HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

inline skates

Old
03-19-2010, 12:06 AM
kdon999

vCash: 500
inline skates

I don't know anything about anything, so I come to hfboards for help.

I want some inline skates to screw around with and play some VERY casual ball hockey in a street setting.

I kind of want to avoid geting sold inline skates that turn out to be some top of the line model with flames on the side that'll just look like I am trying to be something I am certainly not. And since I know nothing about inline skates it is very possible this will happen if I go to my local hockey store and encounter someone trying to push a sale.

So if anyone wants to give me suggestions on what I should be looking at in the inline skate department it would be much appreciated.

thanks

kdon999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:45 AM
imkegg85

Go to your LHS or sporting goods store and try a couple pairs on and see whats comfortable. Don't buy cheap skates (as in cheaply made) because your feet will be kicking you in the butt later for it! Make sure you get wheels with a hardness of 80A, 82A, or 84A. Heres a start for you.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-...x-sr-2010.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccm-inli...2-sr-2009.html

http://www.hockeygiant.com/mis08bsxsktsr.html

imkegg85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 01:36 AM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

You will probably want to get skates will fit 76mm or larger wheels. Before you buy brand new skates you may be able to find a gently used pair at a thrift store, garage sale, or a play-it-again sports.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 05:52 AM
VickiUKHockeyFan

While we're on the subject, I'm looking at some skates at the moment and have found these on Amazon. They're within the price I was told to pay for a first pair to learn to play in, so wanted some opinions.

These

VickiUKHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:02 AM
kdon999

Awesome guys thanks for the help! Especially the links. Cheers.

kdon999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 07:30 PM
cmdrdredd

If you're looking for Hockey skates specifically, I'd find a hockey store and try on some different brands. Otherwise any skate shop, sports authority, Peter Glen Ski and Sports and other specialty sporting goods retailers will have various skates to try. I have not seen much in the way of roller hockey specific skates at the general sporting goods stores and big box retailers. Have to find a Hockey store. Once you try some on you can search online for good deals in your size.

cmdrdredd is offline   Reply With Quote