HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Under the radar. Could this be the year?

Old
03-09-2010, 10:27 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
So because Drew doesn't like it means that you must not like it as a result? That's odd. Drew also doesn't like the celebratory glove bump with everyone on the bench. Do you hate that too or will that find a way to screw us in the playoffs with like a busted wrist? lol
So you don't think that blind drop pass at center ice by Boyle on the PP isn't ridiculously stupid???

I cite Drew is because Drew has said it is inexcusable and stupid (paraphrasing, of course). More importantly, I cite Drew because he knows a lot more about hockey than I do, and I suspect you too. Just because I say something doesn't give it much credibility, but Drew should add some credibility to it. At least one would think so.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
So you don't think that blind drop pass at center ice by Boyle on the PP isn't ridiculously stupid???

I cite Drew is because Drew has said it is inexcusable and stupid (paraphrasing, of course). More importantly, I cite Drew because he knows a lot more about hockey than I do, and I suspect you too. Just because I say something doesn't give it much credibility, but Drew should add some credibility to it. At least one would think so.
No, it's not. And Drew never said it is inexcusable and stupid. He said he doesn't like it and it is dangerous. He's never said it as you are saying it. There's a good reason for them to do it and it is quite effective actually. Its purpose is to push the killers back and then change the entry point into the zone while trying to catch them flat-footed.

Drew is definitely a smart man but he is like any other coach or ex-coach. He has his ways, he is stubborn, and even if something works that he doesn't like, he's not going to support it. He's also had his moments where he says stupid things too.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 04:02 AM
Kevy D

Quote:
No, it's not. And Drew never said it is inexcusable and stupid. He said he doesn't like it and it is dangerous. He's never said it as you are saying it. There's a good reason for them to do it and it is quite effective actually. Its purpose is to push the killers back and then change the entry point into the zone while trying to catch them flat-footed.

Drew is definitely a smart man but he is like any other coach or ex-coach. He has his ways, he is stubborn, and even if something works that he doesn't like, he's not going to support it. He's also had his moments where he says stupid things too.
THIS.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the new guys perform well in the postseason. I'd rather have Ort, Nichol, and Manny appreciating being in the playoffs with a top team and playing their hearts out and knowing they can win... Compared to Grier, Goc, and Plihal.

Oh and I forgot to mention Dany F***in Heatley

Kevy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevy D View Post
THIS.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the new guys perform well in the postseason. I'd rather have Ort, Nichol, and Manny appreciating being in the playoffs with a top team and playing their hearts out and knowing they can win... Compared to Grier, Goc, and Plihal.

Oh and I forgot to mention Dany F***in Heatley
With the game tied there is no one (in the West) I would rather have the puck on his stick than him. He is the #1 reason why this team is different from last years.

#2 - A healthy Patty can easily slide to the second line and provide a more balanced attack.

#3 - Bottom 6 forward have the ability to score when given the chance. Be that on their normal lines or if given a shift on the top 2 lines. IMO this was the biggest change the Todd has made with this team. The Sharks need to find their Cleary or Talbot.

Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:47 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
I'd rather Detroit not make the playoffs at all. It's long overdue.
Calgary attempted to put a stamp on that last night.

Quote:
(just to add a bit of humour here) And, if big Joe or Patty or Clowe are on the ice, they'll in some way still get blamed for it. Boyle, like Pavs, cannot get blamed for the abundance of turnovers he makes, just those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevy D View Post
THIS.

On these three guys compared to the 3 whom exited, I totally agree. Personality wise, like night and day.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
[QUOTE=19sharks19;24414375]Calgary attempted to put a stamp on that last night.

Yeah but Detroit is only 1 point out of it. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to catch up on that one. I mean take a look at the rest of their schedule: (man Columbus 3 times in their last month).

Detroit VS.
Thu, Mar 11 Minnesota Wild
Sat, Mar 13 Buffalo Sabres
Mon, Mar 15 Calgary Flames
Fri, Mar 19 Edmonton Oilers
Sat, Mar 20 Vancouver Canucks
Mon, Mar 22 Pittsburgh Penguins
Wed, Mar 24 St. Louis Blues
Fri, Mar 26 Minnesota Wild
Sat, Mar 27 Nashville Predators
Tue, Mar 30 Edmonton Oilers

Thu, Apr 1 Columbus Blue Jackets
Sat, Apr 3 Nashville Predators
Sun, Apr 4 Philadelphia Flyers
Wed, Apr 7 Columbus Blue Jackets
Fri, Apr 9 Columbus Blue Jackets
Sun, Apr 11 Chicago Blackhawks

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Detroit VS.
Thu, Mar 11 Minnesota Wild W
Sat, Mar 13 Buffalo Sabres L
Mon, Mar 15 Calgary Flames L
Fri, Mar 19 Edmonton Oilers W
Sat, Mar 20 Vancouver Canucks L
Mon, Mar 22 Pittsburgh Penguins L
Wed, Mar 24 St. Louis Blues W
Fri, Mar 26 Minnesota Wild W
Sat, Mar 27 Nashville Predators W
Tue, Mar 30 Edmonton Oilers W

Thu, Apr 1 Columbus Blue Jackets W
Sat, Apr 3 Nashville Predators L
Sun, Apr 4 Philadelphia Flyers L
Wed, Apr 7 Columbus Blue Jackets W
Fri, Apr 9 Columbus Blue Jackets W
Sun, Apr 11 Chicago Blackhawks L
and I am being pretty generous in their losses here. But against Columbus 3 times, Edmonton 2 times and Minnesota 2 times. That is almost guaranteed. Although Columbus might steal one of those games

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
He's also had his moments where he says stupid things too.
and those moments are VERY frequent

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
19sharks19

[QUOTE=HOOCH2173;24416055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
Calgary attempted to put a stamp on that last night.

Yeah but Detroit is only 1 point out of it. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to catch up on that one. I mean take a look at the rest of their schedule: (man Columbus 3 times in their last month).

Detroit VS.
Thu, Mar 11 Minnesota Wild
Sat, Mar 13 Buffalo Sabres
Mon, Mar 15 Calgary Flames
Fri, Mar 19 Edmonton Oilers
Sat, Mar 20 Vancouver Canucks
Mon, Mar 22 Pittsburgh Penguins
Wed, Mar 24 St. Louis Blues
Fri, Mar 26 Minnesota Wild
Sat, Mar 27 Nashville Predators
Tue, Mar 30 Edmonton Oilers

Thu, Apr 1 Columbus Blue Jackets
Sat, Apr 3 Nashville Predators
Sun, Apr 4 Philadelphia Flyers
Wed, Apr 7 Columbus Blue Jackets
Fri, Apr 9 Columbus Blue Jackets
Sun, Apr 11 Chicago Blackhawks
That is why the Flames need to win as much as possible and, if they succeed, come the playoffs they could be totally spent. Check out their schedule here; http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=cgy

Per the schedules, you are right though, it does look favourable to the Wings at this point.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote