HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Extra 1st round pick to Sharks (10-20) or swap for top 10 pick

Old
03-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
The only scenario I see the Sharks getting an extra pick is if Montreal wants to trade what is near 15th overall for Ryane Clowe. I don't think they'll do it though. The Sharks can move up but their 1st will be involved. The Sharks can move Clowe but I think they'll either get a top four d-man or they'll get 2nds or prospects for him.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlinian View Post
No, the Sharks have all their picks for 2011, and that draft sounds like it is going to be a bit weaker. How about Montreal's 1st in 2010 + Subban or (Kristo+Weber) for Clowe, Murray, and Zalewski.
Well, Montréal can't do that. Cap and all. They're taking on, what, another 5-6 mill for their best prospect. Sure, they've traded away a top defensive prospect for salary before, but i think with Subban it's different.

Kristo is pretty much our second best prospect and the brass seems to be VERY happy with him.

Murray isn't really needed to the habs, as he's infinitely better offensively than O'bryne (which isn't hard to be) and slightly better defensively. Though, O'bryne is a righty, so that helps him out big time. The main player would be Clowe and as much as I'd love him on the habs, I'd be pissed if the habs included Subban, or Kristo to acquire him.

Don't know anything about Zalewski.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Well, Montréal can't do that. Cap and all. They're taking on, what, another 5-6 mill for their best prospect. Sure, they've traded away a top defensive prospect for salary before, but i think with Subban it's different.

Kristo is pretty much our second best prospect and the brass seems to be VERY happy with him.

Murray isn't really needed to the habs, as he's infinitely better offensively than O'bryne (which isn't hard to be) and slightly better defensively. Though, O'bryne is a righty, so that helps him out big time. The main player would be Clowe and as much as I'd love him on the habs, I'd be pissed if the habs included Subban, or Kristo to acquire him.

Don't know anything about Zalewski.
How about Clowe for 1st+Weber then?

tarlinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
rumor was DW turned down a top-10 pick for Clowe last year...
if this rumour is true, why does DW still have a job?

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Baba Ganoush

what about some sort of setoguchi/1st rd pick (BOS) deal?

edit: on second thought...boston might want to stay away from san jose when it comes to trades.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 05:48 PM
5H4RK5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
How has Petrecki played in the AHL this season? The Canucks need some defensive prospects and if we draft some (say somebody in the first round this spring) we're still years away from them helping the team at all.

I wouldn't be entirely against the Canucks trading their pick for a solid prospect that has a better timeline for playing at the NHL level.

I don't think trades like this happen very often, and I don't know anything about Petrecki so this may be a pointless post.
I'm sure you can acquire another great player from us for next to nothing. Your GM must have a hypnotic tool that gets our GM into instant trade mode.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:48 AM
canadianmagpie

vCash: 1478
Quote:
Feel free to make proposals for anyone except Marleau...
personally i think that if someone offered san jose a 1st for marleau, they would take it.... you know, seeing how marleau would be a UFA soon after the draft.... Are you assuming that Marleau resigns with San Jose before the draft?

canadianmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmagpie View Post
personally i think that if someone offered san jose a 1st for marleau, they would take it.... you know, seeing how marleau would be a UFA soon after the draft.... Are you assuming that Marleau resigns with San Jose before the draft?
Yes, I'm assuming that all UFAs are re-signed. (If they aren't they certainly won't be worth anything close to a 1st round pick.) I personally believe that Nabby shouldn't be re-signed this year. I'd be willing to throw in his rights to any deal someone might propose.

Old
03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
TNT8592

if nabby doesnt resign my guess is he might go to washington?

TNT8592 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT8592 View Post
if nabby doesnt resign my guess is he might go to washington?
That seems to be entirely possible, especially if Varlamov doesn't get much playing time to shine in this year.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Frankie Spankie

I can understand that you'd want to upgrade a draft pick without giving core players but why are your draft picks untouchable too? The best way to move up like 10-15 spots in the draft is to just swap first rounders and throw in a couple of your picks in later rounds as well.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:28 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejci46 View Post
I can understand that you'd want to upgrade a draft pick without giving core players but why are your draft picks untouchable too? The best way to move up like 10-15 spots in the draft is to just swap first rounders and throw in a couple of your picks in later rounds as well.
Because outside of our 1st the next best pick is in the 3rd round. And generally speaking the Sharks get good value out of late round picks. They also haven't had a 1st for two years running now, and have had less than seven picks most years too, hence my desire to trade some of our decent but not necessarily top tier prospects along with someone like Clowe for a somewhat high 1st.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:40 PM
ThorntonFan19

k ummm why isnt Pavelski on the untouchable list??????

anyway, I would do Clowe for Boston's 1st + mid level prospect + 5th

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
tarlinian

For Pavs I'd want top 10 pick+. If someone wants to give that much we at least have a plausible replacement for Pavs in Couture, not so much with the other folks.

I think that might be just a bit too much from Boston. Maybe downgrade the 5th to a 6th. It also depends what you mean by mid-level prospect, lower-tier is probably better. Or simply drop the prospect and switch the 5th to a 3rd. I was thinking something like Clowe for Montreal 1st+Yanick Weber.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:18 AM
tarlinian

So anyone have updates on this? Somehow, I'm guessing people will be tripping over themselves to give up a top 10 pick for Pavelski.

But in all seriousness, any chances for the Sharks to either trade up into the 10-20 range of the 1st round. (I'm basically hoping that the Sharks grab one of Forbort, Merrill or Pysyk.)

Pavs should garner a very high pick+ if you want him (i.e., we'd be able to get one of the top 3 dmen out of that pick).

Others available:
Clowe (should garner a 1st rounder around 20 by himself, I feel like Clowe+SJ 1st+6th for 15th overall+ 45th overall would be fair), Murray, Huskins, Ferriero, Zalewski, other AHL depth (except Mashinter and McLaren), any goalie prospect not named Stalock.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:44 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal9ary View Post
Would you be interested in Vancouvers 30th overall pick?
Who did Vancouver trade to get Chicago's first rounder?

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post

Clowe alone could net a top 15th pick (Minnesota's?).
no he couldnt

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Who did Vancouver trade to get Chicago's first rounder?
Man, that pick is on the move!

First Philly, then chicago, then vancouver and now San Jose wants it

wow, everyone must have their eyes on a must have guy at #30, could be superstar!

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
k ummm why isnt Pavelski on the untouchable list??????

anyway, I would do Clowe for Boston's 1st + mid level prospect + 5th
Would you do this:

To Boston: Clowe
To San Jose: BOS 1st, Andrew Ference, Mikko Lehtonen

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

The hell is with San Jose fans trading away producing assets for draft picks? The Sharks won game 1 you know... :

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Pavs should garner a very high pick+ if you want him (i.e., we'd be able to get one of the top 3 dmen out of that pick).
That's embarrassing. You should shed the Sharks logo - I'd give up almost everyone else on the team ahead of Pavs.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
That's embarrassing. You should shed the Sharks logo - I'd give up almost everyone else on the team ahead of Pavs.

Quote:
So anyone have updates on this? Somehow, I'm guessing people will be tripping over themselves to give up a top 10 pick for Pavelski.

But in all seriousness, any chances for the Sharks to either trade up into the 10-20 range of the 1st round. (I'm basically hoping that the Sharks grab one of Forbort, Merrill or Pysyk.)

Others available:
Clowe (should garner a 1st rounder around 20 by himself, I feel like Clowe+SJ 1st+6th for 15th overall+ 45th overall would be fair), Murray, Huskins, Ferriero, Zalewski, other AHL depth (except Mashinter and McLaren), any goalie prospect not named Stalock.
Quote:
For Pavs I'd want top 10 pick+. If someone wants to give that much we at least have a plausible replacement for Pavs in Couture, not so much with the other folks.

I think that might be just a bit too much from Boston. Maybe downgrade the 5th to a 6th. It also depends what you mean by mid-level prospect, lower-tier is probably better. Or simply drop the prospect and switch the 5th to a 3rd. I was thinking something like Clowe for Montreal 1st+Yanick Weber.
Dude is right, you should be fired Pasadena.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 04:55 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post

Oh come on, don't tell me you wouldn't even consider the NYI 1st+Hamonic+Rakhshani for Pavelski. I don't really expect such offers, hence the extremely high asking price. It's more of a morbid curiosity thing at this point. In reality, he's as untouchable as the rest. No one gives up packages like that for 2nd line centers.

As for trading roster players, someone has to go next year for cap space. I just want to see what kind of value we would get for these folks. Ideally, I'd like to see the Sharks pick in the mid 1st. You all have seen how valuable having Couture on the 3rd line has been. You don't get guys like him without picking higher in the 1st round. I'd like to get someone who can provide a similar shot in the arm on defense in a couple years.

Old
05-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
As for trading roster players, someone has to go next year for cap space. I just want to see what kind of value we would get for these folks. Ideally, I'd like to see the Sharks pick in the mid 1st. You all have seen how valuable having Couture on the 3rd line has been. You don't get guys like him without picking higher in the 1st round. I'd like to get someone who can provide a similar shot in the arm on defense in a couple years.
Marleau and/or Nabby should/will? go before Pavs. That (plus, letting Blake go (or re-signed at a much lower hi)) will give us the cap space needed to re-sign Pavs, Seto, Malhotra, Nichol and keep Clowe.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 05:07 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stuart View Post
Would you do this:

To Boston: Clowe
To San Jose: BOS 1st, Andrew Ference, Mikko Lehtonen
The Sharks can't take back much salary in such a trade. Replace Ference with Boychuk's RFA rights or the combination of Lehtonen and Ference with Caron.