Notices

Fire Carlyle

Old
03-10-2010, 01:59 AM
ericnut

vCash: 500
Fire Carlyle

The Ducks should fire Randy Carlyle.

1. Sent the 4th line on the ice with ~6 minutes to go in the game and down by two.

2. Refused to send the #1 line out against Pahlsson's line until they scored.

3. He can not motivate the team.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Paul4587

I agree, Carlyle is a great coach but he's worn out his welcome. The players have tuned him out and are no longer committing to his system.

The problem is, I don't see Murray doing anything about him anytime soon.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 04:09 AM
fez

plan b

clone Dan Sexton

fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:15 AM
albertabound

Clone Sexton? Since he was called up I am totally disappointed with his play. He is a good skater I will give him that but where is all the other skill he had before being sent down?

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Unholy

Been saying this for 2 years.

I hope Murray has it in him to do it...that I'm worried about

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 08:49 AM
parrosfan16

vCash: 505
Oh FFS again....

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

As a Kings fan I'll say that Carlyle ain't the problem. You guys never replaced Pronger and you really have no 2nd line center. Koivu is too old to be as effective and Neidermeyer is right behind him.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
JtotheLew

Thanks for your marvelous insight.

I think anyone with 2 eyes can see that the Ducks miss Pronger.

Carlyle needs to be canned though, I like him, he won us a cup, but we need a fresh start and I think someone who can execute a better system for this team.

JtotheLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Dirk316

Same annoying posters

1 bad year due to the team having one of the worst defenses in the league and lets blame one of the best coaches in the league!
Give him a sufficient team to work with and then judge the results if it fails then start this thread (i will even support it)

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
Been saying this for 2 years.

I hope Murray has it in him to do it...that I'm worried about

2 years? Even when he helped coach the team with no 2nd line last season 1 goal from a WCF?
What a joke

Old
03-10-2010, 01:38 PM
ericnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheLew View Post

I think anyone with 2 eyes can see that the Ducks miss Pronger.

Carlyle needs to be canned though, I like him, he won us a cup, but we need a fresh start and I think someone who can execute a better system for this team.

Any team that trades Pronger will miss him.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Same annoying posters

1 bad year due to the team having one of the worst defenses in the league and lets blame one of the best coaches in the league!
Give him a sufficient team to work with and then judge the results if it fails then start this thread (i will even support it)
I agree that he's one of the best coaches in the league but it's clear he can't motivate Getzlaf etc to play hard for him consistently. When your best players are mailing it in for long stretches during the season then it's time to try something else.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Same annoying posters

I don't think anyone is saying he's not a good coach, but he really hasn't shown much the past two seasons. He can't get the team to play worth a damn during the regular season. Last year we got enough lucky breaks to squeak into the 8th spot before guys actually started showing up to play, and this year we've pretty much failed miserably in every facet of the game.

Is it all Carlyle's fault? Hell no. Like you said, the defense has been atrocious this year. But I do think he deserves at least a little of the blame.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
As a Kings fan I'll say that Carlyle ain't the problem. You guys never replaced Pronger and you really have no 2nd line center. Koivu is too old to be as effective and Neidermeyer is right behind him.
Actually Koivu hasn't been that bad. Selanne and him haven't had the chemistry we expected though.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:34 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

So a lot of the criticism for Carlyle is that he switches the line too much, and that people feel that players can't build chemistry.

Now personally, I feel that this is something all fans complain about, and yet coaches still do it. So the fast are wrong. But in regards to Carlyle, he actually has now claimed that he WON'T change them around much for a few games. Although it's in the Register and not the website.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:43 AM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Quote:
Same annoying posters

Look at it this way. We had the best defense in the league last year and guess where we ended up? Now with the downgrade on defense albeit a massive downgrade, where do you think we'd be? Historically speaking, we went from 4th in 2008 to 8th in 2009 and now, we're bound to be heading lower. 4th to 8th in a span of 1 year with virtually the same pieces on defense. Take your pick buddy.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
Look at it this way. We had the best defense in the league last year and guess where we ended up? Now with the downgrade on defense albeit a massive downgrade, where do you think we'd be? Historically speaking, we went from 4th in 2008 to 8th in 2009 and now, we're bound to be heading lower. 4th to 8th in a span of 1 year with virtually the same pieces on defense. Take your pick buddy.
Another year of mileage on Pronger and Niedermayer, plus the injury of Beauchemin, plus Giguere sucking when he was in net can all explain the drop from 4th to 8th. We didnt have the best defensive core (we did?) until well after the trade deadline.

Also, how nice does that d-core look now? Nieds-Good Wiz, Pronger-Good Whitney, Beauchemin-Whomever. Makes it much easier to understand how that team went to game 7 of the 2nd round and this team getting a top 10 draft choice.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Another year of mileage on Pronger and Niedermayer, plus the injury of Beauchemin, plus Giguere sucking when he was in net can all explain the drop from 4th to 8th. We didnt have the best defensive core (we did?) until well after the trade deadline.

Also, how nice does that d-core look now? Nieds-Good Wiz, Pronger-Good Whitney, Beauchemin-Whomever. Makes it much easier to understand how that team went to game 7 of the 2nd round and this team getting a top 10 draft choice.
I'm using this as a way to explain the riches we had on defense prior to our 2nd round exit. On basis, we had Pronger, Niedermayer, Beauchemin, and Huskins.

Last year, I can excuse Giguere because life isn't always sunny skies. Nonetheless, we had Hiller who came in and played well for us. So you mean to tell me we went from 4th to 8th with Pronger, Niedermayer, Beauchemin, and others?

Old
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
So a lot of the criticism for Carlyle is that he switches the line too much, and that people feel that players can't build chemistry.
Terry Murray does that with the Kings constantly this season and it works out fine most of the time.

Last season he did it all of the time and it didn't work out that well.

The difference is this year's team is far more talented.

The Ducks have enough elite players and good enough goaltending. It's the rank and file players that are simply not good enough on the whole.

In a year or two, you guys will have it figured out. Your core is still young. Two Stanley Cup finals and one Cup in the past decade is better than 80-90% of the teams out there. You gotta take some bad with the good.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
I'm using this as a way to explain the riches we had on defense prior to our 2nd round exit. On basis, we had Pronger, Niedermayer, Beauchemin, and Huskins.

Last year, I can excuse Giguere because life isn't always sunny skies. Nonetheless, we had Hiller who came in and played well for us. So you mean to tell me we went from 4th to 8th with Pronger, Niedermayer, Beauchemin, and others?
Hiller did not take until later into the season which is around the same time the team had their run, Beachemin was out most of the year, the team had no second line and our checking line center had non-stop injuries/illnesses. Last year Murray did not get secondary scoring and this year he neglected the Defense. Thats 0-2 as far as im concerned

Old
03-11-2010, 11:10 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Quote:
Hiller did not take until later into the season which is around the same time the team had their run, Beachemin was out most of the year, the team had no second line and our checking line center had non-stop injuries/illnesses. Last year Murray did not get secondary scoring and this year he neglected the Defense. Thats 0-2 as far as im concerned
Yea, Niedermayer-Wisniewski, Pronger-Whitney, and schmoe-schmoe was good enough to get us in 8th place.

Looking at a bigger picture, dating back to the end of 2008, you still have Niedermayer, Pronger, Beauchemin, and Huskins with the underlined getting 25+ minutes a night. Same case a year later and they went from 4th to 8th. Okay, so you didn't have the secondary scoring you needed since you traded AndyMac away just to make Cap room for Scott Niedermayer when you used that Cap room getting Schneider and Bertuzzi, oh the pain of mentioning Bertuzzi! You didn't have much secondary scoring after Mack went and you wound up in 4th. You still didn't have secondary scoring a year later but you have a similar defensive structure and you wound up 4 places lower than you did a year before.

Now, you sacrifice the defense for more offense albeit a big sacrifice because it had to be done and you're bound to finish some place lower while it should be mentioned that the defense was improved at the trade deadline than before it. Well?

Last edited by S.S. Giggy: 03-11-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old
03-12-2010, 12:56 AM
JtotheLew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post

Any team that trades Pronger will miss him.
Why don't you read what I said and the post I was quoting.

JtotheLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Let's hope Carlyle is fired and goes to another team, preferably in the east. He is a damn good coach. Would love to see him someplace else.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
Yea, Niedermayer-Wisniewski, Pronger-Whitney, and schmoe-schmoe was good enough to get us in 8th place.:handclap

Whitney and Wiz did not appear until the trade deadline
Keep clapping

Looking at a bigger picture, dating back to the end of 2008, you still have Niedermayer, Pronger, Beauchemin, and Huskins with the underlined getting 25+ minutes a night. Same case a year later and they went from 4th to 8th. Okay, so you didn't have the secondary scoring you needed since you traded AndyMac away just to make Cap room for Scott Niedermayer when you used that Cap room getting Schneider and Bertuzzi, oh the pain of mentioning Bertuzzi! You didn't have much secondary scoring after Mack went and you wound up in 4th. You still didn't have secondary scoring a year later but you have a similar defensive structure and you wound up 4 places lower than you did a year before.

Now, you sacrifice the defense for more offense albeit a big sacrifice because it had to be done and you're bound to finish some place lower while it should be mentioned that the defense was improved at the trade deadline than before it. Well?
Now you are just rambling on and on you already know that signing Bertuzzi and Schneider where neccessary because not knowing whether Neids and Teemu would retire obviously it cost us our 2nd line with Andy Mac and also OD another piece we missed.
Face it 2 straight years of missing key pieces first time secondary scoring this year defense winning teams have both and we never even had the personal

Old
03-12-2010, 12:26 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Quote:
Now you are just rambling on and on you already know that signing Bertuzzi and Schneider where neccessary because not knowing whether Neids and Teemu would retire obviously it cost us our 2nd line with Andy Mac and also OD another piece we missed.
Face it 2 straight years of missing key pieces first time secondary scoring this year defense winning teams have both and we never even had the personal
And you just trying to get attention. You completely ignored my point about the basis of our defense for the past 3 years have included Pronger, Niedermayer, Beauchemin, and Huskins. The addition of Wisniewski and Whitney was enough to get this team from 10th to 8th late in 2009 and that's not to include the fact that you still had Niedermayer and Pronger on that blueline. I agree with you that forcing to trade AndyMac left a huge hole on our offense in 2008 and that issue still hasn't been addressed but, truth be told, you still had a decent defense corps to back up on.

You can entertain whatever wishes you want about this team but make no mistake of the facts. Good coaches know how to get his players' attentions. The problem, I can see, with Carlyle is that he's been using the same message for the past 4 years. Messages grow stale overtime, its effectiveness also slows down especially if you've been giving out the same message to the same players for 4 straight years.