HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Blog says Coyotes are moving to Winnipeg

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
No i can follow along, all I was trying to do was refer you to somewhat good news rather than all the crap we've been reading. I think you took my point in a different way that I had intended you to, I was offering some clarity on the situation.
Doug Moss has his hands entirely tied. We won't know how this settles until an official announcement has been made. About all we can do is just focus on the playoffs. I see no need to give every hack (especially one as bad as this) attention by fretting over rumors.

Old
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Doug Moss has his hands entirely tied. We won't know how this settles until an official announcement has been made. About all we can do is just focus on the playoffs. I see no need to give every hack (especially one as bad as this) attention by fretting over rumors.
yikes, tough crowd. I agree with what you say about denying attention to the rumors that are surfacing from a clearly unreliable website, but there are some people on this board that don't think the same ways you and I do, and it has kind of scared them. That's why I am offering any type of positive news I can come across, and coming from the president of the Coyotes, I would consider it fairly good news.

Old
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
kingbrutis

Is JB trying to steal the team again for KC?

Old
03-08-2010, 07:39 PM
gemini617az

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
Good luck the rest of the way.
TY! Same to you

Old
03-08-2010, 07:46 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
That's why I am offering any type of positive news I can come across, and coming from the president of the Coyotes, I would consider it fairly good news.
I guess you don't have a whole lot of experience with politics and/or corporate mergers/acquisitions which is what this essentially is. Doug Moss saying "the focus is on Glendale" does absolutely nothing to refute the chance of moving to Winnipeg. Lawyer talk, if you will.

Old
03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
I guess you don't have a whole lot of experience with politics and/or corporate mergers/acquisitions which is what this essentially is. Doug Moss saying "the focus is on Glendale" does absolutely nothing to refute the chance of moving to Winnipeg. Lawyer talk, if you will.
Out of curiosity, do you have a lot of experience with politics and/or corporate mergers and acquisitions?

Old
03-08-2010, 08:09 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Out of curiosity, do you have a lot of experience with politics and/or corporate mergers and acquisitions?
If you count inter-office politics and working in a law office, then sure. Though I'm obviously not a lawyer I've sat in on some sessions where statements are legally proofread. The amount of detail and decision making that goes into even the most basic wording is incredible. Is it really that hard to critically read something? I'm pretty sure that even somewhat studious high school students could point out the deflection in the Moss email.

Old
03-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Look, there is no need for assumptions. I was just trying to bring brighter news to a gloomy subject. Take it or leave it.

Old
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Look, there is no need for assumptions. I was just trying to bring brighter news to a gloomy subject. Take it or leave it.
I appreciate the effort and sharing with us. It's nice to know that Moss is responsive. But, like the players during the summer and even now, I feel bad for them as their hands are all tied during this process. The NHL will not have anyone act outside of their direction on this, I'm sure. Moyes did and we all know where that is going.

Old
03-08-2010, 08:22 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
The good news I was trying to point out was the fact that he hasn't heard anything about the truth of the rumor stating that the Coyotes are moving back to Winnipeg.
He wouldn't be able to comment, either way. That's all there is to this. We can't infer anything from comments coming from the various camps unless they are very explicit declarations referring to either moving or staying. I suppose that's what I've been getting at all along. Moss is along for the ride with us. Everyone is.

Waiting sucks. I'm glad we have a great team on the ice to make it easier.

Old
03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
jmichael7753

Here is another message I got back from that guy who wrote this article.

Quote:
Interesting but my source says this is not happening and that Thomson has changed that deal it's only a letter of intent. I have signed those and had two deals fall apart.

There's lots of things that can change a deal I never believed Ice Edge had a chance. Business model is not that great.
And

Quote:
That's not finalizing. It's getting close but a long ways off. Like the deal I am proposing it hinges on a few things.

Old
03-08-2010, 10:26 PM
gemini617az

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Honestly, this is where some of my personal skepticism is coming in

I've been on the receiving end several times of corporate mergers where my job was cut/company gone out of business ... it's all in the wording that comes from higher management ...

Those in the 'know' who are not allowed to tell those who aren't, it's called CONFIDENTIALITY

More what is not said vs what IS said and/or the indirect answer to a question

Thus, being bitten in the hind end several times by corporate types, I'm very leary in the way words are spoken/written

I am remaining positive though that the Coyotes WILL be in Glendale but I want to see it in 'black and white' before my skeptic eye takes a rest

Old
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
gemini617az

Quote:
Waiting sucks. I'm glad we have a great team on the ice to make it easier.
AMEN!!

Old
03-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
Here is another message I got back from that guy who wrote this article.

And
So they signed a LOI to purchase and move the team, before the NHL opened the bidding to buyers that want to move the team... Very interesting.

Old
03-08-2010, 10:35 PM
gemini617az

Quote:
some people on this board that don't think the same ways you and I do, and it has kind of scared them
Definitely has me concerned more so than scared

My opinion is I have felt pretty comfortable thinking Ice Edge was gonna do this deal, actually put it out my head to be honest, and maybe they still are going to do this deal and keep the Coyotes here

BUT then this darned article took away some of that feeling of comfort

BUT NOT MY HOPEFULNESS or enjoyment of the great team we have on our ice here in Phx

Old
03-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I hope hockeybuzz is banned from HF.
I still don't understand why the hell they're not. Hell it's essentially hot linking. They leech off HFboards to generate their own traffic and profit off it. Either they are giving some worthwhile kickback to HFBoards or HFBoards is retarded.

Old
03-09-2010, 12:23 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
So they signed a LOI to purchase and move the team, before the NHL opened the bidding to buyers that want to move the team... Very interesting.
No. You misread. Due to that guys absolute **** grammar, I'm guessing he meant that the appearance of a wealthy potential owner in Winnipeg has changed the game so to speak, and that IE 'only' signed a LOI. Thus, his claim that he has experience with LOIs falling apart.

Again, if IE's business model was so terrible they would have never approved them as potential owners in the first place.

The truth is somewhere in the middle here. I'm going to take an educated guess and say that IE and the NHL are squabbling over who is going to cover this seasons losses as well as the 5 games out of market. However, the better the team does on the ice the less all of that becomes an issue. There will be no need for out of market games if the Coyotes go deep into the playoffs. And, pending how the NHL's lawsuit goes against Moyes, this seasons losses may be a moot point.

Old
03-09-2010, 12:25 AM
60DegreesIsCold

Not to be Pollyanna-ish, but it's extremely easy to make up crap on the internet. Considering that Eklund is (almost?) never right about his trade rumors, I doubt that one needs a significant amount of credibility to post on that particular site.

People can do what they want to do, but it seems like worrying every time some idiot writes an article like this seems like it would cause a lot of unnecessary stress.

Old
03-09-2010, 12:27 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60DegreesIsCold View Post
Considering that Eklund is (almost?) never right about his trade rumors,
http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/

3% right

Old
03-09-2010, 12:57 AM
60DegreesIsCold

I am continuously perplexed as to why his rumors get posted regularly on the trade forum, unless people are trying to figure out what trades will NOT be happening.

Old
03-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I still don't understand why the hell they're not. Hell it's essentially hot linking. They leech off HFboards to generate their own traffic and profit off it. Either they are giving some worthwhile kickback to HFBoards or HFBoards is retarded.
Because Sportsnet Legitimized him as a media source.

Old
03-09-2010, 02:46 AM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

For those of you who avoid the main boards or never saw the thread:

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/rumourgen.htm

Old
03-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Because Sportsnet Legitimized him as a media source.
Yeah the same way CNN "legitimizes" Glenn Beck or MSNBC "legitimizes" Keith Olbermann. They generate views by stirring up controversy. It's about making money, not reporting actual news or having credibility.

Pho, any chance you could just lock this thread now please?!

Old
03-09-2010, 03:49 AM
RR

Quote:
Yeah the same way CNN "legitimizes" Glenn Beck, or MSNBC "legitimizes" Keith Olbermann....
I'm sure you will never buy a ticket from me after this... but GB (Beck, not Bettman...former who is now on Fox News after CNN let him go) compared to KO?

Both are partisan hacks, I agree. But KO exists ONLY because GB, O'Reilly, Hannity, et al, have terrified their viewers about even considering pressing the "channel up" or "channel down" buttons on their remotes to get other perspectives on world events.

Not saying KO will give them anything other than a biased opinion from the other side of the political spectrum, but he does offer those on the right something to think about. Just as Fox offers something for the left to think about.

That said, HockeyBuzz, IMO, is the Fox News of hockey "journalism."

Old
03-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Yeah the same way CNN "legitimizes" Glenn Beck or MSNBC "legitimizes" Keith Olbermann. They generate views by stirring up controversy. It's about making money, not reporting actual news or having credibility.

Pho, any chance you could just lock this thread now please?!
In all fairness to those people you mentioned they never claimed to be journalist and are offering their views on the events happening in the news.

No matter the topic of place for information it would be foolish for anyone to think there is one place to
go to for the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god.

The best thing for anyone to do when you want to know the real truth is to not believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread