HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Habs - 3/6/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
03-07-2010, 01:29 AM
ukyo

vCash: 500
The Kings needed a loss like this to show them the difference between a comfortable team playing "well" and a DESPERATE team already playing playoff hockey. Hopefully this combined with the Nashville loss wake some of these guys up.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I have written the entire post game in French. Since we were their ***** tonight, it seems only right.

http://lakingsnews.com/2010/03/06/le...les-kings-4-2/
Pretty much spot on. Needed more Jones hate though... Either way, good job, and kudos on the French.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:32 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

this should be a wake up call for the kings.

And i'm not sure why so many are accusing quick of having a terrible game. He's been consistently making big saves for the team. The problem was the team's overall lack of sharpness in their play and a glaring inability to clear the front of the net against a smaller team.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
The Kings needed a loss like this to show them the difference between a comfortable team playing "well" and a DESPERATE team already playing playoff hockey. Hopefully this combined with the Nashville loss wake some of these guys up.
I know what you're saying, but you would think the Nashville game would have accomplished that.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:39 AM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I know what you're saying, but you would think the Nashville game would have accomplished that.
The Kings flat out stunk against Nashville. In this game, the Kings played good hockey but were facing a team that was playing desperate hockey.

The Nashville game was a "let's start playing like we know we can" wakeup call. This was an "even that ain't good enough for the playoffs" one.

Old
03-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
The Kings flat out stunk against Nashville. In this game, the Kings played good hockey but were facing a team that was playing desperate hockey.

The Nashville game was a "let's start playing like we know we can" wakeup call. This was an "even that ain't good enough for the playoffs" one.
I disagree that they played well this game. They didn't even turn it on until about halfway into the third, and even then it was a lower degree of "turning it on" than we've seen before. That was just not good hockey out there by the Kings tonight.

Old
03-07-2010, 03:18 AM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I disagree that they played well this game. They didn't even turn it on until about halfway into the third, and even then it was a lower degree of "turning it on" than we've seen before. That was just not good hockey out there by the Kings tonight.
Well, whatever it was, it was a whole lot better than what it was against Nashville, but still not good enough for the playoffs or to win tonight. I got the impression that the Kings played their usually-good-enough-to-win game but was up against a team that was playing as if their playoff hopes depended on it.

Old
03-07-2010, 04:02 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Again, I don't see where it takes an act of Congress to give the guy a game off once in a while. At this point, it's just confounding.
The guy's only played 3 games since the Olympic Break. What are you smoking?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:04 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

This team can't fall to 6-8th, because getting swept by San Jose/Chicago/Vancouver first round accomplishes nothing.

Murray needs to pull his head out of his ****ing ass and put back together lines that actually work. Put Richardson-Kopitar-Simmonds back together for all I ****ing care. Just for the love of Christ take Brown off the first line. THIS HASN'T WORKED ALL YEAR WHY WOULD IT NOW.

Quick let's in two rusty softies. Doughty makes dead tired giveaways. **** the Olympics.

Welcome to playoff hockey, Los Angeles Kings. Will you man the **** up or not?

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:12 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

What a horrible game. Quick was not in the game from the start. I thought smyth had his worst game of the season. Murray changing lines again. WTF. I like Murray but come on. This is getting out of control. Frolov has been on fire. Why mess with his line? He finally starts to show some motivation and murray changes it up on him. i dont get it.

smyth-kopitar-simmonds
frolov-handzus-stoll
modin-richardson-brown
clune-halpren-parse

Am I wrong to say that these lines seem like the obvious choice? And why did he switch up the defensive pairings? I do not like drew and jack together. They both need a "stay at home" dman to be paired with. Gives them both more opportunities to jump into the play. I hope next game things are different. cant wait to get williams back at 100%.

smyth-kopitar-williams
frolov-handzus-simmonds
modin-stoll-brown
richardson-halpren-clune

Now that looks good.....

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 05:44 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

LA Kings Stumbling Out of Olympic Break After 4-2 Loss To Montreal

Frozen Royalty Audio and NHL Video: LA Kings Stumbling Out of Olympic Break After 4-2 Loss To Montreal

Audio interviews with Kopitar, Halpern, Smyth and Terry Murray...

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Our PP doesn't even generate chances.

I have never seen two players play as bad as Brown and Stoll do on the PP, yet they continue to be thrown out there, like its going to work. Jamie Kompon is King Sisyphus and these two are the rock.

Two plays in particular stood out, Brown's spin-o-rama move to take the puck behind the net when he had a clear path to the goal.

And Stoll's ridiculous backhand "shot" if you can call it that, on the PP that flubbed towards two Habs players and was easily cleared, killed some momentum the Kings had, but thats what happens when you have a 3rd line center with minimal offensive skills as the shooter on your PP.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:33 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

why did TM change up the PP? I thought JJ & DD on the back end was solid, it worked in Dallas? leave to TM & Jamie Kompon to fugg things up when it's going well, I don't even know how Kompon still has a job

oh and Terry Murray cracking jokes in the post-game, what a loser, guess what buddy, you miss the playoffs and you lose your jobs, I hope you realize that. Thanks for implementing a good defensive system, but in all honesty, it's time we move on, we need a new head coach. Brown & Kopitar isn't working, yet he keeps them on the same line??

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:05 AM
VictoryRose

they looked like a young team that knew they were the late game on HNiC.

And Kevin Weekes was wearing a lot of pink.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:09 AM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Thanks for implementing a good defensive system, but in all honesty, it's time we move on, we need a new head coach.

Single dumbest **** I have ever read.

1 Washington
2 San Jose
3 Chicago
4 Phoenix
5 Pittsburgh
6 Vancouver
7 Los Angeles

7th in the league, after losing two games in a row, and "it's time for a new head coach" ? What a joke. If anything TM has the opportunity to be a Jack Adams finalist w/ Tippett and maybe Trotz. Corey Clouston too. Everyone else on that list is usual suspect. Actually the finalists today would be Clouston and DT. Trotz, TM, and maybe, maybe Ruff (tho he just won four years ago) would have a shot for third finalist.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Dont think I have ever been this frustrated at the coaching staff. I dont know the first thing about coaching an NHL team, so I don't try and be an NHL coach. Shame Murray can't follow my example.

I disagree with the notion of playing Ersberg against Columbus. Quick is the better keeper and he doesnt need a rest. He has been so consistent the past few months, when was the last time Quick had a super bad game and was pulled? We stick with Quick to give us the best shot at winning

Kopitar is better at defence than Randy Jones, and im not kidding sadly

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It will be game 65 tomorrow and the Kings coaching staff still doesn't know what lines work. It shouldn't take this many games to figure it out. The Kings have only 1 injured starter, yet Murray changes lines every game. He doesn't even have his defensive pairs set. This is going to be a disaster if the Kings make the playoffs, there is no chemistry with the Kings lines right now. He has established NHLers playing on their off wing for no reason.

Dean better not extend Murray's contract. We need a coach who understands the new NHL game and systems.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
The announcer from the Center Ice broadcast nailed it to the head..........

"And again Rugby in the offense zone"
They meant that regular wrestling at the boards........

Man i hate Murray as a head coach.
Sure the team knows how to play defense now but they sacrifize
the offense game.

Murray would be a perfect defense coach but is useless as a head coach
But again........... it's getting old

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Ollie Weeks

My buddy was a little unnerved, cause I was laughing all the way through this one. What an abortion of a hockey game, right from the first shift, courtesy of Jack Johnson. Randy Jones is an emergency every time he steps on the ice. EVERY TIME Quick handles the puck we're in trouble. EVERY TIME.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
The habs have had our number since '93. I am not 1% worried.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Holy last years kings Batman!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Chazz Reinhold

The difference in intensity in the Chicago-Detroit game is just night and day compared to the Kings game last night. Chicago is obviously in the playoffs, yet they're playing their ***** off right now. It's a shame the Kings can't do the same thing.

Old
03-07-2010, 11:56 AM
ILUVTHISGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I have written the entire post game in French. Since we were their ***** tonight, it seems only right.

http://lakingsnews.com/2010/03/06/le...les-kings-4-2/

That is too funny Zad! *giggling*
Reading it in French and translating it to English is freaking hilarious!!
What translation app did you use? lol

ILUVTHISGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Johnny Utah

Johnson and Doughty do not work together at even strength.

Frolov should not be at RW.

Simmonds-Handzus-Modin is slow as hell.

Brown does not have chemistry with Kopitar like he did 2 years ago with O'Sully and Kopitar.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 12:06 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I think the main issue last night was the Kings couldn't make 3 passes in a row stick-to-stick to save their lives. Hence, no flow to their game coming out of their own zone, no five man attack, just Montreal being able to clog up the neutral zone, and the Kings weren't doing a good job of punishing the Montreal defense on the dump ins.

There was only a small number of times the Kings dumped the puck in, forced a turnover, and then started a cycle last night. When they are on their game the Kings are one of the best cycling teams in the NHL. They didn't have it last night.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote