HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

On Draft day:Players worth our 1st round for...

Old
03-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
On Draft day:Players worth our 1st round for...

So, what are some players worth trading away our 1st for?

A)It NEEDS to be fesible. Or a chance of happening.. (Give a reason why)

We have a stocked prospect pool with some good up and coming players. This team is set with defensive prospects. so targeting a good young forward to fit with the build of this team is ideal. Trading our 1st for a 30yr+ old guy is not the best of idea. Someone still developing.

IE..(I'm gonna get flamed for this) Muller

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:31 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
So, what are some players worth trading away our 1st for?

A)It NEEDS to be fesible. Or a chance of happening.. (Give a reason why)

We have a stocked prospect pool with some good up and coming players. This team is set with defensive prospects. so targeting a good young forward to fit with the build of this team is ideal. Trading our 1st for a 30yr+ old guy is not the best of idea. Someone still developing.

IE..(I'm gonna get flamed for this) Muller
Tyler Seguin

Rangers just need to be at #5, and I'll wager they could make a deal with the Bruins, (whether they're at #2 or #3). This year's #1, next year's #1 and Dan Girardi, (Boston supposedly asked for Girardi when the Rangers inquired about Kessel), for Toronto's #1.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Tyler Seguin

Rangers just need to be at #5, and I'll wager they could make a deal with the Bruins, (whether they're at #2 or #3). This year's #1, next year's #1 and Dan Girardi, (Boston supposedly asked for Girardi when the Rangers inquired about Kessel), for Toronto's #1.
That's A)Completly off-basis from what this thread is geared towards.
B)That's a HUGE overpayment for this kid. I would rather trade two 1'st and a decent #3/#4 D-man (Girardi) for an established young player like...

Bobby Ryan (Prob not possible), Maybe throw in a good prospect
Stastny (sp?) (Again, prob not possible without some more additions
Hemsky? Maybe.
Tyler Myers? - Again, probably untouchable.

The theme is I'm not ok giving up TWO first round picks unless we get a franchise player/up+coming star

Old
03-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

If anything, I`d be looking to trade our pick up.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Crease

Trading down makes no sense for this organization right now because we're too many pieces away from a championship AND we lack that blue-chip forward prospect.

It's going to take more than our first round draft pick to trade for a proven first line guy under 25. No sense putting that package together right now when we're barely a playoff team.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SI Ranger View Post
If anything, I`d be looking to trade our pick up.
Up as in to top 3? or up as in move to 10 or 15?

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
ThirdEye

The team needs a player like Corey Perry. Unfortunately, I doubt Anaheim trades him for even a top 3 pick

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
Up as in to top 3? or up as in move to 10 or 15?
Not necessarly top three but around there.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:48 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
B)That's a HUGE overpayment for this kid. I would rather trade two 1'st and a decent #3/#4 D-man (Girardi) for an established young player like...

Hemsky? Maybe.

The theme is I'm not ok giving up TWO first round picks unless we get a franchise player/up+coming star
No, that's a slight overpayment, but, in Seguin, we are talking about a potential #1 center. And, frankly, that's the kind of deal you are more likely to see. Not too many teams are going to be giving up young developing stars (unless your name is Mike Milbury) for the unknown quantity of a draft pick, unless he's a generational talent. Hall, Seguin and Fowler are not generational talents, but, they are the type of quality, top line players this franchise is lacking.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Hemsky? Maybe.

You talk about jas going off base, but you're doing the same thing when you start talking about throwing in good prospects.

03-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Jersey Girl

Oh my goodness, this team cannot trade away draft picks. We cannot add a Corey Perry and his $5.325 million cap hit. We just can't.

We need more guys who contribute while on entry level contracts, i.e. Del Zotto, Anisimov, etc., with low cap hits.

The insanity has to end already. This kind of thought is why we are constantly spinning our wheels, and never get anywhere.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Oh my goodness, this team cannot trade away draft picks. We cannot add a Corey Perry and his $5.325 million cap hit. We just can't.

We need more guys who contribute while on entry level contracts, i.e. Del Zotto, Anisimov, etc., with low cap hits.

The insanity has to end already. This kind of thought is why we are constantly spinning our wheels, and never get anywhere.
I agree. If there's any kind of draft picks moving around we need to either be gaining some picks or moving up (Top 5).

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:38 PM
otto1219

Quote:

Hemsky? Maybe.

stastny is a great young player, but he has a 6.6 mill cap hit. I dont know if he is really worth it to be honest, point per game player, but hes a huge assists guy. Besides no way colorado sells him.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
pwoz

I say draft an NHL-ready player ASAP.

pwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:49 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:

I thought his cap hit was a bit lower, but if we could replace Redden's salary with his I would still be all for it if our pick isn't that high (say 10-15).

Anything lower than 10 though and you draft a player. I still have this feeling though that even if we had a top 5 pick we would manage to **** it up somehow

Old
03-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I thought his cap hit was a bit lower, but if we could replace Redden's salary with his I would still be all for it if our pick isn't that high (say 10-15).

Anything lower than 10 though and you draft a player. I still have this feeling though that even if we had a top 5 pick we would manage to **** it up somehow
Corey Perry on the Rangers would be as irrelevant as Ryan Smith was on the Islanders.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Corey Perry on the Rangers would be as irrelevant as Ryan Smith was on the Islanders.
Er... I disagree.

Old
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
AJRanger

Bobby Ryan and David Backes are two guys I want on this team moreso than anyone else, highly doubt that either's feasible at the draft though.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
It's going to take more than our first round draft pick to trade for a proven first line guy under 25. No sense putting that package together right now when we're barely a playoff team.
This.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 04:41 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Tyler Seguin

I would do this and run away laughing.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 05:20 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Tyler Seguin

To be honest, I'd even add Grachev or Dubi to sweeten to pot and our 2nd, we need a guy like Seguin badly

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
To be honest, I'd even add Grachev or Dubi to sweeten to pot and our 2nd, we need a guy like Seguin badly
That's basically trading Kabanov, Girardi, Grachev, and a 2nd for Seguin. I would never do that. Even if you substitute Kabanov for a mid first round pick. The top 3 this draft are clearly most desirable but getting the 5th pick still has a lot of value and isn't that far behind in terms of a trade.

I'm not sure what it would take to trade up from 5 to 3 but I wouldn't give too much to move there. Our first is going to be very valuable and not too far off a top 3 pick to begin with. We cannot afford to overpay. I'd give our 1st, Girardi, and our second to move up but not much more.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
That's basically trading Kabanov, Girardi, Grachev, and a 2nd for Seguin. I would never do that. Even if you substitute Kabanov for a mid first round pick. The top 3 this draft are clearly most desirable but getting the 5th pick still has a lot of value and isn't that far behind in terms of a trade.

I'm not sure what it would take to trade up from 5 to 3 but I wouldn't give too much to move there. Our first is going to be very valuable and not too far off a top 3 pick to begin with. We cannot afford to overpay. I'd give our 1st, Girardi, and our second to move up but not much more.
Your assuming we don't make the playoffs. The season isn't close to over yet!!!!

But that's neither here nor there.

Old
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post

We don't have a blue chip #1 center. Any in our pipeline? Any true #1s in FA? No teams wins anything without a #1 center. This is the true piece we need to start our rebuilding. there are few pieces I wouldn't trade to get that pick for him.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
We don't have a blue chip #1 center. Any in our pipeline? Any true #1s in FA? No teams wins anything without a #1 center. This is the true piece we need to start our rebuilding. there are few pieces I wouldn't trade to get that pick for him.
Stephan? AA has an outside chance. Nothing else.