HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leblanc's Team Wins Round 1 ECAC Playoffs

Old
03-06-2010, 08:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Leblanc's Team Wins Round 1 ECAC Playoffs

Louis Leblanc's team, Havard won the opening round of the ECAC playoffs, over rival Princeton in the sweep, 2-0. Leblanc had 2 assists in the 2 games, not sure who was in on the 3rd goal. He was 1 for 12 in the face-off circle, but the games just about to end. 3-0 for Havard.

Edit: it's official, Havard wins, will advance to round 2, will have to wait till tomorrow night to see who they will face next week, Havard will be on the road to start round 2.

Dartmouth looks like they are going to force a game 3 at home tomorrow night, so Joe Stejskal and Dustin Walsh will play at least one more game this season. Walsh had a goal last night in the loss, 3-2. Up 6-2 tonight.

Greg Pateryn should see his team Michigan sweep tonight as well. 6-0 after 2, so it's safe to say they will advance to round 2.

the WHCA playoff matchups aren't set yet, will be in a few hours.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 08:20 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

jesus christ dont know if the stats sheet his right but 1/14 in faceoff....yikes

btw draft related note, Danny Biega with a goal and assist tonight and also had a goal yesterday in harvard come from behind win (he was rank 31st in CSS mid-term ranking)

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 08:34 PM
habtastic

Despite that faceoff stat (can be worked on, or maybe just inury-related/anomaly), I for one am very excited to one day have Leblanc with us. People may harp on the league he's playing in, but he's very much what we need. Skill, scoring ability in spades and most of all, very very smart (not just academically, but with a good hockey sense). Most of the great players have this, very underrated quality. He will know how to improve his game, when to do what he needs to and once he blossoms, how to control the game.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Nedved

does anyone know what his percentage on the faceoff was all season? and did you watch the game? how did leblanc look?

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

What info do you have on Dustin Walsh ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:01 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
jesus christ dont know if the stats sheet his right but 1/14 in faceoff....yikes
Let's transform him into a D-man just like Markov...

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 10:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

It's official, Kristo vs Fischer next weekend in round 1 of the WCHA playoffs. Friday/Saturday at ND, if neccessary game 3 on Sunday at Minnesota.

Should be a good series, hope to see Kristo do well and advance to the WCHA Final 5, for Fischer if his team is knocked out his NCAA career will be over. Guess he will be Hamilton bound.

Patrick Johnson and Wisconsin will face either Minnesota St or AAU, at home next weekend in the best of 3.

Scott Kishel and his UMD Bulldogs will face Colorado College in what should be a tough series. UMD has home ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
does anyone know what his percentage on the faceoff was all season? and did you watch the game? how did leblanc look?
no I didin't see the game. I don't know what his % was for the year, but he seems to be good in the face-off circle for the most part, sans tonights game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What info do you have on Dustin Walsh ?
I didn't see the game but I have seen him this year, he's tall but lanky, moves well and seems to have good hands. He was playing center but I heard he got moved to the wing. Missed some 10 games this year to injury out of 30 games.

I did have the chance to talk to a scout from Mckeens about him after the draft and he spoke very highly of him, said he thought it was a smart move to get him in the 6th round, thinks he was underscouted in the OPJHL since he spent most of the year with Trenton. I don't follow the OPJHL at all, so I don't know how much it's scouted other then the few players I happen to hear about for the draft.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Next Best Thing*

I'm not rooting against Fischer's team but I wouldn't mind him seeing some time in Hamilton under Boucher asap. and contribute to a Calder cup.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 06:56 AM
WestIslander

I was watching this kid last night and he seems small! Can anyone correct me if I am wrong, but I think he is under six feet tall.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I'm not rooting against Fischer's team but I wouldn't mind him seeing some time in Hamilton under Boucher asap. and contribute to a Calder cup.
It's the best case scenario to see ND advancing and Minny being eliminated. 'Cause it will give more playoff experience to Kristo and 'cause we'll be finally settle on Fischer. Though I am totally expecting to see them signing him. At least, they'll see him practicing with the team.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 07:19 AM
habtastic

Louis Leblanc
Center
Born Jan 26 1991 -- Pointe-Claire, PQ
Height 6.00 -- Weight 178 -- Shoots R

1991 my god that just seems absurd and very close to our last cup. I feel old. He's 19....got a lot of time to put on some thickness. He plays like he's taller. Good reach. I don't see him as the type to be bolwing over people, rather skating around/through them. Look at St. Louis. Man is that guy good (would way rather have him over Lecav)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 07:23 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Despite that faceoff stat (can be worked on, or maybe just inury-related/anomaly), I for one am very excited to one day have Leblanc with us. People may harp on the league he's playing in, but he's very much what we need. Skill, scoring ability in spades and most of all, very very smart (not just academically, but with a good hockey sense). Most of the great players have this, very underrated quality. He will know how to improve his game, when to do what he needs to and once he blossoms, how to control the game.
I like the gritty way he play too, he can really be a player similar to Richards, a 2 way player who can put points on the board.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Kjell Dahlin

I don’t think it was “thread worthy” so I will post it here:

Thanks to Mathias Brunet from cyberpresse.ca (he provided the link in his blog), I just found out that Leblanc was named Ivy League Rookie of the Year: http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice...100304_all-ivy

The more I read (for instance: all the reports of him playing with "grits"/intensity) about Leblanc, the more pleased I am!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote