HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs!!! Playoffs??? All stretch run talk here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
  #26
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Your post makes alot of sense. I agree with the other 3 points BUT we are not the only one with a tough schedule down the stretch.
Here is Bostons in comparison to ours.

Top teams [6 games]
NJx2
Pens
Phili
Buffalo
Caps

Good teams [7 games]
MTL
Carolina
NYR
ATL
TBL
Calgary
FLA

Scrubs [2 games]
Toronto X 2

And now ours

Top teams [6 games]
NJ X 2
Phili X 3
Buff
Good teams [5 games]
ATL
MTL
Boston
TBL
FLA
Scrubs [5 games]
Stl.
NYI X 2
TO X 2



And the fact that Boston just lost Savard says we will be sitting in their spot in a few weeks.

To me, It's a 3 way battle for 7/8th seed between MTL/TBL/NYR.

Tampa's schedule is as follows.

Top teams [8 games]
Caps
Pitts
Phx
Buff
Wash
Buff
Pitts
Ottawa

Good teams [6 games]
Mtl
Fla
Car X 2
NYR
Boston

Scrubs [1 games]
TO



To me, it seems we have the easiest schedule in terms of opponent strength.
I'm not disagreeing with that, my point was more geared towards the fact that no matter who the Rangers play - tough or easy, they aren't a good enough team to get it done because they are below .500 against those "easy" teams down the stretch.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
  #27
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'm not disagreeing with that, my point was more geared towards the fact that no matter who the Rangers play - tough or easy, they aren't a good enough team to get it done because they are below .500 against those "easy" teams down the stretch.
I was just pointing out other teams have tough schedules. I get what your saying now though...
If that's the case I think because of our goal tending we should be able to stay in games we don't belong in a lot longer and thus a greater chance of success than TBL, MTL, BOSTON.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
  #28
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I was just pointing out other teams have tough schedules. I get what your saying now though...
If that's the case I think because of our goal tending we should be able to stay in games we don't belong in a lot longer and thus a greater chance of success than TBL, MTL, BOSTON.
Still have to score though, unfortunately.


HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
  #29
Ice Hockey
Registered User
 
Ice Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
we're doomed. i hope we lose every game and get a pick.

signed,

a true fan.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
  #30
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ak10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
“We have the tools we have the talent”

So maybe some of the tools are from Kmart but…….


I’m in for a good play-off run…… Washington 0-2 with our back-up goalie? No Gabby……. On any given Sunday…..

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
  #31
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
“We have the tools we have the talent”

So maybe some of the tools are from Kmart but…….


I’m in for a good play-off run…… Washington 0-2 with our back-up goalie? No Gabby……. On any given Sunday…..
You mean any FOUR given "sundays" in a seven sunday stretch? Ain't happening.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
  #32
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ak10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post
You mean any FOUR given "sundays" in a seven sunday stretch? Ain't happening.
Any given Sundays Tuesday, Friday and Sunday didn’t sound as good…. Nothing like a Cinderella team making a run at it…. Go big or go home….. If we lose ho hum expected…… If we win they will talk about these play-offs for years…….

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 05:29 PM
  #33
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny
 
Swagelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
We almost beat the caps in 7 last season w/o gaborik. Add gaborik this season, who will give you at least a couple goals possibly in game7 where we lost by a slim margin last year, and we could give the caps a run for their money.

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 05:58 PM
  #34
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAB0RIK View Post
We almost beat the caps in 7 last season w/o gaborik. Add gaborik this season, who will give you at least a couple goals possibly in game7 where we lost by a slim margin last year, and we could give the caps a run for their money.

If only life worked that way.

We are not last year's team + Gaborik.

We are a worse team than last season, by a fair margin. Our defense isn't good enough for post-season play, in even Sather's wildest dreams. If MDZ is a -19 in the regular season right now, he'll be exploited even further when the games mean something.

We have no depth at any position, forward or defense. We can't lean on Staal to play 30 minutes a night and expect a solid 25 from Rozsival each and every game over the course of several, seven game series'. I won't even mention the Redden-Gilory duo. We can't expect Gaborik to power us through every round all by himself, nor can we expect waiver pickups like Christensen to continue to ride his coattails as effectively when the stakes are higher. Is Dubi, Cally, Drury or Avery going to morph into an offensive machine?

We might sneak into the 8th spot this year. Last year we were the 7th against a 2nd seed WSH and ALMOST pulled it out against a rookie goalie. This year we'll be lucky to make the playoffs while WSH would almost have to TRY not to win the President's Trophy.

Time doesn't stand still while we get to add Gaborik. This team only gets passed any of the teams they could face in the first round (any of the East's top 4) if that team collapses. There is no way the NYR we see each night have the talent, or drive, to go out and steal playoff games, let alone a single series, from the likes of NJD, WSH, BUF or PIT once the games mean something. We can barely hang with those teams in most of our regular season meetings, unless Henrik saves the world; don't you think the competition gets stiffer in the playoffs?

Who on this roster, who isn't ALREADY playing their ass off, can step up and make an impact in the playoffs?

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:59 PM
  #35
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny
 
Swagelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post
If only life worked that way.

We are not last year's team + Gaborik.

We are a worse team than last season, by a fair margin. Our defense isn't good enough for post-season play, in even Sather's wildest dreams. If MDZ is a -19 in the regular season right now, he'll be exploited even further when the games mean something.

We have no depth at any position, forward or defense. We can't lean on Staal to play 30 minutes a night and expect a solid 25 from Rozsival each and every game over the course of several, seven game series'. I won't even mention the Redden-Gilory duo. We can't expect Gaborik to power us through every round all by himself, nor can we expect waiver pickups like Christensen to continue to ride his coattails as effectively when the stakes are higher. Is Dubi, Cally, Drury or Avery going to morph into an offensive machine?

We might sneak into the 8th spot this year. Last year we were the 7th against a 2nd seed WSH and ALMOST pulled it out against a rookie goalie. This year we'll be lucky to make the playoffs while WSH would almost have to TRY not to win the President's Trophy.

Time doesn't stand still while we get to add Gaborik. This team only gets passed any of the teams they could face in the first round (any of the East's top 4) if that team collapses. There is no way the NYR we see each night have the talent, or drive, to go out and steal playoff games, let alone a single series, from the likes of NJD, WSH, BUF or PIT once the games mean something. We can barely hang with those teams in most of our regular season meetings, unless Henrik saves the world; don't you think the competition gets stiffer in the playoffs?

Who on this roster, who isn't ALREADY playing their ass off, can step up and make an impact in the playoffs?
Well written post, but ill have to disagree with you. Even though MDZ and gilroy are rookies I'd much rather have them playing then mara,kalinin or morris. If you look at the stats on nhl.com this seasons rangers aren't much different than last season.
08-09
2.4 goals for average
2.6 goals against average
09-10
2.5 goals for average
2.7 goals against average
Posted via Mobile Device

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:01 PM
  #36
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,863
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAB0RIK View Post
Well written post, but ill have to disagree with you. Even though MDZ and gilroy are rookies I'd much rather have them playing then mara,kalinin or morris. If you look at the stats on nhl.com this seasons rangers aren't much different than last season.
08-09
2.4 goals for average
2.6 goals against average
09-10
2.5 goals for average
2.7 goals against average
Posted via Mobile Device
If the team with Gaborik can win a 7 games series against the Caps (who are better this year), why is it they might not even make the playoffs?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:04 PM
  #37
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ak10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
We don’t want to peak to early………

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
  #38
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post
Please, tell me what you see, because this is what I see:

Gaborik has missed SIX regular season games so far this year. Two were earlier in the year; the other four have been the result of a freak injury where he cut his leg on Lundqvist's skate in practice. In between missing a couple of games before and after the Olympics, due to that cut, he played in the Olympics and almost won a Bronze medal. He played in 7 Olympic contests, if I'm not mistaken, so despite missing 6 games this year, 4 of which were the result of a cut suffered in practice and not some kind of nagging injury like we were all worried about when we signed Gabby, it's almost as if he didn't miss any games at all (injury wise, obviously the 6 he missed affected the Rangers). What makes you think he won't be able to play 60+ games next year?
Dont tell me i dont see. I see alright, i see that we have many incompetant players on this team, and also people running this team, and by your comments fans as well. If you saw my post earlier you should know that i see just fine and i see that Drury on a 4 on 4 situation makes no sense in any planet when we need to win. I also see that Gaborik has not played a full season in a long time and although he may have missed 6 games i would call that 8 as of now and maybe more, because him playing the way he has the last couple games has not been how he usually plays. Ya he almost one a bronze medal, 4th place, what r u trying to say Slovakia was not a one man team, Gaborik barely played in the 3rd vs Canada and Slovakian and they almost came back. He played in the Bronze medal and lost to a Finland that lost too USA 7-0. About next year, with what i've said also if you watch him play all year, how often do u see him engage in physical play, very rarealy. He avoids hits, avoids contact and plays a in a way that tells me he is vulnerable. I am not saying i hate the guy he has elite skill, but in terms of injury i think he is just similar to Connoly on Buff, susceptible to injury and in our case hurting our chances of making the paly-offs.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
  #39
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAB0RIK View Post
Well written post, but ill have to disagree with you. Even though MDZ and gilroy are rookies I'd much rather have them playing then mara,kalinin or morris. If you look at the stats on nhl.com this seasons rangers aren't much different than last season.
08-09
2.4 goals for average
2.6 goals against average
09-10
2.5 goals for average
2.7 goals against average
Posted via Mobile Device
Stats aren't going to win playoff games and being not "much different" from last season isn't really a good thing. We were lucky to get as far as we did; Henrik played lights out in most of that series and we had more even contribution and more players that we could rely on for points. Also, while I like MDZ quite a bit, I would not rather have two rookies on a blueline that also features Wade Redden than Paul Mara and Derek Morris. Those guys aren't big names that people fall all over themselves to acquire but they're built for playoff hockey. The experience and toughness they would bring alone is more than virtually our entire defensive unit has right now. Redden's been there but ... he doesn't remember it.

I just don't see this team as being as competitive as they were last season. We look similar in the standings and statistically, but everyone else looks better. That's why we're not even sure if we're making it into the playoffs this year; for all the tinkering we've done with the roster we've stood still while more teams have passed us.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
  #40
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Dont tell me i dont see. I see alright, i see that we have many incompetant players on this team, and also people running this team, and by your comments fans as well. If you saw my post earlier you should know that i see just fine and i see that Drury on a 4 on 4 situation makes no sense in any planet when we need to win. I also see that Gaborik has not played a full season in a long time and although he may have missed 6 games i would call that 8 as of now and maybe more, because him playing the way he has the last couple games has not been how he usually plays. Ya he almost one a bronze medal, 4th place, what r u trying to say Slovakia was not a one man team, Gaborik barely played in the 3rd vs Canada and Slovakian and they almost came back. He played in the Bronze medal and lost to a Finland that lost too USA 7-0. About next year, with what i've said also if you watch him play all year, how often do u see him engage in physical play, very rarealy. He avoids hits, avoids contact and plays a in a way that tells me he is vulnerable. I am not saying i hate the guy he has elite skill, but in terms of injury i think he is just similar to Connoly on Buff, susceptible to injury and in our case hurting our chances of making the paly-offs.
A.) Learn English. It includes punctuation and paragraphs. Congrats on being able to see... call me when your reading and writing catches up.

B.) Did I say you cannot see? You said that "based on what you see" you don't think Gaborik will be able to play 60+ games next season... I asked what exactly you saw that suggests that.

C.) What does anything that you wrote have to do with Gaborik NOT being able to play 60+ games next season...? I only mentioned the Olympics because it was GAMES he was PLAYING in. I was simply saying, even though he's missed a mere 6 games this entire season, he also played some extra games with the Slovakian team. The point behind which is that his DURABILITY does not seem to be in question at all this season.

D.) Okay, for the sake of your (lack of) logic, let's say that even though Gaborik has only missed 6 games, it's actually more like 8, as you say. Even if that's the case, 6 of those 8 games have been because of a freak accident and he's been recovering from a CUT from Lundy's skate... not exactly the kind of injury you worry about, you know, coming back every season.

E.) Did you really just write that Gaborik is HURTING our chances of making the playoffs? Ahem... wait, couple more Yeah... this team would be a shoe-in for the playoffs if it wasn't for that pesky Gaborik. Maybe he "avoids" hits and playing a hyper-physical game because he's a finesse player who puts up 80+ points per season when healthy, which he HAS BEEN since joining our team? And I don't see Gaborik really shying away from the physical all that much... he's never going to be a crash and bang player but he tried to fight Daniel Carcillo not too long ago.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:40 PM
  #41
Blueshirt Special
Registered User
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
The new HBO series about the Rangers Playoff run:

"First Round & Down"

Sather's team will make the playoffs and we will lose to the Pens/Caps/whatever in 5 games. and the win wont be at MSG


Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
  #42
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post
Stats aren't going to win playoff games and being not "much different" from last season isn't really a good thing. We were lucky to get as far as we did; Henrik played lights out in most of that series and we had more even contribution and more players that we could rely on for points. Also, while I like MDZ quite a bit, I would not rather have two rookies on a blueline that also features Wade Redden than Paul Mara and Derek Morris. Those guys aren't big names that people fall all over themselves to acquire but they're built for playoff hockey. The experience and toughness they would bring alone is more than virtually our entire defensive unit has right now. Redden's been there but ... he doesn't remember it.

I just don't see this team as being as competitive as they were last season. We look similar in the standings and statistically, but everyone else looks better. That's why we're not even sure if we're making it into the playoffs this year; for all the tinkering we've done with the roster we've stood still while more teams have passed us.
I agree with everything except the bolded part.

The Eastern Conference is one big mediocre mess except for Pittsburgh and Washington, and maybe Buffalo but they still have some big holes.

Boston traded away Kessel and never found anyone to replace his 36 goals, Philly doesn't even have a legitimate starting goaltender, Montreal made Sather-like moves last summer, all Southeastern teams other than Washington are once again underwhelming. These teams haven't passed us, they just all suck. Teams that wouldn't have made the playoffs in previous years will make it this year because the Conference is so weak. The battle for the last few playoff spots is a really a competition for whoever sucks the least.

I guess this is what Bettman had in mine when he wanted parity....

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 07:55 PM
  #43
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I agree with everything except the bolded part.

The Eastern Conference is one big mediocre mess except for Pittsburgh and Washington, and maybe Buffalo but they still have some big holes.

Boston traded away Kessel and never found anyone to replace his 36 goals, Philly doesn't even have a legitimate starting goaltender, Montreal made Sather-like moves last summer, all Southeastern teams other than Washington are once again underwhelming. These teams haven't passed us, they just all suck. Teams that wouldn't have made the playoffs in previous years will make it this year because the Conference is so weak. The battle for the last few playoff spots is a really a competition for whoever sucks the least.

I guess this is what Bettman had in mine when he wanted parity....
I suppose it's true to an extent that all of the bottom half is just underwhelming teams competing to see who sucks the least and squeaks in. I just chose to saw it as most of the teams are able to compete, but at a similar (albeit mediocre) level because the talent level has even out. If you don't have elite talent (PIT & WSH) or a great system with players all in the right roles (NJD and apparently BUF - partially a hot goalie) than you're just like everyone else and can win on any given night. It leads to a lot of very similar records. I could be wrong though. We could just all suck.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 09:09 PM
  #44
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post
A.) Learn English. It includes punctuation and paragraphs. Congrats on being able to see... call me when your reading and writing catches up.

B.) Did I say you cannot see? You said that "based on what you see" you don't think Gaborik will be able to play 60+ games next season... I asked what exactly you saw that suggests that.

C.) What does anything that you wrote have to do with Gaborik NOT being able to play 60+ games next season...? I only mentioned the Olympics because it was GAMES he was PLAYING in. I was simply saying, even though he's missed a mere 6 games this entire season, he also played some extra games with the Slovakian team. The point behind which is that his DURABILITY does not seem to be in question at all this season.

D.) Okay, for the sake of your (lack of) logic, let's say that even though Gaborik has only missed 6 games, it's actually more like 8, as you say. Even if that's the case, 6 of those 8 games have been because of a freak accident and he's been recovering from a CUT from Lundy's skate... not exactly the kind of injury you worry about, you know, coming back every season.

E.) Did you really just write that Gaborik is HURTING our chances of making the playoffs? Ahem... wait, couple more Yeah... this team would be a shoe-in for the playoffs if it wasn't for that pesky Gaborik. Maybe he "avoids" hits and playing a hyper-physical game because he's a finesse player who puts up 80+ points per season when healthy, which he HAS BEEN since joining our team? And I don't see Gaborik really shying away from the physical all that much... he's never going to be a crash and bang player but he tried to fight Daniel Carcillo not too long ago.
First off this is a hockey board we are not getting marked on our english, and for your interest i am in unversity for health sciences but that beside the point. Anyway i was not on here to have a debate about Gaborik my main point if you would read is the choice to put Drury on the ice for the majority of the O.T which cost us the games. If you want to beleive that Gaborik is going to be healthy for the next 6 seasons, i cant prove that your are wrong, but from the exisitn data there is a definite correlation with him and injuries, and i have seen that impacted in his play. I dont know how well u understand the game but i certainly am better at hockey analysis than i am typing with grammer, not saying much but hey well see. Are you a Gaborik fan or do you just support him and staying healthy?

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 10:22 PM
  #45
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
First off this is a hockey board we are not getting marked on our english, and for your interest i am in unversity for health sciences but that beside the point. Anyway i was not on here to have a debate about Gaborik my main point if you would read is the choice to put Drury on the ice for the majority of the O.T which cost us the games. If you want to beleive that Gaborik is going to be healthy for the next 6 seasons, i cant prove that your are wrong, but from the exisitn data there is a definite correlation with him and injuries, and i have seen that impacted in his play. I dont know how well u understand the game but i certainly am better at hockey analysis than i am typing with grammer, not saying much but hey well see. Are you a Gaborik fan or do you just support him and staying healthy?
I support the fact that he's missed four games because of a cut that occurred in practice that could happen to anyone and that he otherwise has been able to dress in all but two stinkin' games.

He took an entire season off from the NHL to have extensive surgeries that were supposed to put an end to his frequent injury problems. He was checked out by Minnesota doctors before returning for the end of their season last year (when he put up 23 points in the final 17 games of the season) and the opinion was that he should no longer suffer from the type of injury that plagued him earlier in his career. That is an opinion that was shared by medical experts and factored into our signing him to a $7.5M contract.

I've seen nothing this season that suggests to me that those kind of injury problems are magically going to strike again next season. Everyone knows there is the *potential* for Gaborik to miss large chunks of time but there is no reason to expect it, and certainly not based on anything we've seen this season, as you initially said. If he doesn't look 100% it's because he's still recovering from having Henrik's skate slice his leg open, which has nothing to do with being prone to injury.

I'm better at hockey, and analyzing it, than I am at writing too. I go to school for one of the two, and it ain't English.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 11:35 PM
  #46
dtrap
Registered User
 
dtrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAB0RIK View Post
Well written post, but ill have to disagree with you. Even though MDZ and gilroy are rookies I'd much rather have them playing then mara,kalinin or morris. If you look at the stats on nhl.com this seasons rangers aren't much different than last season.
08-09
2.4 goals for average
2.6 goals against average
09-10
2.5 goals for average
2.7 goals against average

Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah but that's beacause Gabby by himself has basically equaled Naslund and Zherdev's output. Throw in the fact that we don't have anyone nearly as skilled as Antropov or even Gomez on offense and we lost Derek Morris and Paul Mara on D and replaced them with MDZ and Gilory and you have a MUCH worse team.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 12:09 AM
  #47
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
If they miss the playoffs I'm gonna be pissed! I was soooo looking forward to seeing what you guys were going to come up with for this years playoff avatar theme.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 12:27 AM
  #48
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Yeah but that's beacause Gabby by himself has basically equaled Naslund and Zherdev's output. Throw in the fact that we don't have anyone nearly as skilled as Antropov or even Gomez on offense and we lost Derek Morris and Paul Mara on D and replaced them with MDZ and Gilory and you have a MUCH worse team.
Agreed, and since Gaborik is our only offensive threat, teams are going to focus on shutting him down. Although it's a small sample size, Gaborik's playoff stats do not inspire confidence.

I was no fan of either Morris or Mara, and I can safely say I would feel more comfortable with them in the playoffs than two rookie defensemen. The Redden-Gilroy pairing is a mess, an adventure every time they hit the ice. Staal, Rozy, and Girardi are going to be relied upon to log a lot of minutes, and they may tire out towards the end of a long series.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:36 AM
  #49
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
According to Playoff Status, as of today these are the chances of Eastern Conference teams to make the playoffs:

Capitals/Penguins/Sabres/Devils/Senators = Greater than 99%

Flyers = 96%

Canadiens = 74%

Bruins = 57%

Rangers = 32%

Thrashers = 23%

Lightning = 15%

Panthers = 2%

Hurricanes/Islanders = 1%

Maple Leafs = Less than 1%


Last edited by Jersey Girl: 03-09-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 10:06 AM
  #50
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
The only reason I hold a shred of hope is that I don't feel we are any worse than Boston and the Habs. If those teams were better I would have no faith at all. Doesn't matter if we can't put a few togeather here and quick.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.