HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Win 4-2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2010, 01:38 AM
  #126
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,484
vCash: 500
That is one sad PGT.
I don't get this.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:39 AM
  #127
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
You're starting to sound alot like those idiots on RDS/CKAC that measure a goalie's performance on W/L not the way the play.

Goalie A gets 40 shots and loses 1-0
Goalie B gets 20 low-danger shots and wins 5-0

GoalieB>>>Goalie A In your opinion?

Goalies can't score goals. Thier job is to stop the puck and that's exactlly what Price did yesterday but unfortunatlly his team didn't do their part.
lol. their numbers are almost the same. the only major difference is wins. thats it man.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:40 AM
  #128
totalrecall
 
totalrecall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
You people know me to well. I have a perfect question to end this night

So who is better Halak or Price?


*runs away*

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:40 AM
  #129
thetrueblack
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Don't buy it with Gorges. Overachieved a space to end up on the bottom fringe of our top-4; but usually freezes up with the puck, especially in his own corner. Backs in for dear life sometimes, lets forwards play on top of him. Doesn't seem overly strong. Think he is a complimentary 5th or 6th tops.

If we move PK for Spacek somehow, could be a nicer group.

Markov has to somehow elevate and take command down the stretch. Last couple of games the team was begging for someone to grab the game by the throat and kill it off. No-one really did.

thetrueblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:41 AM
  #130
68
Registered User
 
68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
What's the reason?
Halak is the better goalie this season. Simple as that.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:41 AM
  #131
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
lol. their numbers are almost the same. the only major difference is wins. thats it man.
Ok im going to stop arguing with you because there's no point. In your eyes Quick is the best goalie in the league because he has the most wins.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:43 AM
  #132
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
I agree with Kelly Hrudy's assessment of the Montreal goalies a month or so ago on the Hotstove on CBC when Hrudy said if Montreal had a competitive team he would keep Halak but if the team wasn't going to competitive for another five years or so he would go with Price. Hrudey said he would keep Price if he had to make the choice and trade Halak. Milbury was slightly mind-blown by that thought, somehow the idea of thinking that far ahead was too much for him. (more or less from memory only).

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:45 AM
  #133
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,879
vCash: 500
So is anybody going to talk about the game or just obsess over goaltending?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:45 AM
  #134
68
Registered User
 
68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Fixed.
No. Don't fix it, it doesn't need fixing. Halak IS the better goalie this season. The stats are from the beginning of the season to now. They don't start from December.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:45 AM
  #135
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
So is anybody going to talk about the game or just obsess over goaltending?
lol... great game?

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:47 AM
  #136
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
So is anybody going to talk about the game or just obsess over goaltending?
It's more fun to talk about goalies. Lol the game was pretty boring, we dominated it.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:47 AM
  #137
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Ok im going to stop arguing with you because there's no point. In your eyes Quick is the best goalie in the league because he has the most wins.
no. i dont think he is. i do however think he is the best chance to get the kings wins and he shows that. thats why he plays more games and is their clearcut number 1. each teams goaltending situation is different. we have a great one. two amazing goalies who both deserve to play. so winning is what gets you to keep on playing until we have a clear number 1.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:49 AM
  #138
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,631
vCash: 500
I think this thread should be merged with the b.s. cesspool that is the price vs halak thread

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:50 AM
  #139
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,861
vCash: 500
There seems to be a goaltending controversy...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:51 AM
  #140
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Hrudey talked about it again tonight (or was it Healey). Great to have 2 young goalies who can do the job.

OT: Pretty good game tonight

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:55 AM
  #141
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Tonight's stars:

Gomez
Pouliot
Gionta
Pyatt!!!
Halak/Price (why splitting them up)
Gill

Anyone else?

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:56 AM
  #142
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Comparing goalies based on Wins/Losses is generally stupid BUT since both guys play for the same team it's interesting.

There's a reason why Halak is 18-10-2 and Price is 13-19-4. And no it's not because the team plays better in front of Halak, I don't want to hear that ******** excuse.

Anyway it doesn't matter, Halak has the better record, the better save percentage and the better goal allowed average.
Well goal support really matter sometimes and Price would be a lot closer in win-loss total if not for that. Otherwise, I agre Halak is the better option. But why must people downplay either of the two? Price had a gem of a performance in San Jose and people still want to say he choked and doesn't know how to win? GTFO of here to those I say.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:57 AM
  #143
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 23,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Umm I never said that. I said it was because of Price's strong play. I never ever mentioned Halak playing poorly in that post. But sure, bend what I stated again to try and prove your point.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth Mr. Unbiased poster!
Hahahahaha... In October? We are talking about October 2009, right? I already said my piece on that one, and there's a reason they finally went to Halak after the Ottawa game, and it wasn't just to "shake up the team".

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 01:58 AM
  #144
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,809
vCash: 500
Price 4 Life.

Halak it a lot.

Price's glove hand sucks!

Halak is a rebound machine!

Wait, what? There are other players who play for the Canadiens aside from the goalies?

Gomez is overpaid!

Fire Martin!

Gainey :

mod edit: no need for a million double posts.


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 03-07-2010 at 04:44 AM.
holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:01 AM
  #145
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,861
vCash: 500
...but who gets the start in nets for the opener if the Habs clinch a playoff spot ?

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:04 AM
  #146
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
...but who gets the start in nets for the opener if the Habs clinch a playoff spot ?
The one who won last. And if we lose in 4, they'll both play twice.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:11 AM
  #147
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Hahahahaha... In October? We are talking about October 2009, right? I already said my piece on that one, and there's a reason they finally went to Halak after the Ottawa game, and it wasn't just to "shake up the team".
Again, I was referencing November. But since you can't seem to get that and continue to try and pick at things that I didn't say, I'm done arguing with you. Like I said, there is a reason Halak only got one game in November and that's because Price out played him in that month.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:17 AM
  #148
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Can't wait for Cammy to return. But honestly, our forwards are really small. Western teams really use the body well against us.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:19 AM
  #149
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Game two of our west coast trip following the Habs. Much happier with this result

First time at the Staples Centre. I liked our seats in section 210 (Habs shot twice). Lots of Habs fans in attendance. My daughter got a go habs go cheer going several times. Oddly not much response from the "sellout" crowd of 18,000+ (lots of empty seats?)

The Habs fans in front of us really got into this one Kings fan's head. Lots of funny one liners

Back to the game . .

Won't comment about goaltenders since it was not really a key component in this game

Lots of chances when the Habs storm the net. Horrible giveaway on the Habs first by Johnson

Nice goal by Kopitar

Looked to me like the defender got a piece of Moore's shot changing direction.

Glad to see the Habs hold the lead unlike the game in SJ. Looked for a bit like they were heading the same way again

On to the Honda tomorrow. Lets cook some Ducks

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 02:21 AM
  #150
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
...but who gets the start in nets for the opener if the Habs clinch a playoff spot ?
whoevers hottest

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.