HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Wings/Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia

Old
03-18-2010, 02:30 PM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan420 View Post
hey me and my friends are going to philly in abt a week... we really want to try the hoagies.. who has the best?? thanks for the suggestions iwth jims i am really pumped to try them
I've been going to Jim's for over 20 years and not once have I had a hoagie from there. In fact, of all the times I have gone there I don't think I have ever seen anyone even in the hoagie line.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
yup, bread is the hardest part indeed... I moved out towards reading last year and i still can't find a damn decent long roll that isn't overly dry, splits completely in half when i try to cut it, and for damn hell (maybe most importantly?) chewy....

oh well.
A lot of the best places for cheesesteaks in the Reading area bake their own bread but most of the non-Italian places buy it. Just ask them where they get it from if you like their cheesesteaks. Though, again, the best places make their own bread.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:12 PM
ShortBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I've been going to Jim's for over 20 years and not once have I had a hoagie from there. In fact, of all the times I have gone there I don't think I have ever seen anyone even in the hoagie line.
two years ago, I took my grandaughter with me to a phantoms game, and we stopped at Jim's before the game. She did not want a cheesesteak, so I ordered her a hoagie. Worst looking hoagie I've ever seen.

Here, take a look at this page. This man used to do food reviews for the Inquirer, and he reviews all the best hoagie, cheesesteak, and other food restuarants in
philly. He also has lots of pictures that show what you're gonna get.

http://www.hollyeats.com/Philadelphia.htm

ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote