HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings Canít Afford To Slide Into Playoffs

Old
03-11-2010, 05:18 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 09:44 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Gann... I enjoy your articles but.. the Kings can slide, stumble, sashay... I don't care HOW they get in, they just need to get in. It's been 8 years. They are only one of 4 teams post-lockout that has yet to make the playoffs. It doesn't matter how they get there - they just need to get there.

Just making it in is a huge leap forward for this team. The fact that they are in a battle for 4th in the conference is stunning for a team most thought would battle for 8th and still not get in this year.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
We just need to be ready for desperate teams. We still have a handful of games where we will be playing teams that are desperate and playing games like they ARE the playoffs.

I know you don't want the Kings to "back in" to the playoffs....but, L.A. has shown that they bounce back from bad efforts. Every night is a new night. We just don't play well after layoffs and that is well-documented.

We didn't get 2 points last night...but I would argue it was our best game since the break.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
We just need to be ready for desperate teams. We still have a handful of games where we will be playing teams that are desperate and playing games like they ARE the playoffs.

I know you don't want the Kings to "back in" to the playoffs....but, L.A. has shown that they bounce back from bad efforts. Every night is a new night. We just don't play well after layoffs and that is well-documented.

We didn't get 2 points last night...but I would argue it was our best game since the break.

Exactly. See: Montreal.

We have some brutal games coming up. Two more versus Nashville. Three vs. Colorado. Vancouver, Phoenix. These are all teams jockeying for playoff positioning. No one in going to roll over like CBJ the other night, and I hope the Kings aren't okay with just making it to the playoffs. I hope they battle right up to the last day of the regular season, then step it up a notch in the first round.

The last thing you can do at this point in the season is mail it in as a successful season, as "man, we did good; we weren't even supposed to be here." If that's the case, we're only gonna see two home playoff games.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Just making it in is a huge leap forward for this team. The fact that they are in a battle for 4th in the conference is stunning for a team most thought would battle for 8th and still not get in this year.
That might have been true at the beginning of the season, but this team has consistently shown from game 1 through game 66 that they are poised to go far in the playoffs this year.

This is a young but very talented team that will definitely contend for the cup next year and the years after that, as long as they stay together. I am not prepared to say they can get to the finals this year, because it appears San Jose and Chicago are just too strong this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings make it to the WCF and give either San Jose or Chicago a VERY BAD TIME of it.

This team's talent can take them very far...they are just not a Montreal or a Boston in the Least fighting for that eighth spot, this team is much farther than that already.

Having said all that, it is clear the West is brutally tough this year. With the exception of Colorado, I wouldn't be surprised if any playoff contender makes it to the cup finals...it is that tough, and that even.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 12:07 PM
SLang

Yep, no matter what happens in the playoffs, just making the playoffs this season makes it a successful year. I've been saying it all year - it's all about the experience.

Will I be disappointed if they get bounced in the first round? Of course. Will I be crushed? Nope, because for once I can say "there's always next year" and mean it without rolling my eyes.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote