HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Blue Jackets @ Los Angeles Kings 03/08/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
03-09-2010, 04:01 AM
kingpest19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
he isn't having a great season for sure, but neither is the team around him. and in his defense, he's also just coming off having mono last month... and that is one helluva illness.
Dude has a serious problem then because he had last year as well too.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Simpsons fail. Use Milhouse. He played goalie really badly in the Simpsons before Lisa took over.
Just for you, I changed the characters around.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:15 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Had to work late... Just finished watching the game.

So happy with the game,
So pissed I wasn't there.

Games like these are why I bought season seats. Damn.

Only other game I missed this year was the 2nd home game, the big, exciting win over San Jose. If only I could go back in time and miss the first Phoenix game and the Montreal one instead...

Oh well, listen to me complaining.

Frolov was a beast! its frustrating watching Brown, Smyth and Kopi all play well individually but not able to put it together as a line.

Clune was worth the wait.

**** Blunden.

I never, ever use this 'expression', but Mason deserved it; lulz.

I'm still a genius for Modin.

Doughty's goal was my favorite.

I use to think I was twisted, but my girlfriend laughed her ass off at the end of the game when Jones high sticked Umberger. She insisted we watch the play 7 times.

I want Modin-Handzus-Frolov as a playoff line.

Doughty/Scuderi is refreshing.

Stupid Blue Jackets.

I'm going to bed.

**** Chicago.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:20 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Just for you, I changed the characters around.
Yay!

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:27 AM
KingLB

Took this from the Columbus GDT, but if its true I think it's the definition of getting a player for nothing.

Per Tom Reed on Twitter:

The Dispatch has learned the LA Kings must win the Stanley Cup for the Jackets to receive conditional 7th-round pick for Fredrik Modin

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:38 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I asked Matt Greene how much water was crushed tonight at the Q & A after the game so, yeah, I feel pretty good about tonight.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:44 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
How did we get Modin for nothing? We dont have to play Ivan on the 4th and we get experience. Awesome

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:50 AM
kynen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
The Dispatch has learned the LA Kings must win the Stanley Cup for the Jackets to receive conditional 7th-round pick for Fredrik Modin
Hahahah! Sign Dean to an extension now!

kynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 05:15 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Took this from the Columbus GDT, but if its true I think it's the definition of getting a player for nothing.

Per Tom Reed on Twitter:

That'd be the most glorious 7th round pick to give up if that meant the Kings won the Stanley Cup.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Reminds me of the conditional 3rd the Ducks receive from the Flyers from the Pronger trade. They only get it if the Flyers win the Stanley Cup.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Gulvorn

We gave him up because what else were we going to do with him? They'd probably rather play prospects then keep around Modin for another month. We obviously weren't going to resign the guy when he's played maybe 10-15 games in the past 3 seasons making 3.25M a year. You're lucky when you wake up in the morning and hear that Modin actually wasn't injured in practice or on the way to the ice rink for once. I'm surprised he still has legs at this point to be honest. I like the guy, but boy was he a horrible contract.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 06:25 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio and NHL Video: LA Kings Embarrass Blue Jackets, 6-0

Frozen Royalty Audio and NHL Video: LA Kings Embarrass Blue Jackets, 6-0

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 08:11 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Thoughts...

The Kings played so welll, I think the worst Kings performance of the game was the trainer's multiple attempts to stem the linesman's bleeding.
Doughty tripping over himself, then getting it from the bench needs to be mentioned

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 08:53 AM
HeadInjury

Quote:

Per Tom Reed on Twitter:

So they get the last pick in the draft if we win the Cup? Deal.

HeadInjury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:49 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Dude has a serious problem then because he had last year as well too.

i meant last year, and it's something that takes about a year to fully recover from.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:

Per Tom Reed on Twitter:

GOLD!

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
Kings PP so much better with the changes up front. Handzus makes that whole first unit ten times better.
And playing a weaker team doesn't hurt either.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:14 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:

Per Tom Reed on Twitter:

They were that desperate to not have to pay him for 20 more games

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
And playing a weaker team doesn't hurt either.
Bingo. For those watching the game, were the Kings really that good? Or were Columbus just THAT bad?

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:27 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M View Post
Bingo. For those watching the game, were the Kings really that good? Or were Columbus just THAT bad?
i think it was both, hence the 6-0 final score. the kings were definitely better tonight, right from the opening faceoff. passes were crisp, the intensity level was there, and they were hungry for the net and decisive with the puck. and columbus is definitely having a rough season. they were tentative, disorganized on defense, and ineffective on attack. but still, despite the fact that columbus really didn't show up for the game, i'm very encouraged by how the kings played. i think they played well enough to have beaten montreal or nashville, if they had brought that kind of effort against those two teams.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M View Post
A good example of the whole game was the Doughty goal. Doughty went in deep on the 4 on 4 to support the two Kings players down low. His position was covered as required. Away from the puck, he went behind the net, then kind of skated backwards into the slot. Columbus' player completely missed his assignment, and Drew was left wide open to blast the puck from the most glorious place on the ice....dead center, about 15 feet from the goal line.

Kings played it perfectly, and Columbus played it all wrong. Pretty much the story of the game all night.

LOTS of calls on Columbus that first period, and none on the Kings. Deservedly so on both counts, too. I didn't see any missed calls against the Kings in that period, and few if any in the 2nd.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Pucknut50

Well it figures I live in Fountain Valley and our damn Time Warner Cable has been out since 9:00 AM Monday and I missed the game. Since we have Cable, Internet, and Telephone all with Time Warner the family had nothing to do but talk to each other. It was one of the most enjoyable evenings with the family in months. Even my 14 year old daughter came out of hiding and spent time with dad.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 12:15 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
A good example of the whole game was the Doughty goal. Doughty went in deep on the 4 on 4 to support the two Kings players down low. His position was covered as required. Away from the puck, he went behind the net, then kind of skated backwards into the slot. Columbus' player completely missed his assignment, and Drew was left wide open to blast the puck from the most glorious place on the ice....dead center, about 15 feet from the goal line.

Kings played it perfectly, and Columbus played it all wrong. Pretty much the story of the game all night.

LOTS of calls on Columbus that first period, and none on the Kings. Deservedly so on both counts, too. I didn't see any missed calls against the Kings in that period, and few if any in the 2nd.
i was thinking of that play as well. great example, i totally agree. columbus was crap last night, but the kings were making plays and would have competed well against any team.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Anyone have audio problems during the game?

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 12:43 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...p.html?sid=101

"The Jackets made ill-advised pinches on defense, lost board battles, gave the Kings acres of open ice and continued a parade to the penalty box. They were outshot 26-5 through two periods and 35-11 overall, avoiding the franchise record for fewest shot by one.

If that weren't bad enough, they watched former Jacket Fredrik Modin -- dealt to the Kings last week for a seventh-round conditional pick add a goal and an assist.

Before the game, Modin actually said it was a tough decision to waive his no-trade clause with a straight face."

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote