HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks 03/10/10

Old
03-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

vCash: 500
Is it me or has a DD looked slower these past couple of games? There were times in the game when Toews just zoomed by him. Maybe he and Kopi need to go on a diet.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 10:46 PM
bland

Handzus has been our only Olympian that hasn't struggled in the last week.

Just sayin'.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 10:55 PM
SLang

Seriously, when regulation ended I'm thinking, eh, I don't care if they lose, that's a good, hard fought point on the road.

Then, the refs miss a CLEAR Chicago hold on Simmonds early in OT, and I'm thinking "I was OK with the call against Simmonds with a little over a minute left in regulation, AS LONG AS THE REFS ARE CONSISTENT, but not calling Chicago for that hold early in OT is bull****". Then, about 25 seconds later, they non-call a CLEAR Chicago interference on Kopitar...and now my blood's boiling.

Then Richardson gives the game away. My remote's lucky to have survived.

You got gifted tonight, Chicago, in more ways than one.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Hockey is a game of breaks. Breakouts, breakaways, good breaks, bad breaks, outbreaks (love you Bob!) and heart breaks. Tonight had some of each and ended with thousands of Kings fans with a face palm to their forehead or a hyperbolic version of a certain four letter word.
Click on the link http://www.lakingsnews.com for more

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

PHX-VAN tied at 3...

LET'S GO NUCKS!!!!!

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Old
03-10-2010, 11:03 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi The King View Post
Sharp was WAY offside, what the hell were the refs looking at that they messed that call?
No. He wasnt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
Randy Jones was a -3.... Just sayin.
Jones is Sooooooo bad I have to wonder what TM is thinking putting him out there. DD44 is available and should be getting minutes to get ready for the playoffs before Jones costs us in a big bad way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman28 View Post
Jones played no worse then doughty tonight. Richie's turnover Doesn't help the matter.
Please do not mention those two in the same paragraph much less the same sentence. Doughty playing poorly is far superior to anything #12 can ever do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i don't think he was bad, i think part of Chicago's overall game plan tonight was to pressure him as much as possible.

he ain't fooling anyone anymore... that's a sign of respect for what he can do out there.
Yep!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:04 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Seriously, when regulation ended I'm thinking, eh, I don't care if they lose, that's a good, hard fought point on the road.

Then, the refs miss a CLEAR Chicago hold on Simmonds early in OT, and I'm thinking "I was OK with the call against Simmonds with a little over a minute left in regulation, AS LONG AS THE REFS ARE CONSISTENT, but not calling Chicago for that hold early in OT is bull****". Then, about 25 seconds later, they non-call a CLEAR Chicago interference on Kopitar...and now my blood's boiling.

I once kick a hole into a chair over a non penalty shot call.

I'm a calm guy. You can talk **** to me all day and I'll turn the other check and be the bigger man, but if you don't call an obvious penalty shot... Heads are gonna role!

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:04 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:

The penalty that should have been called was where Toews hit Kopitar when the puck was nowhere near Kopi

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
SLang

Oh, and if I see that m**********r Randy Jones skating up the middle, all by his lonesome, only to whiff on his pass attempt, followed by an extended period of time for the opposition in the Kings zone one more time......well I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be pretty.

COME ON with this guy! He's not even contributing offensively at this point...BRING BACK HARROLD**!!!

**LOL can't believe I typed that.

Old
03-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Randy Jones is going to cost us a playoff game. Murray better end this experiment now. Our boys have worked too hard to get where they are and I don't want the incompetence of one to ruin it.

Old
03-10-2010, 11:19 PM
South Beach

Are you guys for real or is it just one feeding off the other. Your obsession with needing a scapegoat has gone so far and beyond that you don't even see the game as it is played out.

Richie had plenty of time to dump that puck in but instead made an ill advised play. You can't pass the blame on that one to anyone else.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:21 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
Are you guys for real or is it just one feeding off the other. Your obsession with needing a scapegoat has gone so far and beyond that you don't even see the game as it is played out.

Richie had plenty of time to dump that puck in but instead made an ill advised play. You can't pass the blame on that one to anyone else.
yeah he did cost us with that pass but Jones was horrible the whole game(just like he is every game), can't deny that.

Oh and its heading for a 3 point game in the desert

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

Obviously it was a terrible decision on Richardson's part, but W T F were BOTH defenseman doing rushing up ice ahead of him?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
bland

Quote:

Gee, well, yeah, you sorta can when you know the game and use your eyes to notice that the two d-men with the least amount of hockey sense both went bat-out-of-hell up ice instead of, I dunno, making themselves available to receive a pass from Richardson.

There is a lot more going on in this game than just the moment of impact plays.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Incidentally, did you notice Quick's reaction after the goal. I don't think he had his stick, he looked like he was rushing off the ice and O'D kind of hugged him with one hand and talked to him. It was odd. I suppose he may have just been very upset.

Old
03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I have never cheered harder for the Vancouver Canucks, I hope the demolish the Coyotes

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:44 PM
SLang

Quote:

I never blamed the defensemen, in fact I still don't. They were heading up-ice because NO ONE could have anticipated that play by Brad. I'm giving Richardson a hall pass from the dog house though because he's played pretty damn well this year.

Jones, in general, was just all sorts of suck.

Old
03-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Diving Pokecheck*

its just one of those game against one of those teams we got a point thats all

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:54 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

ARGHHHH

how the fugg does Phoenix keep winning? They freakin suck man

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Thanks a lot Vancouver.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2010, 11:59 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

damn yotes so 2 points back now with one game in hand

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:04 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Horrible turnover by Richardson. Really painful to watch.

Not surprising to see Jones flying towards the Chicago net as the puck went the other way though. This was easily his worst game since that impressive display of ineptitude in the home loss to St. Louis. Put him out there against a team that doesn't have a line you can hide him against and on the road when Murray can't get his match-ups and you have a recipe for disaster.

I agree with Zad as I said during the game that this clown will cost LA a win in the playoffs.

As for Doughty, I'm sure we have a problem with him losing the puck behind the other teams net. C'mon...he was not even close to awful tonight.

Handzus is a beast and HOW ABOUT CAPTAIN BROWN!! First time I've ever seen him instigate a fight, although he still dropped the gloves last. Close enough for me though and I'd love to see more of that!

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
redcard

For the record, Sharp was onside. The replay is up on NHL.com and if you pause it at the right time you can see his skate clearly on the line with the puck already across.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
I never blamed the defensemen, in fact I still don't. They were heading up-ice because NO ONE could have anticipated that play by Brad. I'm giving Richardson a hall pass from the dog house though because he's played pretty damn well this year.

Jones, in general, was just all sorts of suck.
one d-man jumping up -- ok. two? WTF?

i didn't catch who made the rushes up ice live but i still was thinking "i bet one of them is randy f'in jones". what a shocker that i turned out to be right!

bad play by richie compounded by an awful read by our defensemen. jones was awful all night. it's pretty easy to see why he's the scapegoat.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote