HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josef Beranek

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2004, 05:19 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

vCash: 500
Josef Beranek

When did he leave and for what? I see that he is in Russia now, I wonder if there is any chance he will come back to the NHL? I noticed he is having a decent world championships and it made me wonder...Any info would be much appreciated! thanks

Old
04-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Whoa, Beranek? That guy's gotta be into his late 30s by now...

Old
04-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
34 years old I believe.
You never really knew what the guy would give you. One season he'd score 20 goals and 50 pts the next season he would score 9 goals and 25pts. I think he only really had 2 good seasons outta a dozen anyways. Terrible in the playoffs if I remember right.

Old
04-30-2004, 12:40 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
When did he leave and for what? I see that he is in Russia now, I wonder if there is any chance he will come back to the NHL? I noticed he is having a decent world championships and it made me wonder...Any info would be much appreciated! thanks
Was he not traded for Pat Falloon(Pens)?...Then he did nothing in Pittsburg.

Old
04-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
Beranek is playing at home, not in Russia.

Old
04-30-2004, 04:13 AM
Allan

Edmonton got him from Pittsburgh for Bobby Dollas and Tony Hrkac, then sent him back for German Titov a year and a half later. The Oilers drafted him, too. I didn't know that.

Old
04-30-2004, 12:09 PM
TakkoTime

I remember when..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Edmonton got him from Pittsburgh for Bobby Dollas and Tony Hrkac, then sent him back for German Titov a year and a half later. The Oilers drafted him, too. I didn't know that.
They had a feature at one of the games I was at.. showing Martin Rucinsky and Joe Beranek in the stands becoming accustomed to North American life... Joe B was alright, I always kinda liked him. After he was traded the first time he hardly did nothing; he had 25 points in 40 games for Philly or something like that.. I remember thinking the 'ol another one got away' thing.. but he never stayed consistant. LOTS of talent, not so much ability to put it together night after night. Remember when he carried the Oil after Weight was hurt/suspended there for a bit? 50 pts in 65 games or something. I think he was also the only player besides Weight to wear #42 (although Weight didn't wear it for long)

Old
04-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Jim_Harnock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakkoTime
I think he was also the only player besides Weight to wear #42 (although Weight didn't wear it for long)
Kevin Brown wore 42, so does Salmelainen. But I thought Weight wore 43 when he was first acquired?

Old
04-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
The year Weight had that bad injury and was out of the lineup for a prolonged period, Beranek took over the 1st line center position and was 2nd in team scoring that year behind Bill Guerin.

I went to a home game during his stint here. He played great that night and while i was wandering back to my seat during 2nd intermission from the intermission bathroom break due to my over-indulging of draught beer , and made a impulse purchase of one Joseph Beranek jersey. Good ol #20, i was going to get the lettering changed to Dvorak when he arrived, but have not got around to it yet, anyone know where i can get this done?

Old
04-30-2004, 07:19 PM
DJ Spinoza

Beranek played in a Czech league I think this year, and was apparently the leading scorer in the league.

I vaguely remember reading something about this from someone from a different Pens board who was posting this about Beranek. I'm might be off, but I'm pretty sure he was the leading scorer in the league.

Closed Thread