HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help with a team logo

Old
03-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Pierre Gotye

vCash: 500
Help with a team logo

Hey guys our team name is Blazers. I would like to use this logo:

With the Oklahoma City part removed if possible. Can anyone removed it and send it to me?

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:08 AM
pike51

Send a message via Yahoo to pike51
Sorry I'm not gifted enough to remove the city but I found a couple of other options you may like:

This one is pretty cool if you can make changes. Remove the city name and change it to a hockey stick:

pike51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Skraut

Hope it helps.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:20 PM
jsykes

Did Oklahoma City give you permission to use the logo?

I realize that it may just be for a beer league and all, but you really should consider that these things are generally copyright protected and it should be respected.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:45 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post

Hope it helps.
Wow, thats very well done.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post

I realize that it may just be for a beer league and all, but you really should consider that these things are generally copyright protected and it should be respected.
As a Designer, who copyrights a lot, I say----It's Men's league Hockey!!!!!!!
theoretically, the logo has changed......

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Webernaut

The NHL and other hockey organizations are not like the MLB they don't come after little leagues and beer leagues for copyright infringement.

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:13 PM
ryangib

Quote:

wow.

ryangib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
As a Designer, who copyrights a lot, I say----It's Men's league Hockey!!!!!!!
theoretically, the logo has changed......
Wow, I find that amazing and you must not be that proud of your work if you would not want it protected. Its changed, but if push came to shove, you and I both know that argument would not hold water.

I just like to put that out there. As a person whose income and life is based on copyrighted material, I tend to take it seriously and want to respect others as best I can.

Of course, I'm probably the only person on this site that doesnt have a single piece of pirated software or downloaded song or movie.

Is it really that hard or you have no one on your team with enough imagination to come up with your own logo?

And dont bother answering that or yelling at me or arguing your side or anything like that as I'm not going to argue. As I said, I just like to put those thoughts out there as I think its an important thing to respect the intellectual property of others.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Pierre Gotye

Pike51 and Skraut:

Hey guys, thanks a lot! These are a lot better than our original options.

Old
03-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:

OKC Blazers is defunct anyways.

I am not in the business of selling(or making any kind of profit)off this logo anyways, it's just to use as a team logo.

Last edited by Pierre Gotye: 03-02-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old
03-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike51 View Post
Sorry I'm not gifted enough to remove the city but I found a couple of other options you may like:

This one is pretty cool if you can make changes. Remove the city name and change it to a hockey stick:
Any chance you could make the top logo Red instead of Orange, and modify the bottom logo by removing the Boston and making the lacrosse stick into a hockey stick?

Old
03-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Pierre Gotye

I'm not big of the Kamloops Blazers mod, but I definitely prefer the top one so far.

Old
03-03-2010, 08:09 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
Wow, I find that amazing and you must not be that proud of your work if you would not want it protected. Its changed, but if push came to shove, you and I both know that argument would not hold water.

I just like to put that out there. As a person whose income and life is based on copyrighted material, I tend to take it seriously and want to respect others as best I can.

Of course, I'm probably the only person on this site that doesnt have a single piece of pirated software or downloaded song or movie.

Is it really that hard or you have no one on your team with enough imagination to come up with your own logo?

And dont bother answering that or yelling at me or arguing your side or anything like that as I'm not going to argue. As I said, I just like to put those thoughts out there as I think its an important thing to respect the intellectual property of others.
I understand what you mean, but like someone said, they are not using it for profit. Imitation is also a form of flattery. I am plenty proud of my work, and i guess the only thing that would/has pissed me off is when someone takes credit for my work. Mainly patents and such. But even in that case of patents especially in my industry, you change something simple, whether it be design or manufacturing, a new patent can be issued. it's happens all the time.
I get what your saying, and your not going to get an argument, some people are more sensitive then others when it comes to proprietary. It always depends. I made a bunch of logos in the last 2-3 years, and it is a change of pace from my main job, so i welcome the opportunity, whether it be modifying an existing logo to make it sport centric (company Sponsors) or using my existing work..
Even in my job, i work for a pretty large company, and have to create renderings and use what ever images i can to get the concept out. Unless it becomes production (for Profit), we use any image we can find to get the concept across. If they actually chose that concept, and go with our Artwork(not likely since it usually goes to and Agency) the image will then be purchased. This is par for the course i guess....Done the same way everywhere in the industry.

DTW, the guys on my team are useless when it comes to any form of Art...Friggin Lawyers, Phar sales reps, Dentist and what have you... Makes for a funny locker room though

Last edited by JRZ DVLS: 03-03-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old
03-03-2010, 03:04 PM
nickerjones

Send a message via AIM to nickerjones Send a message via Yahoo to nickerjones
Quote:

BTW they dont even exist anymore.. they folded last year.... Not that it matter s with copyrights but just saying its not that big of deal .....

nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Pierre Gotye

Hey guys, got our team jerseys today, I was really happy with how they turned out!

http://twitpic.com/16zpld

http://twitpic.com/16zpeg

Old
03-08-2010, 01:44 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Wow!!! Thats quick turn around..... Mine usually take 2 weeks. But we got some pretty nice ones last time. We went with the Athletic Knit Bruins 1972 with ties, and it came out sweet....

Old
03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Your jerseys came out really nicely! I'm impressed.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote