HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

# 67 | Panthers vs. Avs | 7 PM MTN | 3 - 11 - 10

Old
03-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Adama0905

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
The defense is being re-worked as Sacco has given Kyle Quincey a chance to re-evaluate his play and think about what he needs to do if he is going to be a top defender.

Moving back to the forwards for a moment, I simply feel different than you but I won't call you stupid for disagreeing with me. Complacency is a killer. Any team, organization or individual should always be looking for ways to improve regardless of how well they may be currently performing. And yes, I believe juggling the top two lines by swapping Hejduk and Stewart would be an improvement. Not only because I believe it would be a better fit for the two lines but also because I believe change, while difficult, also keeps people striving for more. I see where you are coming from and might subscribe to your point of view if the AVs had a better record coming out of the Olympic break..but the fact remains regardless of how the top two lines look all four lines, three d-pairings and the goaltender are under assault and they need to get better for the playoffs. I don't want to see the AVs coast into a berth, I want to see them charge into the playoffs and know they belong there.
Complacency may be a killer, and yes Sacco would be stupid not to change SOMETHING up after the defensive zone coverage that the guys have had since the break. It's been pathetic. But the top six has been performing at an elite level since the break, so I don't see why you think changing things up would be a good thing. There's no point risking screwing up all the chemistry and good things the top six has going for it right now, just for the very slim chance that they might pop in one more goal a game.

No, what needs to be changed is the bottom six and the defensive pairs. Hell, they played really well against the Panthers, so right now I'd say nothing has to be changed.

People get mad when Sacco changes things up after a couple bad games, and now they're mad that he's not changing things up after a few great games by the top six? What do you want?

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote