Ducks vs. Coyotes

Old
03-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Dirk316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
S. Eminger 0:23 0 0 -2 0 0

That is the Steve Eminger line after 2 periods.... WTF?

should be

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
I dont see that being the difference from elevating this team to the next level, the opportunity was there to acquire the right players and continue play the correct lineup (that was actually winning)
Just dont see with this team. They may go on a streak or so but in the end it wont matter if the fluke they even make the playoffs which is doubtful they lack the personal to make any difference
I still like the Vish trade, I still have faith in Murray. But he tied his own hands here. With Neids, and Selanne he had to try to add when we should have been selling.

The best thing that can probably happen to this team in the long run is both Selanne and Neids call it a career so we can move on and not promise anything to anyone going forward.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
I also want to say I don't think we are cooked on the season. But we certainly don't look good.

What I do want to say though is I think we are at a point where a coaching change needs to be made. It's been clear to me for a while that the core guys have tuned Carlyle out. There doesn't seem to be any fire in these guys. Just the motions.

I'll be the first to admit I have been a huge defender of Carlyle in the past. And I think he is a good coach. But as does happen, these guys are done with Carlyle.

Now if Murray continues to ignore this I will have a much bigger issue than just the crippling promises he makes to aging stars.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Bobby Smash

go all the way or not all. if anaheim is gona miss the playoffs, they might as well go on a 12 game losing streak. i dont want to see anaheim miss the playoffs by 1 point and pick 14th.

ps, start paying attention to what the flyers do the rest of the way.

... and i dont think that carlyle is the problem.

Bobby Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Degenerate191

I had a bad feeling our Canadian Olympians would come back looking unmotivated. It makes sense, I can imagine it would be difficult to amp yourself up after coming off such a huge high. Getz has been terrible.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Degenerate191

Lubo holding pucks in on the blueline brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:25 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

This game....

The good:

Lubo
Bobby
Blake

The bad:

Hiller
Beleskey
Getzlaf

The ugly:

Eminger
Wiz

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Unless the Ducks go on some huge winning streak, I think we are done.

Wow nice Hiller. Make a good glove save like usual to where it makes you look better than you actually played.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:26 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Eminger needs to go. Bring up anyone. Mitera, Mikkelson, **** for all I care bring up de Gray.

Just put Eminger's ass in the pressbox.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
This game....

The good:

Lubo
Bobby
Blake

The bad:

Hiller
Beleskey
Getzlaf

The ugly:

Eminger
Wiz
add to the ugly
Sexton

Old
03-06-2010, 10:30 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smash View Post

... and i dont think that carlyle is the problem.
Really? So when a vet like Lubo comes inand makes a comment about the coach teaching him the system and how "it's different" or how Ward makes a comment on how different the PK system is tonight you see no problem with Carlyle? These are two vets coming in who have played on various teams commenting on how different our system is. There is no way we should have 9 Olympians and the record we have.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Chexxum

Send a message via AIM to Chexxum
the ugly: Burke giving away a franchise goaltender to a division rival

Hopefully Bryz's shutout streak ends in the first period next game.

Chexxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexxum View Post
the ugly: Burke giving away a franchise goaltender to a division rival

Hopefully Bryz's shutout streak ends in the first period next game.
maybe you should blame the other 29 teams that had a chance to get him and all passed? What about Burke getting a superior goalie in Hiller?
He gets no blame here

Old
03-06-2010, 10:42 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfk711 View Post
Selanne with the hat trick tonight, 4-0 win
4-0.. You were right..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:47 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
maybe you should blame the other 29 teams that had a chance to get him and all passed? What about Burke getting a superior goalie in Hiller?
He gets no blame here
I'm pretty sure Phoenix was like 8th on the waiver priority list. That would mean only like 7 teams passed.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Chexxum

Send a message via AIM to Chexxum
Quote:
He gets no blame here
We don't know for sure that 29 other teams had no interest in Bryz. As for getting Hiller, Francois Allaire was actually the one that scouted him and followed his development for years in the Swiss league. Likewise, Hiller chose Anaheim over other teams because he wanted to work with Allaire.

Chexxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
I'm pretty sure Phoenix was like 8th on the waiver priority list. That would mean only like 7 teams passed.
He was offered around the league for anything before being waived just like any GM would do no team wanted to give up anything not even a 7th rd which Burke would have taken anything at that point

Old
03-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Really? So when a vet like Lubo comes inand makes a comment about the coach teaching him the system and how "it's different" or how Ward makes a comment on how different the PK system is tonight you see no problem with Carlyle? These are two vets coming in who have played on various teams commenting on how different our system is. There is no way we should have 9 Olympians and the record we have.
When did he make these comments?

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexxum View Post
We don't know for sure that 29 other teams had no interest in Bryz. As for getting Hiller, Francois Allaire was actually the one that scouted him and followed his development for years in the Swiss league. Likewise, Hiller chose Anaheim over other teams because he wanted to work with Allaire.

Well again common sense, Burke would not have waived Bryz if it wasnt for signing Hiller correct? So what more is there to blame how he handled the situation?

Old
03-06-2010, 11:27 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
He was offered around the league for anything before being waived just like any GM would do no team wanted to give up anything not even a 7th rd which Burke would have taken anything at that point
At a time when every GM in the league knew the Ducks were over a barrel salary cap wise with Scotty coming back and that there was a very good chance Bryzgalov would have to be put on waivers? Why would they give up a draft pick for an asset they had a chance to get for free?

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:34 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Lubo made it yesterday in the register. Ward made his during the 1st intermission interview.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
I also want to say I don't think we are cooked on the season. But we certainly don't look good.

What I do want to say though is I think we are at a point where a coaching change needs to be made. It's been clear to me for a while that the core guys have tuned Carlyle out. There doesn't seem to be any fire in these guys. Just the motions.

I'll be the first to admit I have been a huge defender of Carlyle in the past. And I think he is a good coach. But as does happen, these guys are done with Carlyle.

Now if Murray continues to ignore this I will have a much bigger issue than just the crippling promises he makes to aging stars.
They've been done with Carlyle for some time now, with the expected results. No one will say anything "outloud" they'll just play to lose., and force management's hand. Murray has ignored this, to point of spouting off some morale boosting comment how "many players will go through the turnstile, before this coach does."

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Thursday

Quote:“I come to the locker room and I look at the middle,” Visnovsky said of the Ducks’ logo on the floor of the room.

“I get a good feeling. I look at the names – (Scott) Niedermayer, (Ryan) Getzlaf and (Corey) Perry. Big names, you know? I enjoy this practice. Coach showed me the system and tried to show me everything … it’s different.”

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Dirk316

yeah the system is different, maybe we should adopt the system that Vis is used to over in Edmonton over a coach whos never had a bad year Are we complaining that Carlyle doesnt have the same system as 2 of the worst teams in the league now?

My complaint with Carlyle is just his recent change to the lineup by not using a shutdown line as his 3rd line other than that there has been only minor complaints Murray on the other hand has given him a defensive unit that was crap his trade deadline changes made it only slightly better

Old
03-07-2010, 12:00 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
At a time when every GM in the league knew the Ducks were over a barrel salary cap wise with Scotty coming back and that there was a very good chance Bryzgalov would have to be put on waivers? Why would they give up a draft pick for an asset they had a chance to get for free?
If I remember correctly, Bryzgalov had nothing to do with Scotty and the salary cap. He was a free agent the next offseason, and thus did not add to the tagging issues.

Burke put himself over a barrel by insisting that Bryzgalov be moved that that point in time. Because he was the one that made the promise to Hiller/Bryz that it would be sorted out then. Although there were rumors that Hiller would have left had it not been dealt with.

I believe that if Burke had waited a week or two, some other goalie got injured and there was a goalie trade. We could have moved Bryz then.

All that said, I don't really have too much of a problem with the way things shook out.
Quote:
Wheres all the in Murray we trust bandwagon?
We do not get a physical top 4 Dman and instead trade one offensive defenseman for another and all of a sudden Murray is a god!
We do not sell, our attempt at buying was a joke. Like ive been saying he seems content at being mediocre.
We cannot to dress Blake and Sexton in fact Sextons been brutal the last 10+ games he's played and im a huge fan of his. 3 scoring lines lets change the lineup thats actually working to make the team smaller and worse defensively
End of my rant because i already predicted this and only a few others agreed
On the bright side, even if we do fail and miss the playoffs, it's not like Murray gave away anything of value in his buying. The only big asset he moved was Whitney, but got back a guy who will be with the team just as long (3 years).

Pogge? 4th round picks? Nokelainen? Kampfer? No loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
I'm not sticking up for Carlyle or anything, but I don't really see how "it's different" comments really says anything good or bad about him. Of course vets are going to have adjustments in a new team. There's lots of different systems. It's not like there's only 1 successful system of anything.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote