HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Lightning Tickets

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2010, 01:59 AM
GuineaPigs

vCash: 500
Lightning Tickets

Hello Lightning fans,

I used to live in Sarasota (People from Tampa know where that is, right?), but for some bizzare reason I was never a hockey fan, nor did I even know that the Lightning were even a team... Anyways, we recently sold our condo and so we have to go back down to close the deal, which means for the first time since becoming a hockey fan, I'll be going to Florida during hockey season!
It looks like the only game I'll be down there for is Carolina @ Tampa, Tues. March 23, 2010 (Can you sense my excitement?). So my questions are:

1. What's the cheapest way to buy tickets (in or out of country)?

2. Is it plausible to just go to the box office before the game and purchase tickets?

3. Is it easy to sneak down to better seats in the middle of the game if there are few enough people in attendance?

4. Anything else I should know about attending a Lightning game?

I can't wait to see Stamkos play! He's starting to get a lot of hype up in Canada and people would probably be calling for Yzerman's head had Canada not win gold, since he left the kid off the team.
OT, (I hope I'm not killing you guys with all my questions!) how has Ohlund been doing for you? We miss him up here in Vancouver!

Old
03-16-2010, 01:19 AM
GuineaPigs

Bump!

Old
03-16-2010, 06:13 AM
Tokala

Quote:
1. What's the cheapest way to buy tickets (in or out of country)?
Crowds have been larger. I'm sure that there's still plenty of tickets available from scalpers around the arena. Availability at the box office is really unknown. It is Carolina and I don't think they have as many fans of the Divers here as some of the other teams. You can always try sneaking down into the lower levels. It's a 50-50 shot that it works. There's not really any bad seats in the building.

Old
03-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Normally I'd say you'd be fine if you just went to the box office the day of the game and got tickets, but I think the last two home games have been sold out so I don't know what that'll be like on the 23rd.

Old
03-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
Crowds have been larger. I'm sure that there's still plenty of tickets available from scalpers around the arena. Availability at the box office is really unknown. It is Carolina and I don't think they have as many fans of the Divers here as some of the other teams. You can always try sneaking down into the lower levels. It's a 50-50 shot that it works. There's not really any bad seats in the building.
They're not scalpers. They're just guys who didn't have their 200 friends show up.

A Carolina game shouldn't be too crowded though. You could probably get tickets at the box office before the game. Not that it's the cheapest way, mind you.

Old
03-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
They're not scalpers. They're just guys who didn't have their 200 friends show up.

A Carolina game shouldn't be too crowded though. You could probably get tickets at the box office before the game. Not that it's the cheapest way, mind you.
I didn't think a game against Atlanta would draw well either but it sold out.

As for sneaking to a lower seat it depends on how crowded it is. I've stayed down on the first level and didn't have any problems but that was with an attendance around 14000

03-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Want Revenge View Post
I didn't think a game against Atlanta would draw well either but it sold out.

As for sneaking to a lower seat it depends on how crowded it is. I've stayed down on the first level and didn't have any problems but that was with an attendance around 14000
Really? Wow. Didn't think that would happen.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Benders Lindyhop

That Atlanta game was on a Saturday though. Carolina's on a Tues, still tons of tickets left. Shouldn't be a problem to get day of game at the box office.

Old
03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

If its not sold out, you can get a 10-12 dollar seat at the box office right at the start of the game. Not bad at all.

Old
03-17-2010, 09:53 AM
GuineaPigs

Thanks for the help guys. I'll be cheering for the Lightning!

Old
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Off Center

sneaking into better seats is tough to do, there are stewards in every tunnel who check your tickets while you are waiting for a stoppage to go down to your seats. at a 10,000 person game i tried to go into a mostly empty section that was on the other side of the ice (same price & level, meeting up with a friend in that section) and was denied

Closed Thread