HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

IHL-Interactive Hockey League (formerly the Boss Mock Draft) Teams still Available...

Old
03-07-2010, 04:52 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
The rosters will be from after the trade deadline.

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 04:56 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Should we start posting rosters and stuff on the web site?

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

What program are you using to sim this? STHS? If so then count me in as the Sabres.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Gaborikthebeast
THE CLAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody275 View Post
The rosters will be from after the trade deadline.

ok thanks

Gaborikthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 05:14 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Should we start posting rosters and stuff on the web site?
You can post your rosters, but not prospects yet. (I have to figure out if the college prospects and stuff are going to be in it)

Old
03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
hyperboy

Send a message via MSN to hyperboy
are we using pre existing injuries?

hyperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 06:19 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2189 View Post
What program are you using to sim this? STHS? If so then count me in as the Sabres.
I think that AD had a different thing in plan.

Are you still interested in joining?

Although I will talk to AD about possibly using STHS. Now I did look at it for a little while, but the roster that I download didn't have some of the players, and didn't have very many (if any) prospects.

Is there a prospect file? And a players file that is more updated? Otherwise I don't see how that would work even if AD did decide that this would be easier then the way he had planned already.

Old
03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
ibleedblue8

Im in as ibleedblue8

ibleedblue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:11 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

who is messiah and Jebuz?

Neither is getting confirmed until I know what team you have been given by AD

Old
03-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Gaborikthebeast
THE CLAW

Quote:
who is messiah and Jebuz?

Neither is getting confirmed until I know what team you have been given by AD
messiah is a gm that i brought in and i already sent AD a message about it do you want me to foward it to you

Old
03-07-2010, 08:17 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborikthebeast View Post
messiah is a gm that i brought in and i already sent AD a message about it do you want me to foward it to you
Right once AD confirms it, he will be confirmed. Figure its better off just to run it by him first anyways.

Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just random people making accounts.

Old
03-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Gaborikthebeast
THE CLAW

Quote:
Right once AD confirms it, he will be confirmed. Figure its better off just to run it by him first anyways.

Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just random people making accounts.

yea sorry i told AD before i made the account but from now on should i send you stuff also

Old
03-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Pitt's Best #87 #66

I will take the Penguins.

Pitt's Best #87 #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 08:51 PM
ibleedblue8

Are we doing AHL rosters too? And how do we use prospects for this game?

ibleedblue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:17 PM
CAPiTA

I just registered. Waiting for approval. Thanks Cody!

CAPiTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:20 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
i just signed in for the league it says im waiting for approval

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 09:42 PM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

I'll approve the rest of the accounts tomorrow, I'm not on my computer or I wouldright now.

AD will answer questions on how it will all work when he gets on later tonight or tomorrow.

Old
03-08-2010, 12:00 AM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

A couple of things:

When can trades start?

A simple request, can everybody have their team logo as their avatar on that forum? It would make it so much easier to figure out who's who.

habsman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 01:37 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Cody: Messiah is all good, I did confirm it with Gaborik, he is allowed in the league....

as for Jebuz, I never saw a single post from him in the original league, and I already dropped him from this league. If we arent completely full yet and Jebuz promises to be active, I will let him have the Wild again if they are still available....but do not burn us Jebuz, if you cant commit, just dont play.

as for the good stuff:

THERE ARE NO TRADES UNTIL ALL 30 TEAMS HAVE GM'S....BUT, you can work on deals until that point. I have no problems with you guys trying to make deals at this point with other gm's, just wait to post them as I am still confirming my 4 gm executive panel.. Obviously this will be hard to do, but just start the ground work for some deals, and then by Wed at the latest we will let er rip.

Post all your rosters on our new IHL message board, this way everyone can see what it is that you have. All prospects can be posted, and all your draft picks as well.

As for the system that we will be using, it is a modified version of STHS or Quest, but it works even better. It will allow us to have an entire NHL team, and an AHL team simming at the same time. All players that are currently in the AHL will be included, and we will allow a maximum of 5 prospects from each teams prospect list to be sent to your AHL team even if they are in college, chl, europe, ushl, or wherever. Remember we are running this league as if it were 2010-2011, so I would expect each team to have some of their top prospects turn pro...

Now all gm's, please use common sense. Look at your prospect pool, and use your judgement as to who is most likely to turn pro....if they are a college freshman and really arent getting enough ice time yet, do you really think they will make the jump? Just use your guys best judgement and pick up to 5 players that you want to see turn pro and start in the AHL/NHL. We will hold a preseason, so you will be able to see what prospects are performing for you that may get the nod to make your NHL team. This is the coolest part of the system, and I think we all will enjoy it. Now if you have maybe more then 5 prospects that "could" turn pro, PM me and list them and I will decide if your team's prospects pool is really that deep. But the vast majority of teams will only get a maximum of 5 prospects to send from the CHL, COLLEGE, EUROPE, USHL, to their AHL team ....and even their NHL teams.....just be realistic guys.

If it is possible to have team logos as avatars in our new board, then by all means everyone do so....if we cant get it to work, maybe Cody can help us out with that one as well....

I am looking for 3 helpers to modify trades, help post some info, and just be a general go to person to questions that I dont need to answer. Habsman56, I remember you saying you would help, still true? How about you Velociraptor? I could use your excellent wisdom with trade rulings as well..... ShootnScore, are you up for it as well? Cody275 has already accepted and will be Assistant Commish. That means there will be a 4 gm panel that will vote on any trades that look bad....if for whatever reason their vote comes out 2-2, I will be the deciding vote one way or the other. PM me guys if you can help out, it would be appreciated...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 01:42 AM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

A couple things in response:

1. As for the team logos thing, all you need to do is search "Team Name Logo 100x100" on google images, there'll most likely be a logo that's 100x100, then set it as your avatar.

2. I can still help yes, let me know what you need me to do.

3. As for this prospect thing, I don't understand the 5 prospects part?
Is it pick 5 prospects you think would turn pro in 2010-11, that currently aren't on your 2009-10 roster you posted?

Old
03-08-2010, 01:51 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

....and I will get further into lines, prospects, player ratings, etc when all the gm spots are full. I dont want have to repeat this stuff everytime a new gm comes on board, but rest assured it will be explained. So for right now, go post your rosters, think about what prospects could turn pro for next year, get some line combinations ready, start the groundwork for your trades, and start planning for the draft.

Now as for the draft, I would like to get some feedback here. The thing that seperates this type of league from the rest is when the Mock Draft is done, the league really just begins. So my question is do we really need to have a 7 round draft (which will take a ton of time knowing that we will be simming an entire season, preseason, and playoffs), or can we cut it down to 5 rounds??

I am all for us having a 5 round draft, which will give everyone the opportunity to make some deals, draft some players, and just get the feel for things. IMO, rounds 6-7 would be just an utter crap shoot that many guys wouldnt know who to take anyway...so it is up to you guys to vote,.... IS IT A 5 ROUND DRAFT???? OR A 7 ROUND DRAFT??? You guys decide. Please vote on here quickly so we can get this done.

As for how our drafted players can become NHLers for us......the only common sense way to do this is this: We as a collective group will vote after the draft. Each gm will make a vote for up to 7 players that he thinks will make it to the NHL next year. This isnt 7 players from your own team, I am talking about 7 players total from all the teams. So lets say you felt that Fowler, Hall, Seguin, Gudbranson, and Etem will turn pro next year. Those are your votes. Use only players selected from the top 2 rounds, as anyone drafted after that is pretty pointless to list. You have to at least vote for 3 players, but if you dont feel there will be any more guys then the 3 you named...dont put any more down. Once I get the votes from all the gm's, I will total them up for each player. The top 3 vote getters will automatically get in to our IHL season, after that, any player that wants to make it to our IHL season will need above a 65% vote from the gm's to make it. So if 15 out of 30 gm's vote that Brandon Gormley will make it to the show next year, that is only 50% and he CANNOT be used this year.

The reason for this is to keep things as real as possible. It is rare that any more then 7 players would make the jump directly to the NHL next year, so lets have some fun with this, but try and be accurrate as well.

We will go over this again in a few days, and I will try to explain it better if I have not done so now. But all votes will need to be PM'd to me (lets keep things confidential) and I will post whose draft studs make it to the show. You dont have to pick 7 players, and I honestly doubt more then 4 will make it to the NHL next season, so again use your best judgement and lets not go overboard with some picks....

Last edited by AmericanDream: 03-08-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old
03-08-2010, 01:56 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsman56 View Post
A couple things in response:

1. As for the team logos thing, all you need to do is search "Team Name Logo 100x100" on google images, there'll most likely be a logo that's 100x100, then set it as your avatar.

2. I can still help yes, let me know what you need me to do.

3. As for this prospect thing, I don't understand the 5 prospects part?
Is it pick 5 prospects you think would turn pro in 2010-11, that currently aren't on your 2009-10 roster you posted?
thanks for the help, I will let you know what I need.....

for the prospects part....

You guys can pick up to 5 players that are considered prospects that are currently not playing in the AHL or NHL.... So this means that you need to look at your prospect pool, see what guys are playing in the CHL, College, Europe, USHL, etc and pick up to 5 of those guys that you think might be turning pro next year. This sim is actually for the 2010-2011 season, so we all know some of our team's prospects will indeed be turning pro. We then will play preseason games which you will monitor how they are doing, and if you want to either put them in the AHL, send them back to wherever they came from, or bring them up to the NHL, that is your decision. If I am not explaining this correctly, I will sleep soon, and wake up nice and bright eyed and do my best to make this easy to follow.

I felt this was the best way for each gm to be able to use some of their prospects that will be turning pro next year, but arent currently playing in the AHL or NHL currently.

NOTE: DO NOT put any of your mock draft players in this list. I explained how the drafting part will work, so your 2009-10 draft eligbile players will not be included on your lists. So if you pick #1 overall and select Tyler Seguin, DO NOT put him in your top 5 prospects to turn pro, as he is ineligible for this, but will be voted on by the 30 gm's as to if he will be an NHLer next season...which I am sure he will anyway. make sense guys?

Last edited by AmericanDream: 03-08-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old
03-08-2010, 02:02 AM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

Thanks AD, that makes sense. And I'll get right on that for my prospects

Old
03-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
I think that AD had a different thing in plan.

Are you still interested in joining?

Although I will talk to AD about possibly using STHS. Now I did look at it for a little while, but the roster that I download didn't have some of the players, and didn't have very many (if any) prospects.

Is there a prospect file? And a players file that is more updated? Otherwise I don't see how that would work even if AD did decide that this would be easier then the way he had planned already.
Yeah I'll join either way. I don't know if STHS has an updated roster file, but I know they had a seperate prospects file. I think it's outdated though. Count me in as the Sabres.

Also, I vote for a 5 round draft.

Last edited by Ron Barr: 03-08-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 02:05 AM
habsman56
Habs&Hoops

Real rosters, and the mock draft is like the NHL entry draft