Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

QMJHL 2011 Contenders for the Presidents Cup

Old
06-14-2010, 09:33 AM
shea

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
Benjamin Casavant, Joël Champagne and Chris Doyle were in PEI in the beginning of the last season. All of them were released by their pro teams.
You can add Jordon Southorn to that list as well, he was let go as well. The only player that signed that played for PEI last year was Marco Cousineau.
The issue with PEI is Savard.

shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Darjeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by shea View Post
You can add Jordon Southorn to that list as well, he was let go as well. The only player that signed that played for PEI last year was Marco Cousineau.
The issue with PEI is Savard.
I'm not sure S. Savard has something to do with it.

Last edited by Darjeeling: 06-14-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Darjeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:57 PM
montrealhp

Quote:
Kindl is soft as butter.
I didn't watch or notice him mutch during the season so your "soft as butter" comment may be true. But from what I saw in the playoffs, this guy seemed to play with a bit of an edge. He might not drop the gloves and fight but for a 17 year old he seemed able to hold his own along the boards and in front of the net.

montrealhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:41 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Benjamin Casavant, Joël Champagne and Chris Doyle were in PEI in the beginning of the last season. All of them were released by their pro teams.
But Casavant was released on purpose one year before the due date. That's odd because it doesn't happen that often. They could have kept his rights until next summer.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Darjeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealhp View Post
I didn't watch or notice him mutch during the season so your "soft as butter" comment may be true. But from what I saw in the playoffs, this guy seemed to play with a bit of an edge. He might not drop the gloves and fight but for a 17 year old he seemed able to hold his own along the boards and in front of the net.
Kindl likes to overhandle the puck in all 3 zones.

Darjeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:24 AM
peicurler91

Quote:
I didn't know Champagne was released. But none of them ever tried, they didn't seem to like it here. And Doyle was just a trouble maker off the ice

Rocket fans on Rockettalk have already given up on the team. Gotta love "loyal" fans

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 08:39 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by peicurler91 View Post
I didn't know Champagne was released. But none of them ever tried, they didn't seem to like it here. And Doyle was just a trouble maker off the ice

Rocket fans on Rockettalk have already given up on the team. Gotta love "loyal" fans

Already given up on the team? The team has been here 7 years and only got past the 1st round once and that was in the first year, if anything the fans have given Savard more chances than he would have been given in other cities. Fans here are loyal as they've stuck by the team for those 7 years without ever having a contending team let alone a winning one and at some point would like to be rewarded for that loyalty at least once instead of having it taken for granted. If Savard was a gm/president for any other team that wasn't family owned he would have been fired long ago.

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 06:53 AM
jboyz

top 5 standings league

1 Quebec
2 Bathurst
3 Saint John
4 Drummondville
5 Cape Breton

jboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Habsfan22100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboyz View Post
1 Quebec
2 Bathurst
3 Saint John
4 Drummondville
5 Cape Breton
Cape Breton? Seriously?

Habsfan22100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 02:12 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish22100 View Post
Cape Breton? Seriously?
Quebec ?

Where are Gatineau and Montreal ?

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Skylimit

1- Quebec
2- St-Jean
3- Rimouski
4- Bathurst
5- Gatineau
6- Montréal

Skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Haligonian
---------

Quote:
1 Quebec
2 Bathurst
3 Saint John
4 Drummondville
5 Cape Breton
Cape Breton wont finish near the top 5..

Haligonian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
MarcPiquesFan

My personnal top 5 :
1. Bathurst
2. Rimouski
3. Gatineau
4. Montréal
5. Saint-John
18. Moncton XD

If Riki can find a true #1, they'll finish 1st by far. But actually, the only reason I place Bathurst in front of Riki, it's because of Olivier Roy. I don't see Quebec in the top 5 this season... I think they'll show better hockey then last year, but they don't have the talent they had last year... I predict a suprise season for Lewiston, the only ? is Champion... I see the best and the worst of him in playoffs in the past two seasons. Which Champion we would see this season? I hope it will be the one from two year back for the Iacs fans.

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 11:31 PM
MarcPiquesFan

BTW, a friend of mine from Rimouski told me that Lévesque + 4th goes to PEI in return of OA Jarrad Struthers.

Old
07-14-2010, 06:31 AM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

yes Gatineau is a team going to make a strong run at the cup

most of the team coming back, Deslarisers, Morneau, and the russian being added, along with Taylor Burke, Lafontaine, who will not make a big impact next but the team is looking VERY VERY strong for a run....along with Benoit Groulx back as coach.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 07:17 AM
ace111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
My personnal top 5 :
1. Bathurst
2. Rimouski
3. Gatineau
4. Montréal
5. Saint-John
18. Moncton XD

If Riki can find a true #1, they'll finish 1st by far. But actually, the only reason I place Bathurst in front of Riki, it's because of Olivier Roy. I don't see Quebec in the top 5 this season... I think they'll show better hockey then last year, but they don't have the talent they had last year... I predict a suprise season for Lewiston, the only ? is Champion... I see the best and the worst of him in playoffs in the past two seasons. Which Champion we would see this season? I hope it will be the one from two year back for the Iacs fans.
I am not sure what the XD means behind Moncton finishing last is but I am hoping thats not a serious prediction. We don';t have a team to contend anymore but I seriously doubt we finsish last.

Hrivik, Kabanov (highly unlikely he makes NHL) saulnier brothers, Stephens, Jodoin, Gormley, Downe, D'Aoust (hopefully healthy) just name a few of the returnees. Not to mention some of our picks from the last couple of years.
Our third and 4th lines are going to be nasty to play against with:
MacMillan, Trask and Roski
Howe, Tomah and Malone
We won't be an offensive juggernaught by any stretch but now ay the Cats finish last. Sorry to burst your bubble.

ace111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peicurler91 View Post

Are you kidding me?

Any other Maritime city would or ran Savard out of town years ago....PEI's fans have put up with way more crap then any Q team should have to from management in terms of completely mismanaging assets and making poor decisions.

Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Jack Bauer

Quote:
1 Quebec
2 Bathurst
3 Saint John
4 Drummondville
5 Cape Breton

Wanna bet?

Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace111 View Post
I am not sure what the XD means behind Moncton finishing last is but I am hoping thats not a serious prediction. We don';t have a team to contend anymore but I seriously doubt we finsish last.

Hrivik, Kabanov (highly unlikely he makes NHL) saulnier brothers, Stephens, Jodoin, Gormley, Downe, D'Aoust (hopefully healthy) just name a few of the returnees. Not to mention some of our picks from the last couple of years.
Howe, Tomah and Malone
We won't be an offensive juggernaught by any stretch but now ay the Cats finish last. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Yeah, I'm thinking the Cats will finish somewhere in the 7-10 hole.
How about this for the Saulnier twins.
http://timestranscript.canadaeast.co...rticle/1134485
I remember after they lead the AAA Flyers to the Atlantic Championship one of the so called experts on this board telling me that they'd never be Q players because they were passed over in their 1st go round in the Q draft.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 09:19 AM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:

Howe, Tomah and Malone
I was just kidding, Moncton will never finish 18 this year, never with Danny Flynn. I was just exaggerating the fact that they lost a lot of their player this summer. Nothing against this organisation and I predict them easily a playoff spot.

Old
07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
ace111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
I was just kidding, Moncton will never finish 18 this year, never with Danny Flynn. I was just exaggerating the fact that they lost a lot of their player this summer. Nothing against this organisation and I predict them easily a playoff spot.

I thought you were joking as you seem to be a knowledgable Q poster. But sometimes you can never tell online.
You are definately right about Flynn he is a very good coach, but his coaching style is boring. I have had season tickets for 7 years now and its not offensive minded at all. Not very ofter will we blow teams away with offence. BUT he gets his players to buy in which is half the battle.

Old
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
DTUCKER16

Quote:

Howe, Tomah and Malone
so how is Kabanov going to be welcomed back in the dressong room? Did the Cats really send him home last yr? Then Russian Jr team send him home? Then didn't his agent drop him? mmmm sounds like trouble

DTUCKER16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:09 AM
ace111

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTUCKER16 View Post
so how is Kabanov going to be welcomed back in the dressong room? Did the Cats really send him home last yr? Then Russian Jr team send him home? Then didn't his agent drop him? mmmm sounds like trouble
The part that a lot of people forget is that these are still kids. They have a lot of pressure on them from the day they are drafted, some more than others. I really don't think that there will be an issue.
When we were kid how often did you fight with friends only to welcome them back a few days/weeks later. If he will help you win and is a god teammate there will be no problems. And if there is that is what the coaching staff and captains are for.
I think the captains and the coaches just let it go on for too long before it blew up in their face. I do not think Kavanov is innocent of all charges either but from the guys I have talked to he was a good guy.
You have to remember when he got to Moncton he was one of the most hyped players to play for the Cats that I can remember. The amount of press that he got was unreal. Not to mention their hair brained idea to give him a nickname through fan ideas. The kid was a star without having to do anything. I don't know about you but I know at 17 being a small fish in a big pond going to being a BIG fish in a little pond will get to you without the proper guidance.

Old
07-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Alpine

Quote:
The part that a lot of people forget is that these are still kids. They have a lot of pressure on them from the day they are drafted, some more than others. I really don't think that there will be an issue.
When we were kid how often did you fight with friends only to welcome them back a few days/weeks later. If he will help you win and is a god teammate there will be no problems. And if there is that is what the coaching staff and captains are for.
I think the captains and the coaches just let it go on for too long before it blew up in their face. I do not think Kavanov is innocent of all charges either but from the guys I have talked to he was a good guy.
You have to remember when he got to Moncton he was one of the most hyped players to play for the Cats that I can remember. The amount of press that he got was unreal. Not to mention their hair brained idea to give him a nickname through fan ideas. The kid was a star without having to do anything. I don't know about you but I know at 17 being a small fish in a big pond going to being a BIG fish in a little pond will get to you without the proper guidance.
The thing is IT'S UP TO HIM.
He had a troubled season with release issues, injury issues and suffered through being benched.
He will either grow or wilt from last seasons experience. He will get a 2nd chance.
It's up to HIM and no-one else to take advantage of the chance.
Wish him a break-out season.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:20 AM
ace111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
The thing is IT'S UP TO HIM.
He had a troubled season with release issues, injury issues and suffered through being benched.
He will either grow or wilt from last seasons experience. He will get a 2nd chance.
It's up to HIM and no-one else to take advantage of the chance.
Wish him a break-out season.

I agree that it is up to him. But there are other factors that made it more difficult then normal. Also if his father wasn't such a drama queen there would not have been nearly as many issues. From everything I have heard it was his father causing "most" of the behind the scenes issues. I am NOT excusing Kabanov. As it was him that didnt come back out after a tongue lashing from Savard vs CB. But I hope that him realising that he needs this chance and that the coaches and teammates won't put up with his antics and he needs to play and earn the ice time. it wont just be handed over to him.
Either way I am happy that we should have a determined/pissed off Russian who wants to prove himself.