a great fit for Kessel, and with all of our youth - a vet could be useful.

Old
03-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Daisy Joy
Jerry D'asigo

Drew: that makes sense to me Hopefullly Newy & Burke can make it so

Old
03-06-2010, 09:36 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

If the leafs can land a top centre in the offseason. With Kabby going the other way; i would be thrilled. Richards may be a good idea. He is what we need.

Than we dont have to rush Kadri into the fold as quick. Let him bulk up a bit, and learn the speed of the NHL, with a few games up and most down in the AHL.

Old
03-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Barilko14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew75 View Post

Newy was a fan of Grabbo - and as Rishards is only putting up the 60 - 70 point range in Dallas - if Newy thinks Grabbo can replace some of those points (maybe the 50 - 60 range) for only 2.9, plus he adds Kabs to the back end which makes a guy like Robidas expendable for cap space.

I wouldn't give up Bozak, but maybe if you switched Glennie for Chaisson it could work.

Overall, it allows the financially tight stars to replace Richards with a cheaper (albeit less talented) option while adding that puck moving D to mentor Niskanen at the same time.

Just a thought - I think Richards would be a great fit for Kessel, and with all of our youth - a vet could be useful.
I like the sounds of adding Richards for Kaberle this summer too, but the only way it happens is if Dallas is forced to slash payroll. If that were the case I'd be fine with a Kaberle & Grabovski for Richards deal. Richards is a little above the the 60-70 point range this year (on pace for 88pts) and Dallas will want good value back, I would be willing to include Bozak in the deal instead of Grabovski if that's what it would take to get our 29 year old No.1 centre.

Old
03-06-2010, 09:41 AM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barilko14 View Post
I like the sounds of adding Richards for Kaberle this summer too, but the only way it happens is if Dallas is forced to slash payroll. If that were the case I'd be fine with a Kaberle & Grabovski for Richards deal. Richards is a little above the the 60-70 point range this year (on pace for 88pts) and Dallas will want good value back, I would be willing to include Bozak in the deal instead of Grabovski if that's what it would take to get our 29 year old No.1 centre.
I like the idea of landing Richards for Kabs, but not at the price of adding Bozak.

I think we have something really special with this kid.

I would however have no problem shipping Kabs + Grabovski for Richards + pick.

Old
03-06-2010, 09:50 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
I like the idea of landing Richards for Kabs, but not at the price of adding Bozak.

I think we have something really special with this kid.

I would however have no problem shipping Kabs + Grabovski for Richards + pick.
I'd do it even without the pick

Old
03-06-2010, 09:57 AM
seanlinden

That team is absolutely terrible. You've got 2 good offensive players then nothing...

I think the reality is that we'll prolably see Burke try and prey on a team with major cap issues and try and get a top 6 winger without giving up a roster player.... a guy like Sharp or Versteeg in Chicago or a guy like Clowe in SJ using guys like Stefanovich & Hayes & Grabovski (perhaps in a 3-way) to swing it.

Then he'll go out and sign a guy like Jokinen and maybe a player like Tanguay.... in addition to filling out the 4th line.

Tanguay-Jokinen-Kessel
Caputi/Stalberg-Bozak-Versteeg
Kulemin-Hanson-Sjostrom
?-Mitchell-Orr

Old
03-06-2010, 10:06 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
That team is absolutely terrible. You've got 2 good offensive players then nothing...

I think the reality is that we'll prolably see Burke try and prey on a team with major cap issues and try and get a top 6 winger without giving up a roster player.... a guy like Sharp or Versteeg in Chicago or a guy like Clowe in SJ using guys like Stefanovich & Hayes & Grabovski (perhaps in a 3-way) to swing it.

Then he'll go out and sign a guy like Jokinen and maybe a player like Tanguay.... in addition to filling out the 4th line.

Tanguay-Jokinen-Kessel
Caputi/Stalberg-Bozak-Versteeg
Kulemin-Hanson-Sjostrom
?-Mitchell-Orr
This team is just as bad, if not worse.

Old
03-06-2010, 10:19 AM
perry905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence View Post
Win Kolvachuk sweepstakes...sing Kolvy to a 5y/$9 cap hit
No chance you get kovi at 5 years $9mil per. He wants any Ovie like deal, thats not Ovie like

Old
03-06-2010, 10:20 AM
stoney

Just in response to all the proposals in here. I don't think you move Jimmy Hayes as a throw in. He has too much size and skill to just chip it into a deal. Not very often are you going to get a 6'5 dude who can skate with skill.

Old
03-06-2010, 10:45 AM
samwitch

I'd love a Kaberle for a young centre and 1st.

Kaberle
for
Patrik Berglund & 1st

Then sign Alexander Frolov & Manny Malhotra:

Kulemin - Berglund - Kessel
Frolov - Bozak - Stalberg
Caputi - Hanson - Sjostrom
Primeau - Malhotra - Orr
Lundmark, Mitchell

Phaneuf - Schenn
Beauchemin - Gunnarsson
Mikus - Komisarek
Frogren

Giguere
Gustavsson

EDIT: Damn, I love the looks of this lineup haha.

Last edited by samwitch: 03-06-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old
03-06-2010, 11:39 AM
GrrrTML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew75 View Post

I've heard that Newie covets Grabo a few times now. I cannot see that being true...especially to the degree that's being implied.

Where's the link???

Old
03-06-2010, 12:07 PM
hackm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrrTML View Post
I've heard that Newie covets Grabo a few times now. I cannot see that being true...especially to the degree that's being implied.

Where's the link???
You might have a hard time finding a link.

However, Nieuwendyk was the assistant to recommend Grabovski initially. And then, if I recall correctly, Fletcher's interest in Grabovski was cemented during a candid conversation with Timmins, Montreal's (head?) scout, in which they talked about Grabovski's compete level not being in question.

Old
03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Not bad, i like a lot of what you've said, but i don't see Kulemin getting 2.5mil per.

Maybe 1.75-2mil.
yea I agree he wont be making 2.5 million but I would also say he probably wont be getting 1.75-2mil ethier since he is coming off his ELC his base salary is only 850k the rest are bonuses. so somewhere between 1-1.5 is more realistic for Kulemin, not like he's lighting up the scoresheet yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry905 View Post
No chance you get kovi at 5 years $9mil per. He wants any Ovie like deal, thats not Ovie like
Kovie will get whatever the GM's of this league want to give him. it doesn't matter what Kovie wants. when it comes to UFA's, Value is determined by GM's not the players tho I do believe he will be signed at $8.5mill per for 5-8 years tops

Closed Thread