HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Win A Thriller

Old
03-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
he's what? 23 or 24. lots of time man, just relax. price will get his time to shine here, right now it's halaks.
Even younger than that, 22. Still about 5-6 years away from his prime. There is still plenty of time for him to develop into a Vezina candidate and Olympic hopeful.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Anyone knows who's singing out loud in the locker room?

Edit: It was Hal Gill.
lol. does anyone have an audio of it?

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:27 PM
eightyseven

But how is Price ever going to get better if sits on the bench? I think he deserves to go somewhere else then if they want to make Halak the #1. Especially since the team plays better in front of Halak most of the time.

Honestly, Gainey never should have rushed him. Now we're seeing the consequences.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I wasn't making fun of Price, I like Price, I just hate the blind love, if you know what I mean, give credit when credit is due.
There is blind love on both side, you should know that. Don't encourage them!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
But how is Price ever going to get better if sits on the bench? I think he deserves to go somewhere else then if they want to make Halak the #1. Especially since the team plays better in front of Halak most of the time.

Honestly, Gainey never should have rushed him. Now we're seeing the consequences.
Please take this to the Price-Halak thread. Seriously, you guys have got to stop polluting the PGT with this debate.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
After it was 3-0, I decided to watch the Oscars. When I switched back in the 2nd period it 3-1. I watched until half way through the 3rd where I thought I may be cursing them by watching so I went back to watching the Oscars. Switched back and it was the start of OT. Watched until the Getzlaf shootout goal at which point I was convinced I'm cursing them...and we won. Worst Habs epic comeback experience ever.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
After it was 3-0, I decided to watch the Oscars. When I switched back in the 2nd period it 3-1. I watched until half way through the 3rd where I thought I may be cursing them by watching so I went back to watching the Oscars. Switched back and it was the start of OT. Watched until the Getzlaf shootout goal at which point I was convinced I'm cursing them...and we won. Worst Habs epic comeback experience ever.
I'd rather turn my tv off than watch the Oscars.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I can only imagine your reaction after the Getzlaf goal in the shootout.

Just the thought of it actually made me lol.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
TheBuriedHab

Trading a 22 year old goalie that has won a wjc, calder cup, who was drafted 5th overall? NOT DOWN.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Honestly, I'm not too sure I would have said that the Gionta goal was good. To me, Hiller had control of it for at least 2-3 seconds, isn't that enough?
Not sure of the hockey rule, but in baseball, there is a simple test: voluntary release. If you indeed have control, you demonstrate it by VOLUNTARILY releasing the ball, or transferring it to the other hand. If you make a diving catch attempt, roll on the ground for 2-3 seconds, never SHOW control of the ball, then the ball eventually drops onto the ground, it is a NO CATCH.

P.S. A hockey referee just told me that basically the same rule applies here. The goalie never showed that he had control of the puck, so GOOD GOAL.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 03-07-2010 at 10:57 PM.
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

Quote:

this is not the montreal prices. montreal get wins with halak right now. price will be a part of this team if the team wants him here. he has played a ton this year, missing 10 games down the strech isnt going to kill his development. and who says halak even gets the call the rest of the way? maybe he plays like crap in his next one. i would have no beef with going back to price if halak has a performance like he did against the flyers.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JackZap

Quote:

it took Roy 6 years before playing 60+ games

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:35 PM
chris96

What a game! Pouliot continues to impress!

chris96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
Trading a 22 year old goalie that has won a wjc, calder cup, who was drafted 5th overall? NOT DOWN.
Trading Price would be an extremely stupid move that we would regret in the future.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:

What's the consequences are you talking about? What's wrong with having two good goalies? Price is still learning and he's doing that in the big league. There's nothing wrong with that. Halak is having the edge on Price this season, so if we make the playoff, we play Halak who is having a great season. Price will continue to learn in that progress.

Do you realize that Price as the same save % as Brodeur before tonight's game. Some people are talking like Price is having a major meltdown, disastrous season. Let the kid learn and progress at his rhythm. If he wants to become #1 goalie, he will have to work and battle harder. He is currently a 2nd, with more consistency in his play, he could easily find the #1 spot back, we all know he has the tools to do that. He just need to work on his "mental toughness".

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'd rather turn my tv off than watch the Oscars.
We have a winner here.

I could list 1000 things I`d rather watch on TV then the Oscars, dirty.. nasty things.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
marti57

This is not about Price getting better right now, it's about making the damn playoffs. If you need your goalie to get experience at this time of the season you're in deep trouble. This is the NHL and you need to win. If you don't, you're on the bench.

And at 850 000$ a year, Price is an excellent backup. Expecially at his young age. Like is said earlier, i would be very happy if the team was winning games with Price but obviously they are not.

marti57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
marc88

Just got back from the game...just amazing!! When pleky scored that goal the canadiens fans went ballistic! Everyone singing in the streets and the halls with high fives everywhere! Fantastic game!! =D

marc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:39 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
We have a winner here.

I could list 1000 things I`d rather watch on TV then the Oscars, dirty.. nasty things.
but the speeches are so great. The Dude just won best actor. Bridges should have won for TBL, but hey the academy is all about doing the right thing and making up for bad arbitrary calls...wait, am I talking about the NHL?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SonOfGom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What's the consequences are you talking about? What's wrong with having two good goalies? Price is still learning and he's doing that in the big league. There's nothing wrong with that. Halak is having the edge on Price this season, so if we make the playoff, we play Halak who is having a great season. Price will continue to learn in that progress.

Do you realize that Price as the same save % as Brodeur before tonight's game. Some people are talking like Price is having a major meltdown, disastrous season. Let the kid learn and progress at his rhythm. If he wants to become #1 goalie, he will have to work and battle harder. He is currently a 2nd, with more consistency in his play, he could easily find the #1 spot back, we all know he has the tools to do that. He just need to work on his "mental toughness".
I think he's afraid the fans are going to run him out of town...

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I only tuned in to see Kate Winslett and then turned off my tv

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:41 PM
FuriousBob

Strange statistic of the hero of the game for me (Markov)

1 pt at home
20 on the road

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc88 View Post
Just got back from the game...just amazing!! When pleky scored that goal the canadiens fans went ballistic! Everyone singing in the streets and the halls with high fives everywhere! Fantastic game!! =D
You lucky bastidge, it was a great game to watch on TV. I can't even imagine how exciting it must have been to experience it live.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:43 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Lol @ Cammalleri's twitter.

Quote:
Wooooooooooooooooooooo!
http://twitter.com/mcammalleri13

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Watching the replay of Markov's tying goal..

I just love how Gomez goes for Perry

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote